Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

Endgame spoilers follow.

Regarding Endgame's placement on the timeline, I would recommend using formatting similar to this from S.H.I.E.L.D.:

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. 5x08: "The Last Day" (0:16:48 - 0:17:50) (Alternate Timeline)

So it would look something like this:

July 27
Agent Carter 2x10: "Hollywood Ending" (0:31:16 - 0:39:23)

????

Avengers: Endgame (2:??:?? - 2:??:??) (Alternate Timeline)

at least until we get further information about how time travel works in the MCU.

Endgame spoilers follow.

Regarding Endgame's placement on the timeline, I would recommend using formatting similar to this from S.H.I.E.L.D.:

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. 5x08: "The Last Day" (0:16:48 - 0:17:50) (Alternate Timeline)

So it would look something like this:

July 27
Agent Carter 2x10: "Hollywood Ending" (0:31:16 - 0:39:23)

????

Avengers: Endgame (2:??:?? - 2:??:??) (Alternate Timeline)

at least until we get further information about how time travel works in the MCU.
Instead of that, try the "•••" option that the site provides you. You will then find the flag with the rest "Spoiler". I don't think that we need to use spoiler tags now anyway.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. light spoilers
since this is definitely after the snap, I looked for any references dispite being told there are none. Unless I wasn't paying close attention, no reason is given to the cause of the new recruit's (from the bar) boyfriends death. It's possible that this is will be retconed to be the snap, even if originally it wasn't.

Enoch said that he "was prepared to guard this vessel for the next 73 years, 261 days". Either 74 years was rounding up, or he meant from now.

Last edited:
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. light spoilers
since this is definitely after the snap, I looked for any references dispite being told there are none. Unless I wasn't paying close attention, no reason is given to the cause of the new recruit's (from the bar) boyfriends death. It's possible that this is will be retconed to be the snap, even if originally it wasn't.

Enoch said that he "was prepared to guard this vessel for the next 73 years, 261 days". Either 74 years was rounding up, or he meant from now.
I had the same thought about the guy's boyfriend. There also seemed to be a general depressing tone hanging over everyone, which tonally at least fits with how we see the world after the five-year gap in Endgame.

Regarding the opening scene with Enoch, I assumed he just meant he was freezing Fitz for exactly 74 years, and this was just 104 days into his stasis. If that's the case, the opening scene takes place around February 2018. However, 74 years probably wasn't an exact number.

I don't know what to think about this. According to all timelines it takes place in 2019. But producers and writers say it's pre-snap. It doesn't make any sense. I see 4 options:

1. Producers are wrong :confused: and it realy is 2019 after the snap.
  2. It's kind of alternate timeline, but the characters don't know it.
  3. ABC screwed up timeline.
  4. They are hiding something and misleading us.

I don't know what to think about this. According to all timelines it takes place in 2019. But producers and writers say it's pre-snap. It doesn't make any sense. I see 4 options:

1. Producers are wrong :confused: and it realy is 2019 after the snap.
  2. It's kind of alternate timeline, but the characters don't know it.
  3. ABC screwed up timeline.
  4. They are hiding something and misleading us.
It's 1. and 3..

I think season 6 will have indirect non-tie-ins and season 7 will fully embace the Decimation.

Is that S.H.I.E.L.D. in Spider-Man: Far From Home? If so Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. has to continue to be pre-hulk-snap. It would work with them rebuilding S.H.I.E.L.D. again.
(Russos lifted spoiler ban on Avengers: Endgame)

Last edited:
Updated for Avengers: Endgame. No need to spoiler tag anymore since the Russos lifted the spoiler ban.

If we assume that Infinity War takes place a week or two after Ant-Man and the Wasp, this means that Stark and Nebula are rescued by Danvers in early June 2018, since it's been 22 days since the snap.

The 2012 events may have created an alternate timeline, while the 2014 events almost certainly did. The events in 2013 and 1970 didn't necessarily create alternate timelines. However, until more concrete information is given, I have decided to list all of the time travel events (including 1948) as alternate timelines.

The film confirms Doctor Strange's placement in 2017, since the Ancient One tells Hulk in 2012 that he's five years too early to find him.

Also, there's nothing in the movie that contradicts The Cosmic Quest - Volume Two: Aftermath, since Selvig is only missing, not confirmed dead.

To differentiate the different timelines, I listed the alternate timeline from Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. season 5 as "Quake Timeline".

Last edited:
I'm starting to think the opening scene of Agents of SHIELD 6x01 takes place after the Season 5 finale. If it took place before it, then that mean Fitz's ship was destroyed before they changed the timeline, which would mean this happened in both timelines. However, it seems that this did not occur in the original timeline. So preventing the destruction of Earth may have somehow led to Fitz's ship getting attacked.

Updated for Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. 6x01.

At 11-12 minutes in, Mack tells May he doesn't need to remind her what day it is tomorrow, and then says it's hard to believe it's been a year. I'm assuming he's referring to the anniversary of Coulson's death, so I placed 6x01 in May 2019 accordingly.

I'm starting to think the opening scene of Agents of SHIELD 6x01 takes place after the Season 5 finale. If it took place before it, then that mean Fitz's ship was destroyed before they changed the timeline, which would mean this happened in both timelines. However, it seems that this did not occur in the original timeline. So preventing the destruction of Earth may have somehow led to Fitz's ship getting attacked.
Fair point. It's possible that Fitz was frozen for slightly more than 74 years.

Updated for Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. 6x01.

At 11-12 minutes in, Mack tells May he doesn't need to remind her what day it is tomorrow, and then says it's hard to believe it's been a year. I'm assuming he's referring to the anniversary of Coulson's death, so I placed 6x01 in May 2019 accordingly.
It could also potentially be June, because May said they were able to spend more time together than they thought before he died. And in 5x22 they said he had "days". May 2019 is probably a good enough assumption though.

Updated for Avengers: Endgame. No need to spoiler tag anymore since the Russos lifted the spoiler ban.

If we assume that Infinity War takes place a week or two after Ant-Man and the Wasp, this means that Stark and Nebula are rescued by Danvers in early June 2018, since it's been 22 days since the snap.

The 2012 events may have created an alternate timeline, while the 2014 events almost certainly did. The events in 2013 and 1970 didn't necessarily create alternate timelines. However, until more concrete information is given, I have decided to list all of the time travel events (including 1948) as alternate timelines.

The film confirms Doctor Strange's placement in 2017, since the Ancient One tells Hulk in 2012 that he's five years too early to find him.

Also, there's nothing in the movie that contradicts The Cosmic Quest - Volume Two: Aftermath, since Selvig is only missing, not confirmed dead.

To differentiate the different timelines, I listed the alternate timeline from Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. season 5 as "Quake Timeline".
Since we know that Spider-Man: Far From Home is immediately after Avengers: Endgame, that would indicate it's in June/July, depending on if the current date for Spider-Man: Far From Home is correct.

Since we know that Spider-Man: Far From Home is immediately after Avengers: Endgame, that would indicate it's in June/July, depending on if the current date for Spider-Man: Far From Home is correct.
Not necessarily. It's possible that the movie begins a few moments after Endgame ends, and then some time passes before the main events of the movie take place.

I'll wait and see if the movie itself or any interviews give more precise information on how much time has passed.

Last edited:
If they give the alternative timelines official earth numbers, should those replace the (alternative/Quake Timeline) markers?

When the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. writers said the season takes place "pre-snap", is it possible that they meant Hulk's snap?

Latest posts

Back