Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

You mean to tell me, the showrunner of a supposedly canon show, does not know how to correctly use the term MCU? Yup, that's the winning argument.

Genuine question btw, now that it's literally been said Helstrom is not part of the MCU: What would it take for you to actually accept it's not canon? You want Paul Zbyszeweski to come to your house and explain it to you in person?
It would take him not saying it's it's own part of the universe. It would take the show having no tie-ins. It would take the Marvel Appendix designating it a different universe. It would take him saying it's not canon at all.

I guess Disney+ doesn't count, then?
There's a difference between catalogueing your movies and tv shows, and selling your tv show to your audience. I'm sure he just gained a ton of new viewers by saying it's not part of the MCU.

There's a difference between catalogueing your movies and tv shows, and selling your tv show to your audience. I'm sure he just gained a ton of new viewers by saying it's not part of the MCU.
It's not part of that storyline, he's correct. It's a standalone show in a separate corner of that world.

It's not part of that storyline, he's correct. It's a standalone show in a separate corner of that world.
Same argument I've heard a dozen times before.
Fine, you believe it's canon. You do you.
I believe it's canon. I don't believe the showrunner thinks it's canon.
You want it on the timeline. I want it on the timeline.
Let's just put the discussion to rest there.

Now that you guys have made peace, I'm just going to say that this canon talk has gotten so stupid. I just wish Feige would just give us a list of what's canon and what's not just to get this over with lmao.

Now that you guys have made peace, I'm just going to say that this canon talk has gotten so stupid. I just wish Feige would just give us a list of what's canon and what's not just to get this over with lmao.
Problem with that:
Agent Carter -> Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. -> Netflix & Runaways -> Cloak & Dagger. Those all HAVE to be canon simply because they're in each others canon. Feige can only say Inhumans and Helstrom aren't canon, which isn't going to happen. A list seems a bit unnecessary when, for the most part, everything is clearly canon.

What are the chances that the showrunner has to lie (via NDAs given to him by Disney/Marvel) by saying it's not part of the MCU?
I'm think if they don't want this to be associated with Marvel, despite certain little connections in the show, it will throw people off of the belief.

Several years down the line, when enough time is passed, they'll probably go back on it and proclaim it was MCU canon this whole time.

I wouldn't be the first time lies were the only way of getting around NDAs and then retract that statement when they expire.

There's always the hope of Season 2. It all really depends on the audience. What we have going for us is that this show is unlike any other Marvel show. The MCU is a fabulous world. There are so many nuanced segments of the world that haven't been touched. This is one of them. It's scary, and it deals with a lot of mature themes. That's something a lot of Marvel fans have been starving for, that variety of the universe. There's so much more worlds for us to explore... This is certainly the beginning of something bigger.
Here we go again...

I've not seen it all yet, but it is stated in a lot of places that it has loose ties to the MCU, even if it's just Roxxon stuff. More articles say or hint that it is MCU than say it isn't and including it does no harm to continuity.
It is too easy to argue that it should be on the timeline, same as Inhumans. Unless there is a reboot or in the future completely contradicts the MCU, no need to argue about it I think.

I'm going to include it in the timeline when I'm done watching it. I'll also add the backstory videos.
As it should be.
About the backstory video's though: the last one does have caretaker saying something about it "happening tonight". It was posted on release day, I believe, so that might point towards it indeed being out of universe, like you initially said.

As it should be.
About the backstory video's though: the last one does have caretaker saying something about it "happening tonight". It was posted on release day, I believe, so that might point towards it indeed being out of universe, like you initially said.
Do you have a link for this video as I cannot find it. As you said it was posted on release day, a character saying 'happening tonight' would only be to advertise it is premiering that evening. I cannot see the jump to that meaning 'out of universe' as you said. I would need the video for context as that seems like an illogical connection.

The narration in these videos feels like it's from an out-of-universe perspective, but I'll think about adding them to the timeline later.
Like Lebnyx said above. Chapter V says "It arrives tonight" meaning the show. So that would mean it's not an in-universe video.

Like Lebnyx said above. Chapter V says "It arrives tonight" meaning the show. So that would mean it's not an in-universe video.
Ah I'm with you now, he meant the promo, not the show itself. Ignore me, having a brain fart!

I honestly wish Feige would just come out with a damn list so we know what is canon and what is not. I think he owes it to the fans that are 100% invested in the MCU.

I honestly wish Feige would just come out with a damn list so we know what is canon and what is not. I think he owes it to the fans that are 100% invested in the MCU.
I don't think he wants to say anything definitive because he knows that if he flat out confirms the Marvel Television shows aren't canon, he'll upset a significant amount of the fanbase. By keeping mum, he let's everyone believe what they want. I for one don't expect him to do anything with what Marvel Television's set up (Jarvis in Endgame being different due to Feige himself actually being involved) but at the same time I don't think he'll ever make some statement that they're not canon.

The fact that when he did his Reddit AMA he ignored any question related to Marvel Television shows this.

Last edited:
Problem with that:
Agent Carter -> Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. -> Netflix & Runaways -> Cloak & Dagger. Those all HAVE to be canon simply because they're in each others canon. Feige can only say Inhumans and Helstrom aren't canon, which isn't going to happen. A list seems a bit unnecessary when, for the most part, everything is clearly canon.

Latest posts

Back