Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

Cosmic Book News isn't the first or last source to note the apparent (and increasingly silly) gulf between Marvel TV and Marvel Studios, but I seriously doubt they have any actual insider information. Looking back through their archives, I see they spent a good portion of this year inexplicably ranting about Captain Marvel.

I can't see Marvel Studios chomping at the bit to reboot the Netflix shows--if they had plans for them, they never would have gone to TV to begin with. Plus with Blade, X-Men, Fantastic Four, and all those sequels to the new and established franchises, there's really a limited number of film/Disney Plus slots to work with. It doesn't look like the TV side is being embraced as part of the larger MCU at this point, but I doubt that they're going to come out and say "This was never a part of our world, here's the REAL Daredevil".

TC

Last edited:
There are a lot of characters based and well built: Punisher, Daredevil, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones and ..... It's enough to keep the actors and what happened to them on Netflix and that's it. I think so with the Ghost Rider series on Hulu. He'll have Darkhold and live alone, but in the meantime, all of SHIELD's series of things have happened. It's enough to move Kingpin and Daredevil from the Daredevil series to Spiderman 3. These characters are built in and why would Marvel Studios be so stupid as to start over when they've got the basics?

I could do the same with the Inhumans. Okay, so the series didn't go well, but the actors didn't have a problem and the series ended up being anything and even years later, even if they were on the moon could explain that many years ago how they got there. You don't have to reboot them either. It would only help them if they were put in another series, so they don't have to have their own series again, just have a crossover with one of the series (Shield). Season 1 of the Iron Fist series is also said to be bad, but Defenders and Season 2 have come and we're considered to be a very good character.

Last edited:
The age of crossovers begins. The Ghost Rider, who currently has the Darkhold, comes to Hulu. Season 3 of Runaways will feature Morgan le Fay, who wrote some spells in the book a few hundred years ago. What starts here? Something great, especially if they save the Defenders on Hulu.

Yesssssssssss! I'm excited to see the two casts interact. Also, Runaways has, of all the MCU shows, been the one least connected to the movies and other shows, so it means a lot that the first direct crossover will happen during it's run.

Now if they can just write the Blip into the shows, everything will be fine.

Also, Runaways has, of all the MCU shows, been the one least connected to the movies and other shows, so it means a lot that the first direct crossover will happen during it's run.
Jessica Jones S1, Daredevil S2, Luke Cage S1, Iron Fist S1, The Defenders LS, The Punisher S1, Jessica Jones S2, Luke Cage S2, Iron Fist S2, Daredevil S3, The Punisher S2 and Jessica Jones S3?

I mean, technically yes, but the Netflix shows were conceived of with a crossover among themselves in mind from the get go.

TC

I don't think Morgan le Fay was actually mentioned in Agents of SHIELD, was she? It remains to be see if her connection to the Darkhold will be utilized in the MCU.

If we're still looking for "evidence" to dismiss Cosmic Book News's claims about the Netflix shows becoming non-canon in the near future, I wouldn't bother. The site recently ran a story whose headline was "Brie Larson Spotted Making Out with White Guy". :rolleyes: Site's not legit; I wouldn't give it the traffic at this point.

TC

I should also point out that the actress of Arrow's Dinah Drake was also in Constantine as a completely different character.

So once again, if an actor plays two roles in the same world, it doesn't matter.
Different shared universe from a different company, but still.

I should also point out that the actress of Arrow's Dinah Drake was also in Constantine as a completely different character.

So once again, if an actor plays two roles in the same world, it doesn't matter.
Different shared universe from a different company, but still.

Remember that time Kevin Smith kept reusing actors and then wrote a movie where one actor played two characters and then another actor played both himself and another character?

You'd think this wouldn't be a new concept to nerds lol

Looks like we're in the past. 1940s maybe.

Notice that the reason they took that chunk of the Time Monolith was to time travel.

What now? Is the final season gonna be like S.H.I.E.L.D.: Legends Agents of Tomorrow? :p

Well with that ending, I'm hoping season 7 will dual serve as season 3 of Agent Carter in some fashion, and it'd be nice to see Peggy again as a "main character" if that were an option. Fingers crossed we didn't jump to before Agent Carter or even before Captain America.

Although with the new DeLorean style Zephyr, it really dumps all over Endgame's 5 year conundrum since they struggle with time travel and claim it ludicrous, solve it while randomly trying an equation, all while there was already a time machine elsewhere the whole time. I'm indifferent to it, but I imagine that might not go well with other viewers.

They probably jumped to early 1931. We can see that Empire State Building is almost finished, it was finished actually on April 11 1931. I really hope for more travels through entaire MCU timiline :D.

Updated with AoS 6x12-6x13.

I placed the final scene in 1930 since the Empire State Building is under construction.

Construction seems to be finished until the last ~30 floors, so I placed it around fall 1930 according to this construction timeline.

I think it might actually be

in 1945. There was an airplane that crashed into the top of the building due to thick fog (similar to the fog Simmons mentions, I guess). It would also place it around the same time as the Agent Carter series, instead of before.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1945_Empire_State_Building_B-25_crash

Edit: Nevermind, just read an interview where they talk about it being
the 1930's

I think it might actually be

in 1945. There was an airplane that crashed into the top of the building due to thick fog (similar to the fog Simmons mentions, I guess). It would also place it around the same time as the Agent Carter series, instead of before.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1945_Empire_State_Building_B-25_crash
It still looks more like it's under initial constructions to me. I'll move it whenever anyone or anything from the show says otherwise.

Since there are more and more alternate timelines appearing in the MCU, the "MCU Timeline Reasoning" Document seems a bit too messy with all the items just having the alternate timeline name next to it. I suggest that maybe the document should have a new column which states which alternate universe the item is actually in, while the main MCU timeline should just have a blank or all have "MCU" filled in.

For timelines that doesn't have an official name yet, we can just write the initial appearance the alternate timeline is in (a show or a movie), and if multiple timelines are introduced, then we can write a number according to the sequence of appearance.
For example:
"Avengers Endgame 1" (2012)
"Avengers Endgame 2" (2013)
"Avengers Endgame 3" (2014)
"Avengers Endgame 4" (1970)
"Avengers Endgame 5" (1948)

The placeholder name can be changed once an agreed name is established (Like "Loki" replacing "Avengers Endgame 1").

I don't wanna sound demanding, so I'll just say this is just suggestion, whether to implement this is for you guys to choose.

Latest posts

Back