Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

That's fair. Regardless, I think the AOS time travel this season should not be treated as separate timelines.
I very much liked your take on time travel, but I think we are missing a point here. What I think is that every time machine existing in the MCU does not have to work on the same principles. It's like ovens, some oven uses infrared radiation, some uses microwaves, but in the end, they achieve the same goal, they heat up food. If we apply this to time machines, it's the same, they may work with different mechanisms, but in the end, they achieve the same goal, to travel through time. I mean if we take the dialogue from S7E2 of agents of shield:
"The target is Wilfred Malick. If we succeed, there will not be any S.H.I.E.L.D. in the future, and those who have followed us here... will be out of time" has already contradicted Endgame's time travel mechanism, since hulk said that changing the past doesn't change one's future, while the chronicoms believe it will.
I guess it really just boils down to how this season of agents of shield progresses, and as to what really happens when something in the past does change in a significant manner (whether it dismisses what the spoiler said since a dialogue doesn't determine what really happens), and if it actually follows Endgame's time travel principles, then maybe, just maybe, we can link the two types of time travelling together.
But for now, there really isn't a definite way to determine how their time travelling actually works and whether they are or aren't in an alternate timeline since Deke doesn't really explain what happens to the time travellers when their timeline is branched off.

Like one of the Chronicoms said a couple episodes back: "Time. You will never comprehend its true nature."

Bruce Banner's hypothesis for time travel might have worked for the Quantum Realm physics. But there are other, more-alien methods like the Abstract of the Gibborim or the Monoliths (maybe even the Time Variance Authority's techniques in Disney+'s Loki) that extend to affecting time directly. We as humans can only comprehend so much compared to other far more advanced life; who can accomplish feats like reviving the dead or, yes, time travel through direct means.

Last edited:
I very much liked your take on time travel, but I think we are missing a point here. What I think is that every time machine existing in the MCU does not have to work on the same principles. It's like ovens, some oven uses infrared radiation, some uses microwaves, but in the end, they achieve the same goal, they heat up food. If we apply this to time machines, it's the same, they may work with different mechanisms, but in the end, they achieve the same goal, to travel through time. I mean if we take the dialogue from S7E2 of agents of shield:
"The target is Wilfred Malick. If we succeed, there will not be any S.H.I.E.L.D. in the future, and those who have followed us here... will be out of time" has already contradicted Endgame's time travel mechanism, since hulk said that changing the past doesn't change one's future, while the chronicoms believe it will.
I guess it really just boils down to how this season of agents of shield progresses, and as to what really happens when something in the past does change in a significant manner (whether it dismisses what the spoiler said since a dialogue doesn't determine what really happens), and if it actually follows Endgame's time travel principles, then maybe, just maybe, we can link the two types of time travelling together.
But for now, there really isn't a definite way to determine how their time travelling actually works and whether they are or aren't in an alternate timeline since Deke doesn't really explain what happens to the time travellers when their timeline is branched off.

We need to remember that Daisy is nowhere near the intelligence of Banner and pales in comparison in terms of knowledge of science and time travel. For all we know, Daisy's understanding of time travel is just based on films like Back to the Future.

Not that it has any relevance to the MCU, but can I ask why it's not canon? It has a Marvel trademark at the end, seems to me it's similar to the Stark Expo promos.

Not that it has any relevance to the MCU, but can I ask why it's not canon? It has a Marvel trademark at the end, seems to me it's similar to the Stark Expo promos.
I would say DIrishB would have included it, since he even included the Jessica Jones S2 voicemail. Pahaps it should be for his sake, possibly along with the Iron Fist S2 teasers (which I argue fit more, specifically Memories)?

If they're contradicted by a movie or tv show, they should definitely be excluded like the Thanksgiving Runaways short though.

I think they could be for the sake of completion. If you want, you could leave a note denouncing their content as non or less canon.

I would say DIrishB would have included it, since he even included the Jessica Jones S2 voicemail. Pahaps it should be for his sake, possibly along with the Iron Fist S2 teasers (which I argue fit more, specifically Memories)?

If they're contradicted by a movie or tv show, they should definitely be excluded like the Thanksgiving Runaways short though.

I think they could be for the sake of completion. If you want, you could leave a note denouncing their content as non or less canon.

Yeah, I wouldn't put it in a chronological watch, but as a MCU fan, I'd like to know it exists.
Same as the teaser you mentioned, Memories should definitely be on there. The date announcement is a little harder, since it doesn't really feel like a scene itself.

Why is Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. 5x13: "Principia" placed where it is when the previous episode is set on the 6th and the first episode of Runaways is on the 8th? Wouldn't it make more sense to put it sometime later in December than smashed there?

The wiki claims that this monitor has a 12/19/17 date on it but I can't decipher any of it:

Last edited:
Why is Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. 5x13: "Principia" placed where it is when the previous episode is set on the 6th and the first episode of Runaways is on the 8th? Wouldn't it make more sense to put it sometime later in December than smashed there?

The wiki claims that this monitor has a 12/19/17 date on it but I can't decipher any of it:

Because I wasn't sure about breaking the AoS 5x01-5x13 and Runaways 1x01-1x10 sequences. I thought about placing it somewhere between Runaways 1x05 and 1x06, but it also felt kind of weird to just have one episode of AoS between Runaways 1x01-1x05 and 1x06-1x10 without a concrete placement.

I'll see if a higher resolution image of that date is available to change the placement.

These flashbacks should be in 1999, since they're 15 years ago from 2014.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. 1x21: "Ragtag" (0:00:00 - 0:02:31)
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. 1x21: "Ragtag" (0:08:40 - 0:10:29)
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. 1x21: "Ragtag" (0:16:45 - 0:17:06)
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. 1x21: "Ragtag" (0:24:30 - 0:26:09)

Updated with AoS 7x04.

These flashbacks should be in 1999, since they're 15 years ago from 2014.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. 1x21: "Ragtag" (0:00:00 - 0:02:31)
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. 1x21: "Ragtag" (0:08:40 - 0:10:29)
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. 1x21: "Ragtag" (0:16:45 - 0:17:06)
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. 1x21: "Ragtag" (0:24:30 - 0:26:09)
Edited.

Since the timeline is taking too long to load the first page of this thread (for me at least), I'm thinking of hiding different sections of the timeline behind spoiler tags to make loading times quicker.
This issue has been fixed.
The running theory, from certain redditors, since Whedon confirmed they would 'bump' into something in the MCU, is that Season 5-7 take place in the 2014 alternate timeline that Thanos left behind to try and defeat the avengers in 2023. Which helps explain the lack of Thanos and lack of the snap in those seasons.
Wouldn't Ego have killed everyone on that timeline?

This issue has been fixed.

Wouldn't Ego have killed everyone on that timeline?
Without the Battle of Xandar, Star-Lord's manipulation of the Power Stone would never be known, and therefore Ego never found him. However, that is speculation, and since there are five different timelines (1949, 1970, 2012, 2013 and 2014) I would treat them as different universes from now on, with too much uncertainty...

Latest posts

Back