Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

I love this season of AoS.

Last episode definitely did some things to the timeline, though.

Updated with AoS 7x05. I'm placing it as Alternate 1931 Timeline for now, due to the changes caused by the time travel.

Last edited:
I think it should be Alternate 1970 timeline, since Alternate 1931 hasn't branched from the main timeline yet (safe for the Agents being there).
I placed it as 1931 because the later events are presumably taking place on the same timeline branch as the 1931 events, regardless of whether any changes took place in 1931.

I placed it as 1931 because the later events are presumably taking place on the same timeline branch as the 1931 events, regardless of whether any changes took place in 1931.
Ah, I see. Just like Loki presumably starts on the Alternate 2012 timeline.

We might have to change it later, though. It seemed like they might be going for a "This always happened" reasoning in 1955 regarding Sousa's death (going by Sousa commenting on it).

Ah, I see. Just like Loki presumably starts on the Alternate 2012 timeline.

We might have to change it later, though. It seemed like they might be going for a "This always happened" reasoning in 1955 regarding Sousa's death (going by Sousa commenting on it).
Exactly. If that turns out to be the case, I'll change it.

I am sure 1931-1955 events happened the same in the MCU timeline. Create ripples, you end up in a time loop paradox (just like Season 5 of AoS where they tried to change everything, but they solve the thread which was the sreum and the timeline splits). In this case, the agents were always involved in the creation of Red Skull, the Koenig being part of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Enoch being Gemini.

Sousa never died. The shots are the same, and Sousa alludes to it in episode 5. This "time loop paradox" thing is also in Runaways S3 E10, as in 2018 of the MCU Gert Yorkes recognizes Stein's attire as Pirates of Penance, something that never happened before in the other realities seen in the series. In the MCU the Runaways from other reality always traveled to 2017 and Gert Yorkes never died. episode 9 is set mostly in the two realities we saw 2028 and 2021.

The new reality "Malick's Project Insight" was created by a divergence in 1955, when Luke decided to stay. The 1931 events, and 1955 events always happened the same in the MCU storyline.

Not sure if it's of any help, but Prop Store is having another Marvel Netflix auction again. https://marvel.propstoreauction.com/m/view-auctions/catalog/id/257/
I like looking through those for all the little details and I made a list of the timeline indications I could find.

Lot #8:

• Wilson Fisk's Promise to City: Weekday edition, speech from Daredevil 1x08 was yesterday, rules out Saturday.
  • Daredevil (Bullseye) attacks local church: weekday edition, I think this newspaper appears in Daredevil 3x11, since the events happen in 3x10. Rules out Saturday and Sunday.
Lot #16:

• Harlem Terror: Weekday edition, battle was yesterday. Rules out Saturday.
Lot #23:

• Iron Fist season 1 Joy's ID Badge: Valid thru 05/01 (This contradicts our placement of IF S1 in June. Unless we take it to mean valid thru 05/01/17)
Lot #37:

• Claire Temple's Metro-General badge from Jessica Jones 1x13, expires 11/21/19
Lot #44:

• Iron Fist 1x04 or 1x05: Mention of Danny returning two weeks ago. Weekday edition. (So 1x01 is 12 days prior on timeline, that works.)
  • Funny thing is that there is a mention of an x-ray of Frank Castle, but the photo is missing and it mentions him being presumed dead after an explosion at a local power plant.
Lot #45:

• Daredevil 1x07: Newspaper that appears is a weekday edition. Rules out Saturday or Sunday.
Lot #120:

• Daredevil 1x13: Daredevil collars Fisk: mention of Fisk's arrest was yesterday, weekday edition. Rules out Saturday.
Lot #135:

• Confederated Global check to Nelson & Murdock. I believe this is their payment for the job in 1x03, dated July 20th. (Contradicts our placement in November)
Lot #202:

• Daredevil 2x05: The ''Stark Tower ruined during Battle of NY'' newspaper. The only reason I'm listing this here, is because I'm pretty sure this is the first chronological (irl) mention of Stark committing funds and resources to rebuilding NYC, meaning Damage Control as seen in Spider-Man Homecoming.
Lot #218:

• Poindexter's baseball notes: obviously wrong, as it says 2018.
Lot #247:

• Daredevil 3x06: Weekday edition of newspaper mentioning FBI investigation of Poindexter appears. Rules out saturday and Sunday.

Notes: The weekday edition banner is not a copy and paste by the way, the weather conditions are always different.

It's funny, because none of the Jessica Jones season 3 props give any indication of when it might take place, so at least in that regard there's some leeway.

Also, the Punisher props have never been in these auctions, I wonder what's up with that.

Not sure if it's of any help, but Prop Store is having another Marvel Netflix auction again. https://marvel.propstoreauction.com/m/view-auctions/catalog/id/257/
I like looking through those for all the little details and I made a list of the timeline indications I could find.

Lot #8:

• Wilson Fisk's Promise to City: Weekday edition, speech from Daredevil 1x08 was yesterday, rules out Saturday.
  • Daredevil (Bullseye) attacks local church: weekday edition, I think this newspaper appears in Daredevil 3x11, since the events happen in 3x10. Rules out Saturday and Sunday.
Lot #16:

• Harlem Terror: Weekday edition, battle was yesterday. Rules out Saturday.
Lot #23:

• Iron Fist season 1 Joy's ID Badge: Valid thru 05/01 (This contradicts our placement of IF S1 in June. Unless we take it to mean valid thru 05/01/17)
Lot #37:

• Claire Temple's Metro-General badge from Jessica Jones 1x13, expires 11/21/19
Lot #44:

• Iron Fist 1x04 or 1x05: Mention of Danny returning two weeks ago. Weekday edition. (So 1x01 is 12 days prior on timeline, that works.)
  • Funny thing is that there is a mention of an x-ray of Frank Castle, but the photo is missing and it mentions him being presumed dead after an explosion at a local power plant.
Lot #45:

• Daredevil 1x07: Newspaper that appears is a weekday edition. Rules out Saturday or Sunday.
Lot #120:

• Daredevil 1x13: Daredevil collars Fisk: mention of Fisk's arrest was yesterday, weekday edition. Rules out Saturday.
Lot #135:

• Confederated Global check to Nelson & Murdock. I believe this is their payment for the job in 1x03, dated July 20th. (Contradicts our placement in November)
Lot #202:

• Daredevil 2x05: The ''Stark Tower ruined during Battle of NY'' newspaper. The only reason I'm listing this here, is because I'm pretty sure this is the first chronological (irl) mention of Stark committing funds and resources to rebuilding NYC, meaning Damage Control as seen in Spider-Man Homecoming.
Lot #218:

• Poindexter's baseball notes: obviously wrong, as it says 2018.
Lot #247:

• Daredevil 3x06: Weekday edition of newspaper mentioning FBI investigation of Poindexter appears. Rules out saturday and Sunday.

Notes: The weekday edition banner is not a copy and paste by the way, the weather conditions are always different.

It's funny, because none of the Jessica Jones season 3 props give any indication of when it might take place, so at least in that regard there's some leeway.

Also, the Punisher props have never been in these auctions, I wonder what's up with that.
Regarding Daredevil, the season was placed going from a December 7, 2014 date from a newspaper in Daredevil 1x13, but the actual prop doesn't have a date: https://marvel.propstoreauction.com/m/lot-details/index/catalog/198/lot/42537/

I edited out the specific October-December dates.

What do you mean, that they added the December 7 newspaper date for the release of the episode?

If the actual prop doesn't have a date, but in the episode it does, I would assume they intentionally added the date.

If the actual prop doesn't have a date, but in the episode it does, I would assume they intentionally added the date.
It doesn't have a date in the episode. It just says "Weekday Edition / Cloudy, 43 / Weather: P. 34" "View our website for breaking news" as in the prop.

Attachments

• DD 1x13.png
    DD 1x13.png
    595.7 KB · Views: 7
I think there's some miscommunication, because Selfishmisery and I thought you said here that it had a date in the episode, but not in the propstore.
What I meant was that in the episode, since the image is slightly blurry, it looked like it had a date, but the prop images are higher resolution and showed that there actually wasn't a date in the newspaper in the episode.

What I meant was that in the episode, since the image is slightly blurry, it looked like it had a date, but the prop images are higher resolution and showed that there actually wasn't a date in the newspaper in the episode.

Ah, got it. Good to have that clear now, then.

I'm starting to get the feeling that they're making waves in the timeline that will subtly undo a portion of the show's events post-S1.

They didn't tie directly into the films much after S2 with the new Helicarrier for Age of Ultron, right?
Judging from next week's preview, what if a new wave is created where Jiaying never has her near-death experience by Whitehall and this undoes most of season 2 and 3 with the Inhumans?

There wouldn't be any need to bring back Vijay or worry about Felix Blake and the Watchdogs then. :p

I hope they mapped all these domino effect changes out, if it this were to be true.
Because I think we're leading into the "Endgame" branch soon...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back