Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

I really liked the 2014 Thanos theory too! I think it made it into one of those AoS season 7 rumors that was going around, and I really wanted to believe it because it was such a clever solution.

I get that fan theories can be fun, but taken what's in the show itself, which is said to be 1 year after the snap, with Avengers: Infinity War bring directly mentioned multiple times, the only thing denying such is fan theories, and S7 seemingly tying into Spider-Man: Far From Home with S.H.I.E.L.D. being active and potentially S.W.O.R.D., which appears in WandaVision, is it not more reasonable to assume it's just in the main timeline?

No matter what you come up with, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S5 directly ties into Avengers: Infinity War, the theory that it's a story made to scare people is baseless, and the show indicates that they stopped the time loop, not travelled to a separate universe. 1 year later just happens to be in an awkward position. I have bigger problems with Runaways, honestly.

People can come up with what they want, it's interesting, it's just they will remain fan theories. I hope I don't sound rude, by the way, I'm only contributing my thoughts here. Given the shows ended, we won't get any answers most likely.

They were going to reference Avengers: Infinity War but cut it because they were short on time.
"Some of the stuff they did with time travel in 'Endgame' indicated that there are other timelines where other adventures are occurring. We're following the multi-verse rule. The only way that someone survives Thanos's snap in the movies is go into the quantum realm, and we originally did plan to give that a mention — because we used the quantum realm to move between timelines — but it got cut for time."

Somehow, by being in the Quantum Realm in 2019, they protected themselves in 2018. I'm glad they didn't do this. Being in the Quantum Realm doesn't affect whether you die or not, though I'd be okay with a retcon. Maybe the Dark Dimension could have protected the Runaways too.

Last edited:
I get that fan theories can be fun, but taken what's in the show itself, which is said to be 1 year after the snap, with Avengers: Infinity War bring directly mentioned multiple times, the only thing denying such is fan theories, and S7 seemingly tying into Spider-Man: Far From Home with S.H.I.E.L.D. being active and potentially S.W.O.R.D., which appears in WandaVision, is it not more reasonable to assume it's just in the main timeline?

No matter what you come up with, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S5 directly ties into Avengers: Infinity War, the theory that it's a story made to scare people is baseless, and the show indicates that they stopped the time loop, not travelled to a separate universe. 1 year later just happens to be in an awkward position. I have bigger problems with Runaways, honestly.

People can come up with what they want, it's interesting, it's just they will remain fan theories. I hope I don't sound rude, by the way, I'm only contributing my thoughts here. Given the shows ended, we won't get any answers most likely.

They were going to reference Avengers: Infinity War but cut it because they were short on time.
"Some of the stuff they did with time travel in 'Endgame' indicated that there are other timelines where other adventures are occurring. We're following the multi-verse rule. The only way that someone survives Thanos's snap in the movies is go into the quantum realm, and we originally did plan to give that a mention — because we used the quantum realm to move between timelines — but it got cut for time."

Somehow, by being in the Quantum Realm in 2019, they protected themselves in 2018. I'm glad they didn't do this. Being in the Quantum Realm doesn't affect whether you die or not, though I'd be okay with a retcon. Maybe the Dark Dimension could have protected the Runaways too.
Yeah, the Quantum Realm explanation they make doesn't make sense. Janet and Hank Pym were in the Quantum Realm before Infinity War and still got Snapped.

Also, do we definitely know that that's SHIELD in Far From Home? The only thing that I can actually find on the internet relating SHIELD and Far From Home is the the stealth suit that Spidey used was on old SHIELD suit that was adapted for Spidey but even then I can't actually find a proper source on this. The only thing that mentions SHIELD relating from Far From Home is that Twitter thing but I'm guessing some intern probably wrote that. I don't get the vibe that SHIELD was in FFH at all. It seems to me like it was either SWORD or something smaller. Hopefully we get some confirmation for what it actually was in the future MCU properties.

Yeah, the Quantum Realm explanation they make doesn't make sense. Janet and Hank Pym were in the Quantum Realm before Infinity War and still got Snapped.

Also, do we definitely know that that's SHIELD in Far From Home? The only thing that I can actually find on the internet relating SHIELD and Far From Home is the the stealth suit that Spidey used was on old SHIELD suit that was adapted for Spidey but even then I can't actually find a proper source on this. The only thing that mentions SHIELD relating from Far From Home is that Twitter thing but I'm guessing some intern probably wrote that. I don't get the vibe that SHIELD was in FFH at all. It seems to me like it was either SWORD or something smaller. Hopefully we get some confirmation for what it actually was in the future MCU properties.
Fury's team isn't, but the Steamstress is.

I'm in the camp that everyone can believe what they want on whether it's the main or an alternate timeline. Especially since chances are we don't see the characters again. And yeah I think mentioning the snap would have caused further confusion. I mean how could the team be spared, when the snap would have been a year prior at that point? I still think we need further confirmation on SHIELD legitimately being back in Marvel Studios productions. I just saw the Seamstress as a former SHIELD agent who works for whatever Fury's been doing with people like Hill and Cameron Klein (besides SWORD). As far as Marvel Studios is concerned, I could see them essentially having SWORD serve as a replacement for SHIELD.

Does anyone have this book? It has the "Road to Infinity War" banner, so I kind of want to add it to the collection. Is there any new information in this?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/1911461826/?tag=tcbcom-20
Yeah, I have it. It's some sentences taken from Avengers: Infinity War: The Heroes' Journey, with promo arts.
See the book as a kid/junior book version of A:IW:THJ.
Big letters, promo arts splashing every page... 90 pages of that.

If you count the Venom movie in the MCU, I can help with it as I have done its timeline.

It's been a very long time since I came helping, I'm sad for DIrishB...

Kevin Feige is involved in what can presumably be a Sony Pictures Universe of Marvel Characters film, Spider-Woman. While it doesn't confirm anything, I thought that was of note.
I"m thinking this will end up being a co-production like the Spider-Man films given so much of the character's history is tied up with Marvel Studios. The way I see it is if it's a co-production, the movie is a part of both the MCU and SUMC (as in it happens in both universes). If it's purely Sony than the movie only happens within the SUMC.

I"m thinking this will end up being a co-production like the Spider-Man films given so much of the character's history is tied up with Marvel Studios. The way I see it is if it's a co-production, the movie is a part of both the MCU and SUMC (as in it happens in both universes). If it's purely Sony than the movie only happens within the SUMC.
It's one or the other, surely. At that point, it might as well be the same universe.

It's one or the other, surely. At that point, it might as well be the same universe.
The thing is I doubt Feige wants to include anything Sony does exclusively as being a part of the MCU. He even says that Spider-Man will be a character that "crosses cinematic universes". So, it makes sense that only the films that Marvel Studios themselves have a hand in will be a part of the MCU. The Sony exclusive stuff will probably reference the corners of the MCU they can (Toomes, Murderer Spider-Man, etc.) in order to make people believe they are no different than any Marvel Studios film, but until we hear otherwise, they'll still be their own universe.

The thing is I doubt Feige wants to include anything Sony does exclusively as being a part of the MCU. He even says that Spider-Man will be a character that "crosses cinematic universes". So, it makes sense that only the films that Marvel Studios themselves have a hand in will be a part of the MCU. The Sony exclusive stuff will probably reference the corners of the MCU they can (Toomes, Murderer Spider-Man, etc.) in order to make people believe they are no different than any Marvel Studios film, but until we hear otherwise, they'll still be their own universe.
If Kevin Feige is involved in a Sony Pictures Universe of Marvel Characters film, it's more reasonable to assume he's involved in a few of them, trying to keep them in-continuity with his films, than it is to assume a film can be in both universes.

Sony Pictures Universe of Marvel Characters is:
Venom
Morbius
Venom: Let There Be Carnage

No Spider-Man film. If a Spider-Woman film references both the Marvel Cinematic Universe and Sony Pictures Universe of Marvel Characters, it's more likely apart of Sony Pictures Universe of Marvel Characters. If it starts to have direct crossovers and Kevin Feige is involved, it's reasonable to assume Sony is working with Marvel to fit in the same world.

All I'm saying is that if the Marvel Cinematic Universe references Sony Pictures Universe of Marvel Characters, it's unreasonable to separate them.

If Kevin Feige is involved in a Sony Pictures Universe of Marvel Characters film, it's more reasonable to assume he's involved in a few of them, trying to keep them in-continuity with his films, than it is to assume a film can be in both universes.

Sony Pictures Universe of Marvel Characters is:
Venom
Morbius
Venom: Let There Be Carnage

No Spider-Man film. If a Spider-Woman film references both the Marvel Cinematic Universe and Sony Pictures Universe of Marvel Characters, it's more likely apart of Sony Pictures Universe of Marvel Characters. If it starts to have direct crossovers and Kevin Feige is involved, it's reasonable to assume Sony is working with Marvel to fit in the same world.

All I'm saying is that if the Marvel Cinematic Universe references Sony Pictures Universe of Marvel Characters, it's unreasonable to separate them.
But what I'm saying is I doubt Marvel Studios references the purely SUMC movies like Venom or Morbius. I don't think Feige will have much involvement with the SUMC movies and the reason he is with Spider-Woman is that her backstory is tied up by things that are a part of the MCU. Hence why I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being a co-production like the Spider-Man movies.

And yes right now no Spider-Man movie is included in the SUMC but given that Vulture and a FFH reference made it into the Morbius trailer, not to mention rumors of
JK Simmons's Jameson appearing.
I wouldn't be surprised if Sony tries to include Holland in the SUMC. Which would match Feige saying that Spider-Man "would cross cinematic universes". The events of FFH and Homecoming would then become part of both the MCU and SUMC.

I feel like part of the new deal of allowing Marvel Studios to share the rights was that Sony could do what they want with MCU versions of Sony-owned characters and use them in their own cinematic universe. This would make the general audience believe these films are a part of the MCU and no different than what is put out by Marvel Studios.

But what I'm saying is I doubt Marvel Studios references the purely SUMC movies like Venom or Morbius. I don't think Feige will have much involvement with the SUMC movies and the reason he is with Spider-Woman is that her backstory is tied up by things that are a part of the MCU. Hence why I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being a co-production like the Spider-Man movies.

And yes right now no Spider-Man movie is included in the SUMC but given that Vulture and a FFH reference made it into the Morbius trailer, not to mention rumors of
JK Simmons's Jameson appearing.
I wouldn't be surprised if Sony tries to include Holland in the SUMC. Which would match Feige saying that Spider-Man "would cross cinematic universes". The events of FFH and Homecoming would then become part of both the MCU and SUMC.

I feel like part of the new deal of allowing Marvel Studios to share the rights was that Sony could do what they want with MCU versions of Sony-owned characters and use them in their own cinematic universe. This would make the general audience believe these films are a part of the MCU and no different than what is put out by Marvel Studios.
More like similar events. They aren't the same Spider-Man yet.

I wanted to say the shot of (I presume) San Francisco looks similar to the shot of New York after the five year jump in Endgame. Perhaps it does take place between IW and Endgame.

I wanted to say the shot of (I presume) San Francisco looks similar to the shot of New York after the five year jump in Endgame. Perhaps it does take place between IW and Endgame.

Given how much the show is hiding the fact that it's a Marvel show (no Marvel logo in the poster or trailer), I'd be surprised if it had anything more than vague connections. If even that. I think that shot just fits in with the moody tone of the show.

Given how much the show is hiding the fact that it's a Marvel show (no Marvel logo in the poster or trailer), I'd be surprised if it had anything more than vague connections. If even that. I think that shot just fits in with the moody tone of the show.
Keep in mind the Marvel logo was only removed after the show was finished shooting. Anything they did to connect it to the wider MCU should still be there.

Given that even the shows more directly connected to the MCU never incorporated any elements of the Snap, if Helstrom does I would be shocked and amazed.

Keep in mind the Marvel logo was only removed after the show was finished shooting. Anything they did to connect it to the wider MCU should still be there.
I still doubt that Helstrom ends up being the one Marvel Television show that references the snap. The fact that they removed the Marvel logo makes it look like it could be seen as standalone.

Latest posts

Back