Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

Those got acknowledged too, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. by Avengers: Endgame, through Agent Carter, and WHiH Newsfront while Netflix through Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., but I get your point.

Theres that the Sony films make more meaningful connections though.
I guess for me, the films need to make a reference about each show. I get what you mean about Agent Carter, but even so, I'd rather literally ANYONE comment that Coulson is alive or whatever instead of drawing a connection myself. Because if we have to go through something else to suggest something is canon, then simply Holland's Spidey being referenced in a Sony film makes them canon too.

I guess for me, the films need to make a reference about each show. I get what you mean about Agent Carter, but even so, I'd rather literally ANYONE comment that Coulson is alive or whatever instead of drawing a connection myself. Because if we have to go through something else to suggest something is canon, then simply Holland's Spidey being referenced in a Sony film makes them canon too.
Well, Promotional material in the form of WHiH Newsfront which features film characters referenced the ATCU from Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D..

Quick refresher needed as I'm rewatching Daredevil S3; According to the timeline it takes place almost a year after Defenders, and before Iron Fist S2. Can someone explain to me why that was decided?

Quick refresher needed as I'm rewatching Daredevil S3; According to the timeline it takes place almost a year after Defenders, and before Iron Fist S2. Can someone explain to me why that was decided?
Iron Fist S2 has a January 2018 date, Daredevil has a year long time jump about 30 minutes in so that it lines up with dialogue and is after Luke Cage S2 which it has to be.

Iron Fist S2 has a January 2018 date, Daredevil has a year long time jump about 30 minutes in so that it lines up with dialogue and is after Luke Cage S2 which it has to be.

Hmm, guess I missed that time jump, can't imagine him being in the orphanage so long. Thanks for the doc.

Hmm, guess I missed that time jump, can't imagine him being in the orphanage so long. Thanks for the doc.
Yeah, I originally placed Daredevil S3 in early 2017, but moved it later due to the Luke Cage S2 line. I'm not sure if I can place it earlier than late 2017 unless I change the placements for the other Netflix seasons as well.

If it works for you, a set visit confirmed that while the season begins right after The Defenders there is a important time jump, and Thanks God it is not specified. Plus, Luke Cage S2 and Daredevil S3 take place after Jessica Jones S2 which is confirmed to be from 6 to 12 months after The Defenders

If it works for you, a set visit confirmed that while the season begins right after The Defenders there is a important time jump, and Thanks God it is not specified. Plus, Luke Cage S2 and Daredevil S3 take place after Jessica Jones S2 which is confirmed to be from 6 to 12 months after The Defenders

Oh, I know there's a timejump between when he wakes up for the first time and wakes up the second time. It's just that it definitely doesn't seem like a year, and the timecode where it's broken up in the google doc is such an awkward spot. Kudo's though to who creatively put a timejump there to have it fit within the timeline, because it also definitely takes place after LC and JJ S2. The writers just didn't take in account the other shows, so I can accept the placement you guys decided.

Oh, I know there's a timejump between when he wakes up for the first time and wakes up the second time. It's just that it definitely doesn't seem like a year, and the timecode where it's broken up in the google doc is such an awkward spot. Kudo's though to who creatively put a timejump there to have it fit within the timeline, because it also definitely takes place after LC and JJ S2. The writers just didn't take in account the other shows, so I can accept the placement you guys decided.
Nono, it is a big time jump until the main events of the season. There has to be multiple time jumps in the season. It has to be more than one year (well that is how we have it in the wikia).

Man, I didn't mind Morbius being part of the MCU, but with oversights like this.... Come on...

First picture is from Morbius.

Man, I didn't mind Morbius being part of the MCU, but with oversights like this.... Come on...

First picture is from Morbius.

I prefer the real Bugle (newspaper) anyway, haha.

Last edited:
Huh. Is it possible that Morbius and Venom are in the 2002 Spider-Man universe after all? Michael Keaton could certainly be the Vulture in both universes if J. Jonah Jameson is J.K. Simmons in both universes.

EDIT forgot for like half a second that Brock and Venom were both in Spider-Man 3. Guess I still haven't come to terms with that movie.

I'm considering the SUMC movies to be their own universe anyway. Especially since Feige said that "Spider-Man will cross cinematic universes". I'm curious how they're going to handle the timeline. I wouldn't put it pass Sony to have the film set in 2020 ignoring both Endgame and Far From Home. If Sony's going to try and piggyback off the MCU, the least they could do is make sure it makes sense.

I'm considering the SUMC movies to be their own universe anyway. Especially since Feige said that "Spider-Man will cross cinematic universes". I'm curious how they're going to handle the timeline. I wouldn't put it pass Sony to have the film set in 2020 ignoring both Endgame and Far From Home. If Sony's going to try and piggyback off the MCU, the least they could do is make sure it makes sense.
That's just special wording to separate the franchises, not necessarily an indication that they're separate. That's how I interpreted that.

That's just special wording to separate the franchises, not necessarily an indication that they're separate. That's how I interpreted that.

He wouldn't have used that wording if he was talking about Spider-Man appearing in another MCU movie i.e. Spidey in Infinity War.

He wouldn't have used that wording if he was talking about Spider-Man appearing in another MCU movie i.e. Spidey in Infinity War.
Spider-Man and the Avengers are the same "Marvel Cinematic Universe" franchise, just like Netflix separating that from the "Marvel Collection" franchise and Disney+ separating all the tv shows from the movie series franchise.

Spider-Man and the Avengers are the same "Marvel Cinematic Universe" franchise, just like Netflix separating that from the "Marvel Collection" franchise and Disney+ separating all the tv shows from the movie series franchise.

I disagree, the MCU is different franchises taking place in one shared universe.

I disagree, the MCU is different franchises taking place in one shared universe.
You can't just watch Spider-Man: Far From Home and not watch the other films. This is a mega franchise of interconnected films within the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

You can't just watch The Defenders and not watch the other shows. This is a maga franchise of interconnected tv shows within the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

You can't just watch (future Sony's Universe of Marvel Characters film**) and not watch the other films. This is a maga franchise of interconnected tv shows within the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Latest posts

Back