Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

I'm feeling pretty neutral here, unlike a lot of Marvel Cinematic Universe fans. It's just a alright movie. The MCU already has some of those.

If it were, opening would be January 2018 (email states 2018), and the main portions would be June 2018 (6 months later), effectively pushing back Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S5, Avengers: Infinity War and Ant-Man and the Wasp post credit scenes, unless it's another universe in the multiverse.

That is, if it were. We don't know what Sony are going to do.

Last edited:
I can't see the Venom film as part of the MCU; much more likely they'd bring the character over by having him cross dimensions. Maybe he can hitch a ride with Deadpool. ;)

I can't see the Venom film as part of the MCU; much more likely they'd bring the character over by having him cross dimensions. Maybe he can hitch a ride with Deadpool. ;)

I'm not a fan of that idea, personally.

If they were somehow retconned in, I'd rather Venom just be set sometime before Infinity War. (His film doesn't necessarily have to be set in 2018 based on an email that simply read "Case File 10-18".)
As for Deadpool, 1.) he's an unreliable narrator so some scenes in his movies could be apocryphal and 2.) set sometime in the future when the X-Men are already established.

More or less my wishful thinking. I just don't want MCU to do what DC live-action is doing with characters coming in from other universes constantly...

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of that idea, personally.

If they were somehow retconned in, I'd rather Venom just be set sometime before Infinity War. (His film doesn't necessarily have to be set in 2018 based on an email that simply read "Case File 10-18".)
As for Deadpool, 1.) he's an unreliable narrator so some scenes in his movies could be apocryphal and 2.) set sometime in the future when the X-Men are already established.

More or less my wishful thinking. I just don't want MCU to do what DC live-action is doing with characters coming in from other universes constantly...
Email says "2018". Another email states Case No. 10-27-, but that is irrelevant, as another email states Case No. 06-34-.

So 2018, but the case numbers are irrelevant.

Email says "2018". Another email states Case No. 10-27-, but that is irrelevant, as another email states Case No. 06-34-.

So 2018, but the case numbers are irrelevant.

Not to go off-topic, but please PM me where in the email it said "2018".

I mean, that is what comic books do. But I don't really think you need to worry; by the time they get around to it there could well be a reboot and recast for Venom and/or Spider-Man, or Venom could just show up in a spider-verse sequel...there are dozens of possibilities.

I mean, that is what comic books do. But I don't really think you need to worry; by the time they get around to it there could well be a reboot and recast for Venom and/or Spider-Man, or Venom could just show up in a spider-verse sequel...there are dozens of possibilities.
Most comics take place in one universe. Of cause, multiverse stuff happens a lot, but i like everything in one universe, as it's the tidy option. Multiverse gets messy, and Venom could easily fit in the MCU.

I mentioned this on an earlier post. Sony really wants Venom in Spider-Man 3, and Kevin has stated it's in their hands.

Not a confirmation that Venom is MCU canon yet, but it fits with what we know.

Sounds like Sony are forcing it into the MCU, which is fine, as long as it works and has purpose. You know, the opposite of Spider-Man 3. I hope Spider-Man 3 is better than Spider-Man 3.

Last edited:
That's my thoughts as well. We could also throw in Avengers: Endgame's Captain Marvel commercial, although that one was out of place.
The Captain Marvel commercial doesn't seem to be canon for a few reasons. Carol is getting debriefed on the events of Infinity War before she helps take down Thanos at the beginning of Endgame, but it seems doubtful that she stopped to get caught up by some agents before arriving at the Avengers HQ. Also, her hair in the commercial is styled like it was in Captain Marvel, not Endgame. Also, Goose is there even though we don't know if she is still around in 2018.

Latest posts

Back