Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

I'm starting to get the feeling that they're making waves in the timeline that will subtly undo a portion of the show's events post-S1.

They didn't tie directly into the films much after S2 with the new Helicarrier for Age of Ultron, right?
Judging from next week's preview, what if a new wave is created where Jiaying never has her near-death experience by Whitehall and this undoes most of season 2 and 3 with the Inhumans?

There wouldn't be any need to bring back Vijay or worry about Felix Blade and the Watchdogs then. :p

I hope they mapped all these domino effect changes out, if it this were to be true.
Because I think we're leading into the "Endgame" branch soon...

That would be a good explanation as to why something as big as the Inhuman Outbreak was never referenced in the films or other shows (Inhumans excluded). Some would probably have an issue with it, but if the show turns out to not have been in the main timeline the entire time and actually one that was similar enough, I think I'd be OK with it. Especially if the show ends up with them joining the main timeline towards the end.

That would be a good explanation as to why something as big as the Inhuman Outbreak was never referenced in the films or other shows (Inhumans excluded). Some would probably have an issue with it, but if the show turns out to not have been in the main timeline the entire time and actually one that was similar enough, I think I'd be OK with it. Especially if the show ends up with them joining the main timeline towards the end.
There's still the issue with the Sokovia Accords still existing, but maybe it was just a bigger issue in this show's (possible) branch than the main timeline. At some point, as we get closer to 2018, there's gonna have to be a massive 'wave' that brings Thanos to Earth for real (assuming Kassius' dad lied about that being the case in season 5 so Glenn Talbot could rupture the Earth to their gain.)

^The Inhuman Outbreak was kind of acknowledged in "Civil War". The Inhumans were referred as enhanced individuals in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 4 synopsis, and in "Civil War" Vision talked about how the amoun of enhanced individuals increased EXPONENTIALLY in the last 8 years, exponentially is such a BIG word for the Avengers, where half of them do not have powers...

Even more, in Ant-Man a reporter says nowadays they have all kind of people with powers, Falcon jokingly talks about it in "Civil War" as well saying "everyone has powers now". So, yes.

Also, I am genuinely getting annoyed at the entire "they didn't mention this or this". Man, a lot of sh*t happens in the real world, and while I know about it I don't talk about it in a daily basis, or I don't even touch the subject.

^The Inhuman Outbreak was kind of acknowledged in "Civil War". The Inhumans were referred as enhanced individuals in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 4 synopsis, and in "Civil War" Vision talked about how the amoun of enhanced individuals increased EXPONENTIALLY in the last 8 years, exponentially is such a BIG word for the Avengers, where half of them do not have powers...

Even more, in Ant-Man a reporter says nowadays they have all kind of people with powers, Falcon jokingly talks about it in "Civil War" as well saying "everyone has powers now". So, yes.

Also, I am genuinely getting annoyed at the entire "they didn't mention this or this". Man, a lot of sh*t happens in the real world, and while I know about it I don't talk about it in a daily basis, or I don't even touch the subject.
Those references are vague enough to where you can have them mean whatever you want. The MCU is full of enhanced individuals and not all of them are Inhumans which is a term that wasn't invented from A.o.S. And if the movies and shows were truly connected, you bet something as big as the Inhuman Outbreak would be mentioned.

Those references are vague enough to where you can have them mean whatever you want. The MCU is full of enhanced individuals and not all of them are Inhumans which is a term that wasn't invented from A.o.S. And if the movies and shows were truly connected, you bet something as big as the Inhuman Outbreak would be mentioned.
Did they mention the big blast of mass in 2014 in a movie outside of the GotG franchise? Nope.

They don't have to talk about anything, and the timeline kind of helps to have those events unnecessary to be mentioned.

Did they mention the big blast of mass in 2014 in a movie outside of the GotG franchise? Nope.

They don't have to talk about anything, and the timeline kind of helps to have those events unnecessary to be mentioned.

I'm not saying they have to include everything but mentioning enhanced individuals being a part of the world doesn't mean the movies are intentionally referencing Inhumans. Besides, there's a difference between a mass that was in a small town for like 10 minutes and a global outbreak that lasted months.

I thought of like 20 different important plot elements that could be undone via a 'wave' by Jiaying never breaking bad. Basically erasing/massively-altering S2 to S6 for the most part.

I'll refrain from sharing them unless that actually happens next week.

My prediction: I think Whitehall will be brought in somehow, perhaps by the Malick brother, and will be killed before he can get to Jiaying. Possibly by Daisy as a way of protecting her mother.

I thought of like 20 different important plot elements that could be undone via a 'wave' by Jiaying never breaking bad.

I'll refrain from sharing them unless that actually happens next week.

My prediction: I think Whitehall will brought in somehow, perhaps by the Malick brother, and will be killed before he can get to Jiaying. Possibly by Daisy as a way of protecting her mother.

I could see Whitehall returning and was hoping Malick trying to get a hold of him was a tease for it. It'll be interesting to see what further "waves" this season has in store.

0:20 - 0:35

Like I already said, a vague line that in a world with a ton of enhanced individuals, doesn't mean the movie was referencing Inhumans.
"Exponentially" doesn't describe less than a hundred in my opinion.

WHiH Newsfront referenced Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. referenced all the other shows. They share so many events that if it was another timeline it doesn't make sense why so many events are the same. If the Inhuman outbreak occurred in an alternate timeline, everything would be different.

The text describes an event from Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. exactly. The Watchdogs, who are the ones who attacked the ATCU, wouldn't exist without the Inhuman outbreak occurring, therefore it is all within the same timeline or at least happened identically.

I'd wait for the show to tell us. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. was meant to introduce the Inhuman race like it did the Kree before Marvel Studios who would plan an Inhumans film. They are now crafting a Ms. Marvel show, who is an Inhuman.

Last edited:
Like I already said, a vague line that in a world with a ton of enhanced individuals, doesn't mean the movie was referencing Inhumans.
I am sorry, but a vague line was enough to hint there are bigger events happening in the MCU that the movies talk about. That line is an indication. And in the movies, most of the heroes were not enhanced. just people with armors and experienced enough to fight threats from other worlds.

I am sorry, but a vague line was enough to hint there are bigger events happening in the MCU that the movies talk about. That line is an indication. And in the movies, most of the heroes were not enhanced. just people with armors and experienced enough to fight threats from other worlds.
Let's list as many enhanced individuals by 2016 in the films after Iron Man (that I can think of):
Abomination
Scarlet Witch
Quicksilver
Black Panther
Spider-Man

Not a lot. Lets include the shows without Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.:
Luke Cage
Iron Fist

Not enough to fit Visions description at all. I personally believe that that line was a reference to Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. because superheroes, while the focus, are quite rare, despite what Clare Temple would tell you. You're unlikely to come across them unless you're actively looking. An Inhuman reference makes a lot more sense, rather than about 10 heroes.

I'm not saying it isn't. I'm just saying I don't think it was an intentional reference specifically to Inhumans. If you want to headcanon that it is that's fine. And I'd consider people with armors and experience like Hawkeye and Black Widow as still being enhanced given they have abilities (even if they aren't powers) that most humans don't. And we can't just go with what is seen onscreen. Like I said there were plenty of enhanced individuals that Vision would be aware of in the MCU, even if we don't see them. Tony was keeping track of Peter, who's to say he wasn't doing the same thing for others.

It is confirmed that Tony knows about the vigilantes of NY (the writers of Civil War) but he chose Peter as a way to redeem himself because of the dead of Charles Spencer.

It is confirmed that Tony knows about the vigilantes of NY (the writers of Civil War) but he chose Peter as a way to redeem himself because of the dead of Charles Spencer.
I thought it had more to do with Peter having abilities that would be useful in the situation. But yeah I've always head cannoned that Tony kept tabs on the Defenders the same way he did Peter. Especially when you have someone like Luke whose abilities are well known to the public. Plus once the Avengers were broke up, I'm sure he looked at a number of people that he could potentially add on the team, given that it was only him, Vision, and Rhodey (who was still injured) at that point.

The text describes an event from Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. exactly. The Watchdogs, who are the ones who attacked the ATCU, wouldn't exist without the Inhuman outbreak occurring, therefore it is all within the same timeline or at least happened identically.
I have to reiterate this, because canonical information makes it impossible for Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. to be an alternative timeline.

I have to reiterate this, because canonical information makes it impossible for Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. to be an alternative timeline.
Season 6 is definitely not a post-Snap timeline, so anything is possible.

Those WHIH newscasts may be canon...but maybe not. The YouTube channel was taken down and fans had to archive it.

Let's wait and see.

Season 6 is definitely not a post-Snap timeline, so anything is possible.

Those WHIH newscasts may be canon...but maybe not. The YouTube channel was taken down and fans had to archive it.

Let's wait and see.

Like I said they could be from a similar timeline with slight differences. I personally don't put much weight into the WHIH newscasts as they're simply promotional material that have now been taken down.

Latest posts

Back