Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

According to the school news report at the beginning of FFH, the snap happened over 5 years ago, when the students were halfway through the school year and had already taken their midterm exams (so sometime after late January). The resurrection of half the universe was 8 months ago.

If FFH takes place around July-August, then Endgame might take place in early 2023, possibly around January.

School hasn't quite finished for the summer yet in the film (or the trip is happening immediately as school ends?), so it can't really be much later than June, presumably meaning that everyone was unsnapped in late 2023 and it's now 2024.

School hasn't quite finished for the summer yet in the film (or the trip is happening immediately as school ends?), so it can't really be much later than June, presumably meaning that everyone was unsnapped in late 2023 and it's now 2024.
November

Avengers: Endgame

July

Spider-Man: Far From Home

since when did when something takes place become a spoiler?

In the school news report, they said the snap was over 5 years ago. If FFH was in 2024, it would be 6 years ago, not 5.

Maybe they changed the school year dates to accommodate the students who came back, and that's why the school year is ending slightly later?

If they hadn't reached the actual sixth anniversary date of the snap yet, it doesn't seem that unreasonable that they'd say "over five" rather than six.
The snap was after midterms but before the end of the school year, so anywhere between February and May 2018. Endgame is 5 years later, so anywhere between January and December 2023. It's the last day of school in FFH, shortly before the trip, which means it's summer.

The fifth anniversary of the snap would be between February and May 2023, and the sixth anniversary would be between February and May 2024.

Since it's summer during FFH, that means it can't be 2024, because then it would be after the sixth anniversary of the snap.

The snap was after midterms but before the end of the school year, so anywhere between February and May 2018. Endgame is 5 years later, so anywhere between January and December 2023. It's the last day of school in FFH, shortly before the trip, which means it's summer.

The fifth anniversary of the snap would be between February and May 2023, and the sixth anniversary would be between February and May 2024.

Since it's summer during FFH, that means it can't be 2024, because then it would be after the sixth anniversary of the snap.
I would say that "over five years ago" has to be taken loosely, because FFH has to take place no later than June, as it starts at the end of the school year. What makes the most sense to me is that Endgame is in October 2023 and FFH is in June 2024.

I would say that "over five years ago" has to be taken loosely, because FFH has to take place no later than June, as it starts at the end of the school year. What makes the most sense to me is that Endgame is in October 2023 and FFH is in June 2024.

Is it still possible for Peter to still be considered 16 years old in June 2024 if he was 15 in October 2016, the snap happened in early 2018, and everyone was brought back in late 2023?

I'm also thinking although Peter celebrates his birthday in August, his biological birthday in the year was shifted, since the Hulk's snap happened months after the 5th anniversary of Thano's snap.

Last edited:
Is it still possible for Peter to still be considered 16 years old in June 2024 if he was 15 in October 2016, the snap happened in early 2018, and everyone was brought back in late 2023?

I'm also thinking although Peter celebrates his birthday in August, his biological birthday in the year was shifted, since the Hulk's snap happened months after the 5th anniversary of Thano's snap.
I think he's likely still celebrating his birthday in August. Otherwise, since the snap happened 3 to 6 months before his birthday, he should already be considering himself 17 since 8 months have passed since Endgame.

Last edited:
I think he's likely still celebrating his birthday in August. Otherwise, since the snap happened 3 to 6 months before the snap, he should already be considering himself 17 since 8 months have passed since Endgame.
Yeah I agree. Technically he's 16 for almost two years according to his internal clock, but I think it would be less confusing for everyone if they stuck to the same birthdays as pre-snap.

Hey, I noticed in the run-up to Far From Home that "Nick Fury"'s group was implied to be some form of SHIELD, but I didn't catch any overt references to SHIELD in the movie--did anyone else?

Guys have a mistake again in Spiderman far from home. Peter says he is 16 years old, which is impossible. It was 15 years old in the Civil War in 2016 and the snap in 2018, so 17 should be the minimum.

Guys have a mistake again in Spiderman far from home. Peter says he is 16 years old, which is impossible. It was 15 years old in the Civil War in 2016 and the snap in 2018, so 17 should be the minimum.
His birthday is shown to be August 10 in the FFH trailer, and he's 15 in Homecoming, so he's 14 in Civil War.

The snap happened around spring 2018, and FFH takes place before August 10, so Peter hasn't turned 17 yet.

Hey, I noticed in the run-up to Far From Home that "Nick Fury"'s group was implied to be some form of SHIELD, but I didn't catch any overt references to SHIELD in the movie--did anyone else?

They even removed the logo from his stealth suit, so I think they're playing ball with the tv side here.

Now that almost all of the MCU shows have pretty much run their course, aside from the final two seasons of AoS and the third season of Runaways, I would imagine Kevin Feige and the Marvel Studios crew might be analyzing all of them to maintain continuity.

Just a wild guess. Feige might even have some control over the Ghost Rider and Helstrom shows.

Guys, I think you're wrong about FFH :p.

That's how I understand it. At the beginning they say: everyone bliped 8 months ago, those who survived the snap were already after mid term, but they had to start over. So after mid-term I assume it was around February.

- Hulk's snap Feb 2023
- FFH Sept 2023, maybe late August

Why September? It's more or less 8 months, still Summer (fits when May say that her romance with Happy was just a "Summer event").
About Peter's age: he came back on February, so he actually didn't age and technically is still 16.

Latest posts

Back