Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

And you are mistaken, there is still a reality that won't have Quake, with the Triskelion getting destroyed, the new reality has been already destroyed. They were stopping the Chronicoms from being a threat to a new timeline, and ultimately theirs, what if they found a way to come back to the MCU?...

Then it is a waste of time. Objectively.
They basically ran around in circles.

Terrible storytelling. And I don't just think that, objectively it is a waste of time.

If your way is how they will end the series, I will be furious.

I will wait and see how this turns out, but if the team have to fail all season just to undo it all in the penultimate THEN reach the MCU timeline, that is overly and unnecessarily complicated.

Then it is a waste of time. Objectively.
They basically ran around in circles.

Terrible storytelling. And I don't just think that, objectively it is a waste of time.

If your way is how they will end the series, I will be furious.
If you want to feel better, Enoch, Fitz and Simmons (if you take out her chip) know the aftermath. They know the team had to time travel to stop the Chronicoms. Lets see, but that is basically.

Also, the show itself has said before you cannot rewrite the timeline, Fitz in Season 3: Time is set, you cannot change it. Season 5 introduced the Multiverse theory, the 2091 reality is now an alternate universe and Deke is the proog when you play with Time Travel you can move between those universes.

And if the theory that the team returned to 1955 to stop Luke you can interpret that thanks to the Agents' actions the MCU as we know it will come to life. However, you have to accept this new universe they are in is not the MCU timeline, the Triskelion in 1983 is the main example.

The show is pretty aware of their nature and their rules, and lets thank God they have some consistency between their facts.

I know you and Pro Bot don't want that, but it's the only natural way storywise it can work without wasting our time.
I'd rather half a season than the whole show and potentially all of MCU TV (-Agent Carter) becoming a waste of time.

Isn't that like saying the Framework was a waste of time?

Last edited:
Have any of you guys considered that Runaways uses a different method of time travel because the writing for that show sucked?

Have any of you guys considered that Runaways uses a different method of time travel because the writing for that show sucked?
According to the main collaborator of that show, they didn't focus on writing Time Travel rules for the show, they went for the Doctor Who "Wibbly wobbly, timey wimey", and the collaborator also said that the Runaways were not expert by the design. so they might have not taken care of the rules and measures to avoid being "erased" from the timeline they had jumped into. Not only that, but the collaborator said the rules are: "who knows how it works?". Leaving it open for us to accommodate it to the branching rules.

According to the main collaborator of that show, they didn't focus on writing Time Travel rules for the show, they went for the Doctor Who "Wibbly wobbly, timey wimey", and the collaborator also said that the Runaways were not expert by the design. so they might have not taken care of the rules and measures to avoid being "erased" from the timeline they had jumped into. Not only that, but the collaborator said the rules are: "who knows how it works?". Leaving it open for us to accommodate it to the branching rules.

I like the idea that Chase didn't have any measures to avoid being erased. The Avengers anchored themselves to the present, using the platform. The Runaways didn't have a platform to anchor to, hence them being erased.

After rewatching the episode, is possible that happened. Also a CTC is forcing the past to meet the future, so if you are not careful you may be connecting your essence and existence to the timelines you are jumping into, so if you make something that eliminates your existence, you are taken out.

I'm reminded of something in Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. in its second season's time travel arc.
When the Vampire timeline is erased in present day and "Dracula Hulk" (don't laugh) fades away, She-Hulk asks why did he fade away. A-Bomb brings up the idea that an alternate Hulk was created.

A couple episodes later, Leader says those alternate timelines still exist but as paradoxes.

So I would think maybe in the case of Runaways, which I'm almost entirely agreeing with you on, CTC causes the time travelers to fade away if the past is changed, but said characters and their timeline are stuck in perpetual limbo bordered off from access to the other timeline(s).
EDIT: Also, I think that's how David Haller survived in the comics after Bishop prevented David's birth.

Last edited:
Today's episode confirms it is an alternate timeline (not rewriting) and confirms also that Sousa did die in the main MCU timeline, so my theory about same result = same timeline is not longer accurate. As of now, we have to see if 1931 is also in the new reality, you can say "yes" but it would be best to have a proper answer.

So my guess...

Either Fitz comes up with some way for them to return to the main MCU timeline branch after the Chronicoms and Nathenial die, or EVERYONE dies, heroes and villains, and we're never going to tie up so many of those loose ends.

:|

No Blizzard. No Vijay Nadeer. No comeuppance for Felix Blake and many other loose ends.

Last edited:
Okay. Here's what I think ultimately what it will boil down to:

The events of Agents of SHIELD co-exist and play out the same way in the main MCU timeline and the timeline where Thanos left in 2014....until the end of Season 5.
Season 6 is the branching off point because either way, the Confederacy were either truthful in one or lying to gain Earth's resources in another, thus what happens in Season 6 and 7 is more less a means for the writers to finish the story they want to tell.

Layman's terms:
Timeline 1.) Season 1-5 - main MCU timeline (Confederacy is truthful to Talbot)

Timeline 2.) Season 1-5 - co-existing timeline where Thanos left in 2014 and didn't bother Earth (Confederacy lies to Talbot)
----> Season 6

Timeline 3.) Season 7 - changes to 1931 onto 1983 create this timeline.

The events of Season 6 CANNOT exist in a post-Snap world. Ultimately, it's an addon ending because ABC wanted the show to continue airing after Endgame.

Now could the agents somehow make it to Timeline 1 by the end of the series? By all means. But it's going to have to be something really smart and well-thought out because I can't imagine any other way this could work.

OH, another idea, everyone dies at the end of the series. SHIELD, Malick, Chronicoms and all, except for Fitz from Timeline 2 who survives and makes a jump to Timeline 1 to be with the team and Simmons. And Season 6 and 7 are basically his journey to reach that point.

OH, another idea, everyone dies at the end of the series. SHIELD, Malick, Chronicoms and all, except for Fitz from Timeline 2 who survives and makes a jump to Timeline 1. And Season 6 and 7 are basically his journey to reach that point.

Enoch says the team will survive, but not together, right?

The events of Season 6 CANNOT exist in a post-Snap world. Ultimately, it's an addon ending because ABC wanted the show to continue airing after Endgame.
Man... you just have to accept it, the OG Timeline they talk about is the MCU timeline, which they left in 2019, you can make your mind around all the headcanon you wish, but what is canon is that S6 is set in 2019 of the main MCU timeline.

Latest posts

Back