Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

The Endgame script says the final scene occurs in 1949.

https://disneystudiosawards.s3.amazonaws.com/avengers-endgame/Avengers_Endgame.pdf

Although, Markus and McFeely say that he went back to 1948.

https://www.fandango.com/movie-news...-biggest-moments-in-the-movie-spoilers-753736

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/0...ain-americas-steve-rogers-in-mcu-time-travel/

React Like if I should keep the ending of Endgame in 1948.

React Love if I should move it to 1949.

(Alternatively, maybe the scene happens a year after he returns?)

The Endgame script says the final scene occurs in 1949.

https://disneystudiosawards.s3.amazonaws.com/avengers-endgame/Avengers_Endgame.pdf

Although, Markus and McFeely say that he went back to 1948.

https://www.fandango.com/movie-news...-biggest-moments-in-the-movie-spoilers-753736

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/0...ain-americas-steve-rogers-in-mcu-time-travel/

React Like if I should keep the ending of Endgame in 1948.

React Love if I should move it to 1949.

(Alternatively, maybe the scene happens a year after he returns?)
I would say to stick with the writers' comments. Not everything in the script is necessarily canon, since it didn't all make it to the screen. For example, the script also says Jane was killed in the snap despite her being alive in The Cosmic Quest Volume 2.

Runaways season 3 seems to take place immediately after season 2.

Edit: At the end of episode 5, there's a timejump of
6 months, 22 days and 4 hours.

Edit 2: I just finished the season. The last episode is amazing.
It jumps to June 14th, 2028 and then jumps to 2022. It then jumps back to the first episode of season 1, followed by another jump back to the end of episode 9.

I would say the second half of season 3 (eps 6-10) take place in the summer of 2019, considering
they mention having missed prom and graduation (it was some end of schoolyear stuff, can't remember specifics), as well as mentioning the end of episode 9 as being 3 years ago to the day in 2022, where we can see a calender for Summer 2022

I loved how the season ended, but it's such a huge bummer this is another case of Marvel Studios and TV not working together with
different timetravel rules and 2022 not exactly looking like a post snap world. It also seemed to me they were hinting Nico trained with Dr. Strange, which of course is impossible since he was snapped.
Luckily, they can be relatively easily explained away, but it's undoubtedly ammunition for the "Marvel TV isn't canon" crowd.

Last edited:
Slyonic and
- Ultron reference?
- Darkhold? (Hints Ghostrider?)
- Just Cloak and Dagger cameo?

Ugh, it's all disconnected now. I guess if we go by Endgame time travel rules, Runaways has been in an alternate timeline since they got a message from the future back in Season 1. So the Snap probably never happened during that timeline, which is why we don't see its effects during most of the time jumps seen here in Season 3.

The last, best thing they could do for us Marvel TV fans would be to acknowledge on screen that the 21st century TV shows take place in alternate timelines where the Snap never happened, thanks to the various time travel events. It at least makes sense in-universe and would allow for some kind of connection back to the MCU. But that would mean actually acknowledging the non-Agent Carter TV shows AND using their own time travel rules consistently, neither of which are things they seem to care to do. What a mess.

I can't wait for the last season of Agents of SHIELD to finally come out so we can close this chapter of the MCU. It sounds like the continuity will be much tighter with the movies and Disney + series going forward, but it's a huge letdown to have invested so much time in some really great shows with some really great, well cast characters, only to have them flop, fail, and vanish into obscurity because of corporate infighting. They all deserved better than this.

The rules for timeline changes may be different when it's not a person that makes the jump, but just a message. So I wouldn't discount the series yet.

Along with the
time jump being post-snap, the 3 years before 2022 also contradicts the fact that all other evidence places the show in 2017-2018. l

The rules for timeline changes may be different when it's not a person that makes the jump, but just a message. So I wouldn't discount the series yet.

I don't see it as discounting the series; on the contrary I think a branching timeline is this series best chance to exist somewhere in the context of the greater MCU.

I'm done updating with Runaways S3.

At the opening of 3x03, a flashback of Amy's funeral says it's two years ago, which works with the present day being January or February 2018.

I placed 3x10's time travel scene in December 7, 2017, due to them traveling to the day before they first met.

As for the "July 25, 2019" and summer 2022 dates in 3x07 and 3x10, I decided to ignore those because there is more evidence for season 1 being late 2017 and seasons 2 and 3 being shortly after. They probably just went with 2019 because that's when it was filmed, and added three years for 2022. I placed them in August 2018 and 2022.

I'm done updating with Runaways S3.

At the opening of 3x03, a flashback of Amy's funeral says it's two years ago, which works with the present day being January or February 2018.

I placed 3x10's time travel scene in December 7, 2017, due to them traveling to the day before they first met.

As for the "July 25, 2019" and summer 2022 dates in 3x07 and 3x10, I decided to ignore those because there is more evidence for season 1 being late 2017 and seasons 2 and 3 being shortly after. They probably just went with 2019 because that's when it was filmed, and added three years for 2022. I placed them in August 2018 and 2022.
Shows do this all the time. Events take place over a short period of time, but they still act like it's the year the current season was either filmed or aired rather than when it should be. Most audiences don't notice or care so they're able to do it.

Lebnyx, I noticed that in the simplified viewing order the Far from Home travel journal has ** at the end of it. It takes place concurrently/after the movie.

Also, Ghost Rider is canceled, so that can be removed as well.

More post snap errors, agh. At least it's heavily connected to the Marvel Cinematic Universe other than that.

-Cloak & Dagger
-Darkhold
-Visual references to Doctor Strange
-Kamar-Taj training?

Last edited:
The only way I could see it working is if the Runaways were in a timeline branch with no snap/blip.

The only way I could see it working is if the Runaways were in a timeline branch with no snap/blip.
That's what I'm currently going with. Same with A.o.S. Season 6. Although, I hope Season 7 will at least explain how they missed the snap.

If it were an alternate timeline, I'm sure it would be clear within the show. I'd rather it be in the same universe regardless of the lack of decimation reference.

Latest posts

Back