Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

All of the below are "for the first time":

So I'm watching Jessica Jones Season 2 now. Yes, it's true that Foggy is working for Hogarth in this season, as he comes out of his office and into hers to talk to her about her problems (ALS). I just finished episode 8. After JJ S2, I'll watch the rest in this order (skipping the movies for now), and see how it fits together that way:

Agents of SHIELD Season 4 (EP 13-22)
Agents of SHIELD Season 5 (EP 1)
Luke Cage season2/ More than an arm
Daredevil Season 3
Punisher Season 2
Agents of SHIELD S5 (EP 2,3,5,4,6-13(
Runaways Season 1
Runaways Season 2 (EP 1)
Iron Fist Season 2 (EP 1-7)
Runaways Season 2 (EP 2-13)
Iron Fist Season 2 (EP 8-10)
Agents of SHIELD Season 5 (EP 14-22)

Last edited:
All of the below are "for the first time":

So I'm watching Jessica Jones Season 2 now. Yes, it's true that Foggy is working for Hogarth in this season, as he comes out of his office and into hers to talk to her about her problems (ALS). I just finished episode 8. After JJ S2, I'll watch the rest in this order (skipping the movies for now), and see how it fits together that way:

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 4 (eps 13-22)
Luke Cage season2/ More than an arm
Daredevil Season 3
Punisher Season 2
Agents of SHIELD s5 EP 1,2,3,5,4,6-13
Runaways Season 1
Runaways Season 2 EP 1
Iron Fist Season 2 EP 1-7
Runaways Season 2 EP 2-13
Iron Fist Season 2 EP 8-10
Shield s5 e14-22
That's good. I would watch Runaways S2 in it's entirety but that's up to you

Before or after Iron Fist? I have it separated because, doesn't S02E01 come immediately after the first season? So glad I found an "alternative" way to watch Runaways so I don't need Hulu or have to sit through the annoying commercials. Same with Cloak & Dagger. I really wish they'd go ahead and bring everything from Defenders on to Blu Ray!

Now we are getting somewhere. Thanks!

Ok. Now, Selfishmisery's method sounds about the most accurate we can get, what with all the crossovers and the DA election. I agree with moving Daredevil S3 back a couple months.

Except all the Snow in the first 10 or so episodes of Daredevil 3. Doesn't really jive with Cage or Punisher.

Except all the Snow in the first 10 or so episodes of Daredevil 3. Doesn't really jive with Cage or Punisher.

We may or may not just have to ignore that based on the fact that it sometimes snows in September in the Northern part of the United States.
Punisher S2 might have to spread out from September to October for it to work...It almost never snows in August, from what I've just read.

Basically:
late-August to early-September
Luke Cage S2

September (post-Luke Cage S2)

The Punisher S2 Ep 1 - 5
Daredevil S3 Ep. 1 - 7

early-to-mid-October
Daredevil S3 Ep 8 - 13
The Punisher S2 Ep 6 - 13

Last edited:
We may or may not just have to ignore that based on the fact that it sometimes snows in September in the Northern part of the United States.
Punisher S2 might have to spread out from September to October for it to work...It almost never snows in August, from what I've just read.

Basically:
late-August to early-September
Luke Cage S2

September (post-Luke Cage S2)

The Punisher S2 Ep 1 - 5
Daredevil S3 Ep. 1 - 7

early-to-mid-October
Daredevil S3 Ep 8 - 13
The Punisher S2 Ep 6 - 13

Other than part of episode 1 of DD S3 crossing with the end of Defenders, of course. I watched the first 15 min of DD, just because of this fact.

I've definitely seen snow in September and October, born in Cleveland, OH. I'll watch the above for my first watch when I get there and see how it goes, as soon as I finish the second half of Shield S4.

Hey guys, sorry for the lack of updates lately. I'll update the timeline with Punisher season 2 soon.

In Punisher 2x11, at around 20:45, the ID of the nurse's uniform that Amy steals is valid between 01/18 and 01/20. So if we go with prop dates, then that might be evidence for 2018.

I'll admit that I do prefer the placement of Daredevil season 3 in early 2017. But as Pro Bot said, it's most likely after Luke Cage season 2. Not to mention that the Iron Fist season 2 description implies it to be set before Daredevil comes back:

https://www.cbr.com/iron-fist-season-2-synopsis/

Season 2 furthers the transformation of Danny, a character with a fish out of water coming of age story making his way in a harsh new world, battling to work out who he is. This season, Danny has promised that with Matt Murdock gone, he will step up and protect his city. But a sinister plot twist threatens his very identity and he must conquers his villains to protect the town and people he holds close to his heart.

So it looks like, at the very least, Luke Cage s2 and Iron Fist s2 are both set after The Defenders but before Daredevil s3. If we take this information into account, then we'd have to ignore the prop dates, which I'm fine with, but it would also mean that we'd have to push The Defenders back a few months so that Luke Cage season 2 takes place in August-September.

Based on the information in Daredevil season 3, it would seem to be taking place in early 2017. But my decision to place it in late 2017 was based on its relationship to the other Netflix seasons.

Any suggestions on how to work this out?

Last edited:
I think if we ignored too many prop dates, we'd have to do the same for all the other ones through-out the MCU. That's not gonna work at all.

I'm not even sure what kind of problems moving Iron Fist S2 to January 2017 would cause. Yet Luke Cage S2 is definitely cemented in the Fall.
Hmmm...

Last edited:
Iron Fist is definitely not in January 2017 based on Misty Knights arm and that reference to Luke Cage's "activities".

Danny may not know about Matt's whereabouts, making it easier to place Daredevil S3 before, but not too long.

I notice you capitalised AoS alternative timeline. May I ask why?

For The Punisher S2, just go for your gut. We it can work out later.

Last edited:
I just watched Agents of SHIELD season 4 on Netflix. Anyone else have a problem playing episode 22 on TVs? It works fine on my phone, but if I try to cast it to Chrome cast or play via the Netflix Wii U app, it either freezes or the audio is way out of sync. Again, on my Android phone itself, it plays just fine. Never had this problem with any other show, episode or movie. Anyone else?

I just watched Agents of SHIELD season 4 on Netflix. Anyone else have a problem playing episode 22 on TVs? It works fine on my phone, but if I try to cast it to Chrome cast or play via the Netflix Wii U app, it either freezes or the audio is way out of sync. Again, on my Android phone itself, it plays just fine. Never had this problem with any other show, episode or movie. Anyone else?
Here, in the UK, we don't have AoS. I don't recall anything like that happening nonetheless.

Not at all, or just not on Netflix? I actually like it better than the Netflix shows myself.

Not at all. Maybe once but I don't really remember. I don't think I've encountered that problem. Look it up.

Haha, no I meant AoS. Does it not air in the UK? It's my favorite of all the Marvel shows.

Last edited:
Hey so, what do you guys think.about the whole president issue in the MCU? They mention Obama in Luke Cage, Runaways and one of Cap's books in Winter Soldier. Then Hillary Clinton is mentioned in Runaways. Of course, the MCU has President Ellis, seen in AoS, Iron Man 3 and WHiH segments. I like the fan theory that Obama was president for one term from 08-12, then he lost to Ellis in 2012, due to the "incident". Then I think Ellis went up against Clinton in 2016 and beat her as well. I still haven't seen Runaways (either season), but I guess some people in it are upset that Clinton lost. I guess it's just because they wanted a woman president.

I have to rewatch Iron Man 3 to see how everything fits with Killian's dialouge and everything. For you UK guys, the US presidential term is 4 years, with a maximum of 8 years if re-elected. I have no idea how elections/ King and Queen stuff work outside of the US myself.

Hey so, what do you guys think.about the whole president issue in the MCU? They mention Obama in Luke Cage, Runaways and one of Cap's books in Winter Soldier. Then Hillary Clinton is mentioned in Runaways. Of course, the MCU has President Ellis, seen in AoS, Iron Man 3 and WHiH segments. I like the fan theory that Obama was president for one term from 08-12, then he lost to Ellis in 2012, due to the "incident". Then I think Ellis went up against Clinton in 2016 and beat her as well. I still haven't seen Runaways (either season), but I guess some people in it are upset that Clinton lost. I guess it's just because they wanted a woman president.

I have to rewatch Iron Man 3 to see how everything fits with Killian's dialouge and everything. For you UK guys, the US presidential term is 4 years, with a maximum of 8 years if re-elected. I have no idea how elections/ King and Queen stuff work outside of the US myself.
Nah, we don't really care about that royal family thing. The Queen just goes "alright mate. That law is fine" and they are only really important for tourists. as for the president thing, i completely agree with that theory.

There are two new books out that tie in to Captain Marvel. Not 100% sure if they're canon, but I'm starting to read them. I'll keep updated on timeline placement.
I finished reading Captain Marvel: Higher, Further, Faster. It takes place over the course of Carol Danvers' first year at the Air Force Academy. Specifically, Chapters 1-12 take place in 1983, while Chapters 13-20 are in 1984.

The only problem with that theory is that Ellis' term wouldn't start until February 2013, when he is clearly President in Iron Man 3 at the end of 2012. Maybe Obama was impeached so Ellis' term could begin earlier?

Latest posts

Back