Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

Agree to disagree then. I'm not saying don't put it on the timeline, I'm just saying that after looking at everything, I personally don't believe it's canon. When it comes to the timeline though it seems to be October and it looks like Ana has an IPhone 11 Pro so the show is either Fall 2019 or Fall 2020, meaning once again the snap has to be hand-waved if you include it in the MCU.
Ehm. There some files Hulu uploaded saying Ana's case was revised around 2005. So if we place the event related to her there. The show is supposedly 20 years later. So 2025

Agree to disagree then. I'm not saying don't put it on the timeline, I'm just saying that after looking at everything, I personally don't believe it's canon. When it comes to the timeline though it seems to be October and it looks like Ana has an IPhone 11 Pro so the show is either Fall 2019 or Fall 2020, meaning once again the snap has to be hand-waved if you include it in the MCU.
*or put it in 2024+

Ehm. There some files Hulu uploaded saying Ana's case was revised around 2005. So if we place the event related to her there. The show is supposedly 20 years later. So 2025
I wouldn't be surprised if they just didn't put enough thought into promotional material. If the show was actually 5 years in the future, I feel like more would have been done to address it.

I wouldn't be surprised if they just didn't put enough thought into promotional material. If the show was actually 5 years in the future, I feel like more would have been done to address it.
Spider-Man: Far from Home didn't bash you over the head saying it's 2024, it just was. It's much more logical than during the snap-blip.

Spider-Man: Far from Home didn't bash you over the head saying it's 2024, it just was. It's much more logical than during the snap-blip.
You still had Endgame before set up that it was 5 years later. FFH also begins with them explaining the blip and how those that weren't blipped aged 5 years.

We could spend all day questioning intentions. I agree the show didn't pronably plan to set it post Endgame. Bu the evidence provided are the ones that speak.

We could spend all day questioning intentions. I agree the show didn't pronably plan to set it post Endgame. Bu the evidence provided are the ones that speak.
If you want to set it then fine, if you're doing a watch of the entire MCU (and choose to include Helstrom) it would work better if it was post Endgame. Even if that obviously wasn't the intention.

Not Pro Bot but Titan Consumed was introduced as non canon later down the line. Explicitly saying "no, it is not MCU". With Helstrom hasn't happened something like that.
I suppose. I believe it was called canon at first, but then they backtracked. I think that was more explicit, though. It was stated non-canon, whereas Helstrom was called "not tied to", which has always been true.
Eh, Marvel never really said anything. The publisher did, and even then, Gizmodo didn't transcribe their conversation, so their wording might be off. The interview they did with Lyga also points to strict coordination with Marvel Studios and looking at the story, Lyga had knowledge of events that happen in Infinity War (something which can't be said for the shows, unfortunately).
And it has the Road to Infinity War Banner.
The publisher was 100% forced to say it had "no canonical ties" to the MCU, because it spoiled Infinity War before it released.
If we're putting Helstrom on the timeline, because of the MCU references it has, and because of production pointing to it being MCU, then Titan Consumed should definitely also be considered canon/be placed on the timeline.

Link to gizmodo article: https://www.google.com/amp/s/io9.gi...erses-thanos-origin-will-be-re-1825242897/amp

Eh, Marvel never really said anything. The publisher did, and even then, Gizmodo didn't transcribe their conversation, so their wording might be off. The interview they did with Lyga also points to strict coordination with Marvel Studios and looking at the story, Lyga had knowledge of events that happen in Infinity War (something which can't be said for the shows, unfortunately).
And it has the Road to Infinity War Banner.
The publisher was 100% forced to say it had "no canonical ties" to the MCU, because it spoiled Infinity War before it released.
If we're putting Helstrom on the timeline, because of the MCU references it has, and because of production pointing to it being MCU, then Titan Consumed should definitely also be considered canon/be placed on the timeline.

Link to gizmodo article: https://www.google.com/amp/s/io9.gi...erses-thanos-origin-will-be-re-1825242897/amp
Sounds convincing. Pahaps you're right.

If you want to set it then fine, if you're doing a watch of the entire MCU (and choose to include Helstrom) it would work better if it was post Endgame. Even if that obviously wasn't the intention.
Well, you don't have to include Helstrom or any show. They're all parallel stories. If you want to watch all canon media, than you have to include Helstrom.

It's pretty sad all they have is a reused whiskey prop and a Roxxon logo. I consider every Marvel Television show made to be in the MCU canon (including Inhumans) but as the show is I personally can't accept it as being a part of the MCU.
I'm of the mind that it doesn't hurt to have it on the timeline, but I can definitely sympathize with that. It's not exactly a shining moment for shared universe TV.

On the upside, though, I had no idea that the O'Harren connection spread across so many of the shows--I learned something new today!

I just don't see the point in placing something so distant from the universe in the timeline. At least with the other shows I felt like it was the same world. Also the story can be standalone while still adding to the overall MCU, 3 episodes into Helstrom I don't think feel like it has.
I agree that it seems tangential in a way that most of the other shows don't, but it's nice to have from a completest perspective, much like the Newsfront shorts and Spider-Man shorts/ads (though admittedly those are by their nature more closely tied to the shows/films.) I'm watching the Doctor Who shows and I've got things like the K-9 series and Cyberon on my watchlist even though they were produced outside of the main continuity and sometimes have only tenuous connections at best.

EDIT: Apparently there's a fictional or semi-fictional newspaper called the New Orleans Gazette that appears in both Cloak and Dagger and Helstrom--not a bad connection. (The MCU wiki appears in the top search results, but there may have been a much older publication with the same name.)

EDIT EDIT: Ditto with the San Francisco Tribune, which previously appeared in Agents of SHIELD (this paper definitely existed in the real world at some point but appears to have been defunct well before the 21st century, so the connection was probably intentional.)

(I do see this as a bit of straw grasping, but that can be fun too. Not as much fun as overt connections, but fun nonetheless.)

Last edited:
The newspaper is said in the Marvel Entertainment recent auction prop video saying they created the newspaper to tie in with other shows. (before Helstrom of course).

That's cool, where's that video?

EDIT: Oh wait, is it this one? That's pretty darn cool, nice to put a face to all these cool props. There's confirmation there that the newspaper titles are maintained to indicate connectivity between Marvel shows, but also that these all need to be put through a process so they can legally use them. They also discuss the Darkhold and confirm that it's not just the same design used in Runaways, but the exact same prop as well! Very cool.

EDIT: Still need to find time to watch the show, but the Dallas Record from Iron Man 2 pops up in the newspaper articles posted by Hulu. Like the rest, this seems to be a MCU exclusive fictional newspaper. (Don't know if these are visible on screen or not). I think the last people on Earth invested in maintaining these TV show links are fans like us and the people who make the props, lol.

Last edited:
Yep. That is the same video. So Helstrom is (as announced) very much part of the MCU. That also debunks the theory that Morgan had another copy of the Darkhold.

And nicely spotted!!!!

By that logic, it definitely wasn't intended to be during the snap-blip gap. "Probably not" is more likely than "definitely not". Also, evidence is more important than intent some of the time. This is how Runaways S3 is split pre-snap and post-snap dispite no references. The evidence is irrefutable, dispite the intent to be pre-snap.

If the evidence points to it being 2018-2023, that's where it will go. So far, the evidence points 2024-2025. Simple. :)

Why 2024-2025? I'm after 5 episodes, but I understand 20 yeras after this event.

ckgbabh0u29l51u3nta68q732-helstrom-dr-hastings-files-article-02.full.jpg

So October 2020? I didn't look at other evidence yet like other newspapers.

Why 2024-2025? I'm after 5 episodes, but I understand 20 yeras after this event.

Nice. I was referring to this.

the date from that newspaper is GONE, not blurr, gone, from the episode where it appears. In episode 5 there is a calendar for October which matches with October 2001 and October 2007. That calendar actually appears in the series.

So we have a minimum as 2021 and maximum as 2027 for present date. We have also evidence for a 2024-2025 setting based off some files that were updated by Hulu talking about the Helstroms' case.

"It's not part of the MCU," showrunner Paul Zbyszeweski clarifies to Looper while promoting the release of Helstrom's debut season. "We are our own thing."

"There was a freeing sort of feeling about it because canon can be heavy. It is a weight on your shoulders," the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. veteran explains. "And to have just this little pocket of the universe, because of what it is — the style and tone and thematic sort of darkness of it—- it needed to be its own thing."

That's as official as you can get regarding the shows canon-ocity.

Latest posts

Back