Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

I've got a feeling that only Daisy and Sousa will go back to the main timeline. The rest of the team will stay in alternate timeline.

And in my opinion seasons 1-4 are OG timeline. Everything after sending them to the future is 1 or more alternate timelines. How many exaclty doesn't actually matter.

S1-4 OG Timeline
S5 E1-10 AT 1
S5 E11-22 and S6 AT 2
S7 AT 3

Last edited:
Man... you just have to accept it, the OG Timeline they talk about is the MCU timeline, which they left in 2019, you can make your mind around all the headcanon you wish, but what is canon is that S6 is set in 2019 of the main MCU timeline.
Unless you can find definite proof from the cast & crew, not vague words that you might interpret as 'proof' but fully-detailed out evidence, I'll believe you.

Until then, don't play this "You just have to accept it" mind game with me.

Easy as pie. They are in the MCU since the beginning, they time-travel to 2091, then return to their MCU timeline, the same timeline they left.

Then the timeline splits definitely in 2018 during the Battle of Chicago, and the MCU has now completely diverged from the Destroyed Earth timeline, then one year passes and 2019.

Now prove you to me, with factual information that there was a switch between universes rather than "it cannot be MCU cuz of the snap"

Easy as pie. They are in the MCU since the beginning, they time-travel to 2091, then return to their MCU timeline, the same timeline they left.

Then the timeline splits definitely in 2018 during the Battle of Chicago, and the MCU has now completely diverged from the Destroyed Earth timeline, then one year passes and 2019.

Now proof you to me, with factual information that there was a switch between universes rather than "it cannot be MCU cuz of the snap"
You didn't even answer my question. You gave your own hypothesis as I did with the previous page. Nothing that the showrunners or anyone who has worked on have elaborated on.
In fact: "All this is happening pre-Snap," Ming-Na Wen, who plays May, told me. "At this point it's safe to say that we have departed from following the [Marvel] cinematic universe in that sense, and are just telling our own stories."

My issue is that you're claiming I'm OBJECTIVELY wrong. When in actuality, we don't know for sure other than that quote from Ming-Na Wen. We have only have theories right now.
Nothing is objective until we get to the end. There are only theories, but for now it's broken off from the main timeline Season 6 onwards.

Ming Na Wen's statement is completely misused. She meant they are not following the MCU storylines for tie-in in the seasons like they had done in the past, nothing of being a new timeline.

They said it is pre-Snap when they have said Season 5 Episode 20-22 are on the same day as IW and they SAID the snap took place moments after E22, and in the NYCC19, Jeph Loeb said: "you saw last season, now it is a year after".

They now say it is pre Snap as way they made the story.

Ming Na Wen's statement is completely misused. She meant they are not following the MCU storylines for tie-in in the seasons like they had done in the past, nothing of being a new timeline.

The fact that she acknowledged it was "Pre-Snap" regardless if it was after Infinity War means it hasn't happened yet by some means. We don't know exactly how.
Your guess is as good as mine.

They said it is pre-Snap when they have said Season 5 Episode 20-22 are on the same day as IW and they SAID the snap took place moments after E22, and in the NYCC19, Jeph Loeb said: "you saw last season, now it is a year after".

Jeph Loeb also said that it will make sense how Avengers Assemble "will fit" in the same continuity as Avengers: EMH over time. That never happened.
He only said that to appease naysayers and skeptics.

And if they said the Snap "happened" after E22, they clearly changed their mind after ABC renewed them for two more seasons per more-recent interviews.

They now say it is pre Snap as way they made the story.

Which means nothing in broader context. They didn't have a way to explain it then beyond "just 'cause".

Wait and see, my friend. Either one of us could be surprised.

Speaking in a August 6th present date, Season 6 is just post Snap in the main MCU timeline. Nothing proves otherwise.

We'll just have to wait till next week to see if the snap will be mentioned and which timeline we're going to end up in. AoS moves at such a fast pace, defining things like multiple timelines should just be put on till the season is over. Just last week we still thought we might be dealing with a predestination paradox.

I suppose it's just barely possible that the "new" timeline created in this season of Agents of SHIELD is the mainline MCU timeline, with the "early" introduction of Insight and the Triskelion just being a clever misdirect. Perhaps the 1989 Triskelion we saw under construction in Ant Man is replacing the one that was destroyed by the Chronicons in 1983/84, and the destruction of so many of SHIELD's assets and records (covered up between the 80s and the 2020s, of course) cleared the slate for a similar Project Insight to be developed in the 2010s. In this scenario, the entire AoS timeline up through Season 5 was identical to the one we know, except that Thanos was unable to make the Snap and the Blip never happened. But the Chronicom corruption of the timeline in Season 7 leads to the creation of the MCU timeline.

I doubt it, but I thought I'd throw out one last theory before everything goes down next week. ;)

I'm willing to admit I'm wrong if it turns out my theory is incorrect. But for right now, it's a mystery.

I suppose it's just barely possible that the "new" timeline created in this season of Agents of SHIELD is the mainline MCU timeline, with the "early" introduction of Insight and the Triskelion just being a clever misdirect. Perhaps the 1989 Triskelion we saw under construction in Ant Man is replacing the one that was destroyed by the Chronicons in 1983/84.

No, because as Coulson said it, the Triskelion shouldn't be even a thing in 1983, because it was built in 1989, they come from 2019 of the MCU timeline and now they are in a new one, they will find a way to return to the MCU in the finale, but not everybody will.

Aliens weren't a thing until 1995 for S.H.I.E.L.D. and S.H.I.E.L.D. just became aware of them being dangerous in 2010 with Thor's arrival.

Project Insight in the MCU came from Fury. Fury made project Insight.

No, because as Coulson said it, the Triskelion shouldn't be even a thing in 1983, because it was built in 1989, they come from 2019 of the MCU timeline and now they are in a new one, they will find a way to return to the MCU in the finale, but not everybody will.

Aliens weren't a thing until 1995 for S.H.I.E.L.D. and S.H.I.E.L.D. just became aware of them being dangerous in 2010 with Thor's arrival.

Project Insight in the MCU came from Fury. Fury made project Insight.

I'm pretty sure they already thought aliens were dangerous after 1995, since that's the reason Fury starts drafting the Avengers Initiative.

Yes, you're right, it is just that S.H.I.E.L.D. realized they could go into conflict with them after New Mexico.

Ah, I see you've misunderstood my silly theory. In the timeline Coulson comes from, (which may indeed be the original MCU timeline, but let's imagine for a moment that it's not) the Triskelion was indeed under construction in 1989 as per what we saw in Ant Man. (The movie doesn't actually say when construction was finished, BTW.)

In the new timeline created by Chromicon interference, the Triskelion was constructed by and destroyed in 1983/84. I'm just saying that there's no on-screen statement in Ant Man that says something like "this building we're standing in is being built to replace the Triskelion that was destroyed a couple of years ago under mysterious circumstances, we never actually found out what happened with that (and we may or may not suspect aliens, that's kind of up for debate) but we covered it up anyway because we're a secret organization". Under this theory, the Ant Man Triskelion is being built to replace the building that was destroyed in an attack that SHIELD may or may not realize is extraterrestrial.

So it's just possible (unlikely, but possible) that if the new timeline is actually the MCU as we know it, AoS is introducing the slight retcon that the Triskelion construction in Ant Man was occurring because of the Chronicom's attack. Coulson's statement that the Triskelion was operational earlier than in his home timeline was correct from his PoV, but also a clever red herring by the writers playing on our assumptions of what we know of MCU history in order to misdirect us from the fact that we are now in the main MCU timeline. The pre-existence of Project Insight is effectively nullified because the Chronicom attack wiped out most of 1983-era SHIELD's records and resources (while sparing Stark, Carter, Pym, etc.) so Fury or whomever is free to come up with the idea on his own. (As indeed he did in the original, non-MCU timeline.)

Is this absurd and convoluted? You bet, and extremely unlikely to boot, but rest assured I did take all available information into account. ;) Excited to see what happens next week.

Speaking in a August 6th present date, Season 6 is just post Snap in the main MCU timeline. Nothing proves otherwise.
I'd say the fact that the season completely ignores the snap is good evidence that it isn't the main MCU timeline. Sure, you can say it happened and it just wasn't focused on (which is a huge stretch) but given the season was written without the snap-in mind, I have a hard time believing it's simply still the main timeline.

Well looks like I'm sticking with Season 5B, Season 6, and Season 7 still being a separate timeline from the main MCU. I doubt that Marvel Studios picks up any plot threads from the show anyway. So, it'll probably work. I still loved the finale though.

Latest posts

Back