Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

Notes for JJ 3x01:

At 8 minutes in, there's a football game on TV at the bar, but it could be an old game.
At 22 minutes in, the Empire State Building seems to be lit magenta/pink (?) and green/blue (?), and at 38 minutes in, it's green.
At 27 minutes in, an email from SoHo Emporium says it's spring.
At 39 minutes in, Trish's show is advertising an "Easy Breezy Summer Tank", meaning it could be mid-late spring 2018. There are also pumpkin stickers in the background of the bar, but they can be ignored.

3x02:

At 5 minutes in, there are news articles about crime rates rising alongside summer temperatures, likely placing Trish's training in summer 2017, which fits with the ending of season 2.
At 12 minutes in, the store is called Halloween Adventure - New York Costumes, so it just seems to be a general-purpose costume shop.
At 19 minutes in, a police report shows the victim's age as 37, and his birth date as 10/06/1981, meaning this scene takes place after October 6, 2018. This might be contradictory to it seemingly being shortly after season 2 though.
At 34 minutes in, Grace says it's spring, so a year might have passed at this point, and it's late winter/early spring 2018.
At 47 minutes in, there's a wrestling match playing on TV.

3x03:

At 47 minutes in, Trish says she's spent the last year honing her skills.

3x05:

At 2 minutes in, same evidence as the trailer: the Account Summary sheet is for the period of April 24 to May 24, the Consumer Credit Report was issued 3/15/2016. and the LeesonBank sheet's statement period is August 24 to September 22.
At 48 minutes in, the Empire State Building seems to be lit gold.

3x06:

At 41 minutes in, Benowitz says that Rand is on sabbatical, so this is likely after Iron Fist season 2.

3x07:

At 10 minutes in, we see a news article dated April 7, 2001, which is said at 14 minutes in to be 18 years ago, implying this is in 2019 or late 2018.

3x08:

At 6 minutes in, Grace says Mother's Day is in 6 months, which may imply it's November, but since she and Trish were bantering, maybe it's just a few months until Mother's Day, and it's an exaggeration?
At 23 minutes in, Wallace mentions Jessica fighting a female serial killer last year, presumably Alisa in season 2.

3x10:

At 44 minutes in, the Empire State Building is green.

3x12:

At 39 minutes in, the Empire State Building is green.

3x13:

At 4 minutes in, Luke mentions the Raft.
At 8 minutes in, Trish mentions debuting their spring-summer collection.
At 11 minutes in, the Empire State Building is light-green.
At 12 minutes, an email from SoHaute SoHo mentions "Fall styles".

Will continue to update later.

Last edited:
MCU Wiki said:
Just got a line "Mothers day is six months away" which is probably the most specific a Netflix show has ever been regarding time. Also Trish has commented on having her powers at least a full year and Malcolm has plans to be working where he's working for "another year" which possibly implies he's passed the year mark. So it sounds like November 2018 which would explain a football game being on. Regardless I'm really enjoying the season so far, idk why the reviews have been sour, probably because it can't possibly live up to being the grand finale for all of Marvel Netflix.

At 34 minutes in, Trish's guest says it's spring, so a year might have passed at this point, and it's late winter/early spring 2018.

These don't add up.

How about Mothers day is a mistake and it takes place earlier in the MCU, as to have it both pre-snap and in spring? I mean, unless they have/will reference Valentines day, it's the only way.

Last edited:
How about Valentines day is a mistake and it takes place earlier in the MCU, as to have it both pre-snap and in spring? I mean, unless they have/will reference Valentines day, it's the only way.

I need to see the scene and hear the line of dialogue in the episode itself first. Right now, I don't know the episode title.

Just a tiny correction to Jessica Jones S3 titles:
It's "A.K.A", unlike S1 and S2, where it's just "AKA". Really weird, they didn't even call it "A.K.A.".

OK, just watched JJ and I believe it must be late January and early February 2018.

- 1 year after season 2 (doesn't have to be exactly 1 year)
- Mother's Day in 6 months: 13th May (again, doesn't have to be exactly 6 months)
- Danny Rand is not in NY
- weather fits, not too warm, not too cold

Everything points
OK, just watched JJ and I believe it must be late January and early February 2018.

- Mother's Day in 6 months: 13th May (again, doesn't have to be exactly 6 months)
Yeah, I'm going with that too. In no way should it be after Avengers: Infinity War.

Unfortunately, if JJ S3 is post-snap we may just have to accept that people on MCU's Earth just 'moved on' within a few months time. Whether it be widespread denial to prevent panic or acceptance of what's done is done.

I mean, if it weren't for IW, I'd put Jessica Jones in late 2018, but unless a show explicitly references the movie, I can't view it as right in my head when viewing.

No matter how small the reference For pre-snap, I view it as more important than post-snap references.

That being said, if there is absolutely no way to fit something pre-snap, I'm not going to disagree with it.

We'll see how the evidence stacks first. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back