Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

I see what you mean, so this timeline will follow the "It's canon if it doesn't contradict the MCU"?
And IF Venom is crossed over with Spider Holland, so the entire SUMC is canon to the MCU?

"I'm feeling about Spider-Man gratitude and joy," Feige told EW. "We got to make five films within the MCU with Spider-Man: two standalone films and three with the Avengers. It was a dream that I never thought would happen. It was never meant to last forever. We knew there was a finite amount of time that we'd be able to do this, and we told the story we wanted to tell, and I'll always be thankful for that."

What Kevin Feige said, it's like it's over for Spider-Man in the MCU?
"We got to make five films within the MCU with Spider-Man"
He's referring to Marvel Studios and Sony, not just Sony. Even then, in a way it is over. He won't crossover again. We'll still have MCU Spider-Man, and after Far From Home, it makes sense that he'd be laying low.

All I see is Feige being happy he got to play with Spider-Man and Tom Holland talking about how amazing the next films will be.

I see what you mean, so this timeline will follow the "It's canon if it doesn't contradict the MCU"?
And IF Venom is crossed over with Spider Holland, so the entire SUMC is canon to the MCU?
Yeah, it's likely.

Edit: If that's the case, I'd recommend having Venom October 18 2017 - April 2018 and calling that email both an in-universe and behind-the-scenes mistake. I've made silly mistakes like that all the time.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's likely.

Edit: If that's the case, I'd recommend having Venom October 18 2017 - April 2018 and calling that email both an in-universe and behind-the-scenes mistake. I've made silly mistakes like that all the time.

Robert Jack Fish (aka "Bobby Fish"). A lot of respect for this man.

ddeu5yt-e56613a2-87c2-4321-8d42-dbd92ba98b6f.png

Robert Jack Fish (aka "Bobby Fish"). A lot of respect for this man.

ddeu5yt-e56613a2-87c2-4321-8d42-dbd92ba98b6f.png
I didn't think of that! Incredible guy, he is.

Could just be different characters if continuity becomes a problem. I guess the sequel will give us more accurate dates (eg. I've been with Venom for one year! etc.). I think if they decide to have prop dates with inaccurate post snap dates we'll just have to go all Star Wars BBL/ABL (before/after Battle of London) on it and find the years in relation to Spider-Man: Far From Home sequel crossovers. For now October - April is my guess.

Last edited:
Let's wait until Spidey 3 releases before adding Venom to the timeline. I have no faith in Sony not screwing up the timeline/canonicity of a new movie if they don't have Feige at the helm.

Let's wait until Spidey 3 releases before adding Venom to the timeline. I have no faith in Sony not screwing up the timeline/canonicity of a new movie if they don't have Feige at the helm.
I agree, of cause. screwing the timeline is fine, we can work with that as we have done many times, screwing the continuity depends on the severity of the problem.

I think that because it will only reference Spider-Man films it can't really screw the continuity too bad. Only problem would be saying it's 2022 for example. Thats not too bad, though, as I said, do it Star Wars style (except with actual years). If it's set 3 years after Far From Home yet says 2022, no matter how many times it does it's 2025.

The important thing is it's a sequel to Far From Home and that's a sequel to Avengers: Endgame, so it's already connected by association.

Notes on possible MCU ties:
Tiffany Espensen played Cindy Moon in Spider-Man: Homecoming, I wonder if they'll keep or recast her for the Silk movie in Sony's Universe of Marvel Characters. Be a nice continuity tie.

Vincent D'Onofrio could reprise his role as Kingpin, although I don't think he could talk about the events from Daredevil if I understand the rules correctly.

Last edited:
I'm not sure they could use Kingpin? If he was in the first season of DD which was before Civil War and the Spidey deal, I think it's safe to assume Disney own his rights.

I hope they don't cross SM with Venom for the sake of the timeline. Between having to add the SCU and the existing additional timelines, this will end up being a diagram rather than list!

I'm not sure they could use Kingpin? If he was in the first season of DD which was before Civil War and the Spidey deal, I think it's safe to assume Disney own his rights.
He's a Spider-Man and Daredevil character, similar to the Skrulls, which could be used in Fox films and Marvel Studios films. I used Vincent D'Onofrio as an example because he played Kingpin in the MCU. I don't think they will, but they could. He was in Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse after all.

I hope they don't cross SM with Venom for the sake of the timeline. Between having to add the SCU and the existing additional timelines, this will end up being a diagram rather than list!
We're not considering it a separate timeline yet. If it's not contradicted, it's safe and sound as an Earth-199999 film.

Think of it like this. Earth-199999 has 4 Spider-Man films. The first two are Marvel Cinematic Universe, the last two are Sony's Universe of Marvel Characters. Both inhabit the same world, they're just completely different storylines.

True, we don't know if it will crossover with Venom, but let's be honest: Sony have been looking forward to this (disCount Dooku). Venom stays seperate for now.

Last edited:
He's a Spider-Man and Daredevil character, similar to the Skrulls, which could be used in Fox films and Marvel Studios films. I used Vincent D'Onofrio as an example because he played Kingpin in the MCU. I don't think they will, but they could. He was in Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse after all.

Very true

We're not considering it a separate timeline yet. If it's not contradicted, it's safe and sound as an Earth-199999 film.

Think of it like this. Earth-199999 has 4 Spider-Man films. The first two are Marvel Cinematic Universe, the last two are Sony's Universe of Marvel Characters. Both inhabit the same world, they're just completely different storylines.

True, we don't know if it will crossover with Venom, but let's be honest: Sony have been looking forward to this (disCount Dooku). Venom stays seperate for now

Also true, but as it goes on, it may (probably will) start to contradict what is going on with the MCU. The next time there is a world ending event in either universe or two things happen at once, it will break continuity. We can only wait and see!

I am also interested in how the 3 new shows fit in with the phases, we know the release of BP 2 now, assuming this is still Phase 5 and the new shows are Phase 4, will there be a crossover? Will they shuffle shows to the next phase? Exciting times!

Also true, but as it goes on, it may (probably will) start to contradict what is going on with the MCU. The next time there is a world ending event in either universe or two things happen at once, it will break continuity. We can only wait and see!
Quake didn't show up in Avengers: Endgame who is arguably more powerful than Spider-Man. I don't see a world ending event happening for Spider-Man characters. Maybe a symbiote invasion, but Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. has had 3 world ending events and it didn't break continuity then.

The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2 and Thor happen at once. The Defenders and the first two The Punisher episodes happen at once. Not a big deal.

If a world ending event happens, it will be a continuity error regardless of if it's in the MCU because all of the MCU happens up until Spider-Man: Far From Home. Even if only the first two Spider-Man films are canon, War Machine, Ant-Man, Black Panther, Black Widow, Falcon, Winter Soldier, Scarlet Witch, Vision, Thor and Captain Marvel exist and are alive as far as we know, unless an offscreen purge of the Superheroes occurs, in which case, why can't we see that movie instead?!

They could say that Spider-Man 3 is an alternative reality where Spider-Man: Homecoming and Spider-Man: Far From Home happen very differently, but it's not Spider-Man 3 then, is it?

Last edited:
A question to throw out as I'm interested in making a basic viewing order graphic (Similar to the one's Marvel make with their phase announcements). Would you place Doctor Strange on the timeline when the film begins or when he encounters Kaecilius?
Some of the shows would be placed on with an arrow to indicate they spread over time and during the time other films/ shows happen. DS is the only film that also does this to such an extreme. I could place it on when it starts and add an arrow to the time in which it ends, or like with all other films just place it in.

Thoughts? Place when it starts in 2016? Place during 2017 and disregard training time? Or place with an arrow to indicate a time lapse?

A question to throw out as I'm interested in making a basic viewing order graphic (Similar to the one's Marvel make with their phase announcements). Would you place Doctor Strange on the timeline when the film begins or when he encounters Kaecilius?
Some of the shows would be placed on with an arrow to indicate they spread over time and during the time other films/ shows happen. DS is the only film that also does this to such an extreme. I could place it on when it starts and add an arrow to the time in which it ends, or like with all other films just place it in.

Thoughts? Place when it starts in 2016? Place during 2017 and disregard training time? Or place with an arrow to indicate a time lapse?
Maybe do it like the recent Star Wars D23 timeline?

Maybe do it like the recent Star Wars D23 timeline?
View attachment 116

Not a bad shout, that can work. Was going to do the films in large on the outside and the shows slightly smaller closer to the timeline. Will be a long image so will be one to scroll across. I'll keep it simple like that one as it's for a basic viewing order without breakdowns

My second thought is to make the timeline bar thick and hollow, place the movies inside of it and the shows and one shots outside as normal. Would make the movie order very simple as they are side by side and gives the shows more room.

Do we know if all the existing shows will migrate to D+ or stay as they are? The reason I ask is I'm in the UK and Agent Carter, AoS, Runaways and Cloak and Dagger are all on the same service here as they have the streaming rights. I wonder if they will look at moving some to D+ over here to get more subscribers but I'm sure that would cause them a headache to. We don't get Hulu or Freeform here. I know Loeb said he would create stuff for D+ to so I imagine their goal is to lock everything down in one place at some point in time.

My second thought is to make the timeline bar thick and hollow, place the movies inside of it and the shows and one shots outside as normal. Would make the movie order very simple as they are side by side and gives the shows more room.

Do we know if all the existing shows will migrate to D+ or stay as they are? The reason I ask is I'm in the UK and Agent Carter, AoS, Runaways and Cloak and Dagger are all on the same service here as they have the streaming rights. I wonder if they will look at moving some to D+ over here to get more subscribers but I'm sure that would cause them a headache to. We don't get Hulu or Freeform here. I know Loeb said he would create stuff for D+ to so I imagine their goal is to lock everything down in one place at some point in time.
Agent Carter will be on Disney+. Cloak & Dagger may be too dark for Disney+.

Agent Carter will be on Disney+. Cloak & Dagger may be too dark for Disney+.

It's a shame they couldn't bundle it with Hulu, so that when you enter you can pick Disney and get the family friendly stuff or select Hulu (or something similar) and get the darker stuff like DD, JJ, Ghost Rider and the Fox films and shows they now own which would be R rated. I'd happily buy them all on Blu Ray to have them in one place but the Netflix stuff stopped at IF season 1 and I have no idea if Hulu/ FF tend to release theirs for people to own.

"It's really exciting, the ideas we have for how we can expand the Spider-Man world and bring new characters into it, and crossover with other people, it's really exciting," Holland said at Keystone Comic Con in Philadelphia. "And it's only going to get bigger and better from here, which is great."
Wether it's canon or not, a crossover is going to happen.

Last edited:
Well lets hope they have learnt from Disney and do it justice. With Venom 2 being done by Andy Serkis, there is a chance it will be better than the first, because it needs to be as it quite frankly sucked. Tom Holland seems like a smart guy, but not the type to talk away from a role if it starts to fall apart, fingers crossed it all works out!

Latest posts

Back