Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

Hey man! Do you think you could ss or something those references? It is for a blog article a friend of mine is writing. I would be greatly thankful.
I'll see what I can do! I'm not familiar with posting screenshots on a forum without direct uploading.

I'll see what I can do! I'm not familiar with posting screenshots on a forum without direct uploading.
Hey, I have seen you in the MCU Wiki Discord. Maybe you could DM me there if you are okay with it. Or if you have a scanner, it could work. Whatever fits you best, and if you want to . Of course! :D

Hey, I have seen you in the MCU Wiki Discord. Maybe you could DM me there if you are okay with it. Or if you have a scanner, it could work. Whatever fits you best, and if you want to . Of course! :D
What's your username on the discord? I'll DM you there.

Marvelus. The same as the wiki. I am Moderstor there. It will be easy to find me.

Since Helstrom isn't in the MCU anymore does that mean it's no longer canon to the MCU?
It sets itself in Earth-199999, the Marvel Cinematic Universe. No offense, but I'd rather not discuss canon again. I'll just say, the show is intended to be in the MCU, it was envisioned as a standalone story in that world, an actor has said it is, it references the MCU, and the showrunner has said it's not apart of the MCU. Apparently it's "the darker part of that world" according to him, whatever that means.

The show will be on this timeline.

I really don't mean to start the debate, but took the time to properly analyze all the dispute around Helstrom in the MCU and wrote this. Maybe you will find it is a good conclusion.: https://marvelcinematicuniverse.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Marvelus/A_Marvel_Cinematic_Universe_Essay_–_Hulu's_Helstrom_status_in_the_wider_MCU
I know I've somewhat been on the opposing side regarding the canon debate, but eventually we're on the same side, so you might like what Sydney Lemmon says at the end of this video and add that to your essay ;)

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CG5XHrzlWPK/?igshid=o4ht9rx216fo

Hey! Did you link the right video? Because I don't really know if I missed something hehe.

Hey! Did you link the right video? Because I don't really know if I missed something hehe.
It's the "Face the demons" video with Tom and Sydney. At the end Sydney says "Marvel's Helstrom" instead of "Hulu's Helstrom". A small thing, but noteworthy nonetheless.

Oh! Hey not only that but Helstrom has been released in Disney+ in Indonesia, and it is titled as "Marvel's Helstrom" there too.
It's also an official video, not an instagram live or some interview. I would think if someone objected to calling it Marvel's, it would be removed from the video.

Yep, and not only that a fellow user friend (in that discussion I linked) posted a ss of the series in Disney+ and it is indeed titled as "Marvel's Helstrom". So it is interesting.

I feel like it's jumping the gun to say Helstrom is a darker MCU universe. More reasonable to just say it's in it's own bubble in the same universe.

I like to stay to the evidence. Despite all the rumours I will always defend canon because of several factos: Feige saying the Netflix series are part of the same universe, Feige addressing AoS as MCU continuity, Cloak & Dagger being first announced as presenting the MCU version of Cloak and Dagger, and Runaways connecting to the other shows, and Marvel Entertainment's last Tweet for next week that says how AoS was the point of convergence between the shows and films, mentioning Runaways and the films.

I am a very factual man. Those are facts. The only show that has been declared (whether we like it or not) to not be part of the MCU is Helstrom, however, also saying it is part of the MCU World, the MCU one-off, the MCU miracel baby. So it can be part of that world it is because it is part of the franchise, but not part of the canon of the films. That is evidence.

As an essay allows the writer to take liberties in interpretations I decided that the best option to have Helstrom as a part of the MCU world is by having it have its own little pocket of that world, out of the canon of the films and TV series, and being set in its darker version.

Do not worry, Helstrom will always be MCU canon, in the same sense "Team Thor" (confirmed to be a parallel universe to the MCU), "What If...?", and "Loki" are. The MCU is now expanding. So you won't have to remove Helstrom from anywhere.

I like to stay to the evidence. Despite all the rumours I will always defend canon because of several factos: Feige saying the Netflix series are part of the same universe, Feige addressing AoS as MCU continuity, Cloak & Dagger being first announced as presenting the MCU version of Cloak and Dagger, and Runaways connecting to the other shows, and Marvel Entertainment's last Tweet for next week that says how AoS was the point of convergence between the shows and films, mentioning Runaways and the films.

I am a very factual man. Those are facts. The only show that has been declared (whether we like it or not) to not be part of the MCU is Helstrom, however, also saying it is part of the MCU World, the MCU one-off, the MCU miracel baby. So it can be part of that world it is because it is part of the franchise, but not part of the canon of the films. That is evidence.

As an essay allows the writer to take liberties in interpretations I decided that the best option to have Helstrom as a part of the MCU world is by having it have its own little pocket of that world, out of the canon of the films and TV series, and being set in its darker version.

Do not worry, Helstrom will always be MCU canon, in the same sense "Team Thor" (confirmed to be a parallel universe to the MCU), "What If...?", and "Loki" are. The MCU is now expanding. So you won't have to remove Helstrom from anywhere.
Those are intended to be set in alternate universes closely related to the MCU. Helstrom being an alternate universe would make it as canon as Sam Raimi's Spider-Man films, yeah, technically in the same Marvel Comics Multiverse, but not truly connected. At least the items you've mentioned feature the same characters in a divergent timeline of MCU-Prime.

Helstrom being the darker part of that world was most likely not intended to suggest it's a separate universe. Being the darker part of that world refers to the MCU, Earth-199999 specifically, in my opinion. Otherwise, it's not part of the same world.

Including it on a watch order under the assumption it's an alternate universe is kinda like including Birds of Prey on a Arrowverse (Earth-Prime) watch through (or a certain wiki...) but not Smallville. Just my take.

Last edited:
You are wrong with one thing. While we know the MCU is part of the Marvel comics Multiverse, canon only MCU wise, for the MCU those universes are not connected to it. Until we see Maguire's universe being addressed in a MCU production, that universe is not a parallel universe to the MCU and is not part of its Multiverse. Only what we see in MCU material is canon-wise an universe connected to the main universe. That is why "What If...?" is completely different to Maguire.

I would kinda like to see someone make a walking dead timeline. Only including: Fear the Walking Dead, Flight 462, Passage, The Walking Dead, Walking Dead: Webisodes, Red Machete and World Beyond. I'm not worried bout the comics.

I would kinda like to see someone make a walking dead timeline. Only including: Fear the Walking Dead, Flight 462, Passage, The Walking Dead, Walking Dead: Webisodes, Red Machete and World Beyond. I'm not worried bout the comics.
The comics and the Telltale Games are their own, separate universe together.

Latest posts

Back