Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

Yeah, I believe you can't choose when it comes to Marvel Television. Either it's all canon or none of it is.

Since Agent Carter is canon, it all is.
It isn't like they exclusively referenced anything from the show, just reused the same actor. Given Fegie's involvement, I believe he's always seen Agent Carter more canon than the shows he had no involvement in. And while I believe the shows are canon, just because other shows reference Agent Carter, I don't think it means much. It's no different than when they do the same thing to the movies.

It isn't like they exclusively referenced anything from the show, just reused the same actor. Given Fegie's involvement, I believe he's always seen Agent Carter more canon than the shows he had no involvement in. And while I believe the shows are canon, just because other shows reference Agent Carter, I don't think it means much. It's no different than when they do the same thing to the movies.
Agent Carter directly references Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., though. Armin Zola's appearance is complimented by the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. H.Y.D.R.A. theme.

Fennhoff's mind control seems to be where the Faustus method from Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. comes from.

WHiH Newsfront, which is Marvel Studios-produced promotional material, references the Watchdogs destroying the ATCU facility, of which was blown up using nitramene from Agent Carter.

Black Panther was going to include Deadly Nightshade, but that character was going to be used in Luke Cage S2, so they renamed the character Linda.

Captain Marvel uses the Quinjet set from Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D..

Need I go on?

Agent Carter directly references Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., though. Armin Zola's appearance is complimented by the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. H.Y.D.R.A. theme.

Fennhoff's mind control seems to be where the Faustus method from Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. comes from.

WHiH Newsfront, which is Marvel Studios-produced promotional material, references the Watchdogs destroying the ATCU facility, of which was blown up using nitramene from Agent Carter.

Black Panther was going to include Deadly Nightshade, but that character was going to be used in Luke Cage S2, so they renamed the character Linda.

Captain Marvel uses the Quinjet set from Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D..

Need I go on?
I agree the shows are canon just leave it at that.

I agree the shows are canon just leave it at that.
I know, but just saying, Agent Carter validates everything else. In fact, Marvel Studios actively acknowledges the shows when it makes sense.

Until the movies specifically reference something from the show, I don't think it works that way but agree to disagree. All this other stuff is Marvel Television referencing a Marvel Television show.
WHiH Newsfront is Marvel Studios.

WHiH Newsfront is Marvel Studios.
I feel like they were a remnant of when Feige reported to Perlmutter. Notice how since then there hasn't been any more Newsfront. That's also when the shows started to tie-in less.

I feel like they were a remnant of when Feige reported to Perlmutter. Notice how since then there hasn't been any more Newsfront. That's also when the shows started to tie-in less.
What about Tilda Johnson and Linda? Literally changing a film to abide by another shows continuity. That's canon.

What about Tilda Johnson and Linda? Literally changing a film to abide by another shows continuity. That's canon.
On the other end, you have them reusing Mahershala Ali. Sure Marvel's casted actors in different roles before, but not to this extent. For example, while Gemma Chan was in Captain Marvel, she was barely in the movie and under Kree makeup making her unrecognizable. Ali is taking a villain who had significant screentime and giving him a lead role in a movie as a new character.

On the other end, you have them reusing Mahershala Ali. Sure Marvel's casted actors in different roles before, but not to this extent. For example, while Gemma Chan was in Captain Marvel, she was barely in the movie and under Kree makeup making her unrecognizable. Ali is taking a villain who had significant screentime and giving him a lead role in a movie as a new character.
As you've pointed out, it's being done with Marvel Studios products. What's important is that they want to keep them in the same continuity, and are willing to change literal characters to do so.

Also, as I've stated, Marvel Studios takes effort trying not to contradict the shows continuity.

As you've pointed out, it's being done with Marvel Studios products. What's important is that they want to keep them in the same continuity, and are willing to change literal characters to do so.

Also, as I've stated, Marvel Studios takes effort trying not to contradict the shows continuity.
I don't think that'll last forever though. If something from Marvel Television contradicts plans for the future, I could easily see them ignoring it. For example, it'll be interesting to see how Ms. Marvel handles the subject of Inhumans since I doubt anything from Inhumans or Agents of SHIELD will be carried over.

I don't think that'll last forever though. If something from Marvel Television contradicts plans for the future, I could easily see them ignoring it. For example, it'll be interesting to see how Ms. Marvel handles the subject of Inhumans since I doubt anything from Inhumans or Agents of SHIELD will be carried over.
That's fine, but it's speculation none the less.

Hey, did anyone pick up the Wakanda Files book that came out yesterday? Curious about whether there are any Marvel TV or timeline references in it.

Hey, did anyone pick up the Wakanda Files book that came out yesterday? Curious about whether there are any Marvel TV or timeline references in it.
Was just about to post about this! Reading through it now. It seems to be before Infinity War, or after Endgame, since T'Challa is still alive.
First date I've seen given: A medical report of Steve after the super soldier serum was injected; June 24th, 1943.
His D.O.B. is listed as July 4th, 1918.
I will keep you guys updated about other findings.

The 'plot' of the book seems to be Shuri wanting to find a replacement for the Heart Shaped Herb.

Awesome! Judging from the book's description there's some SSR/SHIELD history, so an Agent Carter reference seems most likely. But the writer also did some behind the scenes AoS books, I think, so there's a slightly higher than normal potential for bridging the film and TV sides of the MCU.

I don't think I'd read that as too much of a product of the films/TV rift--it just makes sense to bring an actor of Ali's caliber into the films if they could get him. We know that the Luke Cage writers killed off Cottonmouth earlier than they would have liked because Ali wasn't available for the whole season, so there was a desire do more with him. And since it's definitely a perception of the writers that an insignificant portion of the MCU's audience watched the Netflix series (not something I'd personally agree with, but it was cited as one of the reasons cited for not bringing the TV heroes into the last two Avengers movies), casting him again in a higher-profile role wouldn't be much of an issue even in a world of perfect unity between the films and Marvel TV. It's not unprecendeted either, Star Trek used Peter Weller twice as two different villains in movies and TV, not bothering to change his physical appearance, and the intention was never to suggest that Enterprise wasn't in continuity with Into Darkness.

Not saying that there isn't some kind of rift, but having Mahershala Ali play two parts could (and should!) easily happen even if there wasn't one.

I have finished The Wakanda Files. I really liked it, gives a lot of background information.
So here's my findings:
-It takes place after Endgame. Shuri mentions how she was snapped and missed 5 years of technological advancements.
-Bucky enlisted January 1942
-Bucky's D.O.B. is March 1917
-Bucky was first shipped out in June 1943
-In July 1943 he was stationed in Italy.
-In October 1943 he was captured.
-The rest of the dates in his file are redacted.
-There's a memo that mentions Rhodey taking the Iron Man armor. A Cease and Desist is to be sent immediately. Dated July 30th.
-Happy sends the security memo he mentions in Iron Man 3. The one he also placed in the restrooms. Dated August 6th.
-There's a continuity error where Tony asks Jarvis to start drafting the Iron Spider suit after the events in Berlin. That's got to be an error, since he's long gone.
-The World of Tomorrow exposition in TFA, where Howard shows the flying car is dated after July 30th. A newspaper mentions the exposition.
-Howard Starks video to Tony in Iron Man 2 is shot in 1974.
-Anton Vanko was fired before Q3 1968.
-Item 47's events are mentioned.

As for tv show tie-ins..... drumrolls please.....

They are in!
The most obvious one is Anton Vanko's security badge. It's a picture of Anton Vanko taken from Agent Carter.
The other one is a bit less obvious, but there's a report on the Helicarrier from Age of Ultron. It says it was ''Damaged heavily in the Battle of New York, repaired and loaned to Fury for assistance in evacuating Sokovia.''
I believe it was Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. that mentioned the Theta Protocol Helicarrier was the same as the one used in the first Avengers. I don't think that's mentioned in Age of Ultron itself.

That's it. If any of you have any questions, feel free to ask me.

Hey man! Do you think you could ss or something those references? It is for a blog article a friend of mine is writing. I would be greatly thankful.

Latest posts

Back