Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

I'm thinking of keeping WandaVision in the MCU's present day. Does anyone think I should list the episodes in their respective decades (1950s/1960s)?
Since the actual events of the show are present day, I'd leave them there. Maybe just put the decades in abbreviations. For example, for Episode 1 I'd do (1961) since the calendar makes it easy to place. With Episode 2 I'd do (Mid-60s) since Bewitched premiered in 1964 and switched to color in 1966.

I'm thinking of keeping WandaVision in the MCU's present day. Does anyone think I should list the episodes in their respective decades (1950s/1960s)?

It's definitely present day. The 50's/60's thing is either a simulation or reality distortion. The fact that we saw
SWORD watching the 'show'
is evidence enough it should be present day, I think.

The first episode is officially confirmed to be set in the 50s, so it is August 23, 1950 within that reality. And episode 2 is officially set in the 60s, hence why they changed a few stuff. Episode 3 is in the 70s. Episode 4 should be in the 80s, or probably the 70s too.

The first episode is officially confirmed to be set in the 50s, so it is August 23, 1950 within that reality. And episode 2 is officially set in the 60s, hence why they changed a few stuff. Episode 3 is in the 70s. Episode 4 should be in the 80s, or probably the 70s too.
Where are you getting that it's officially confirmed to be set in the 50s? The main show referenced was Dick Van Dyke which didn't air until 1961 which the calendar matches. I see both Episode 1 & 2 as the 60s. Episode 1 is the early 60s and Episode 2 is the mid-late 60s.

Since this show was technically going to come out late 2020, would it be reasonable to assume that the current day stuff might be September-November 2024? Somewhere around there perhaps?

Since this show was technically going to come out late 2020, would it be reasonable to assume that the current day stuff might be September-November 2024? Somewhere around there perhaps?
With Spider-Man 3 set pics pretty much confirming it's around Christmas 2024, I don't think WandaVision would be too far before. I'd wait until we get more evidence in the present-day scenes though.

Since Hawkeye is being placed in November 2024 right now, don't we already know The Falcon and the Winter Soldier is set in November 2023?
the-falcon-and-the-winter-soldier-after-avengers-endgame-1.jpg

Where are you getting that it's officially confirmed to be set in the 50s? The main show referenced was Dick Van Dyke which didn't air until 1961 which the calendar matches. I see both Episode 1 & 2 as the 60s. Episode 1 is the early 60s and Episode 2 is the mid-late 60s.
The last featurette has the showrunner saying the show picks up in the 50s like comedy. All official reports say the first episode is in 1950s and the second one in the 60s. When you say 1950s you mean 1950-1959 so it is an episode "set" in August 23, 1950.

So nothing in WandaVision conflicts with non-Marvel Studios shows thus far, right?
Of course not.

Daredevil, remember? ;)

Also Edwin Jarvis, WHiH Newsfront, Captain Marvel's quinjet set, Blackout retroactively and the Wakanda Files. It's all Marvel Studios media referencing the shows.

Theres also Marvel Studios changing their story to fit with the tv shows. Tilda Johnson and Linda for instance.

Kevin Feige has confirmed they're canon too, even recently in regards to the Netflix shows.

Last edited:
Of course not.

Daredevil, remember? ;)

Also Edwin Jarvis, WHiH Newsfront, Captain Marvel's quinjet set, Blackout retroactively and the Wakanda Files. It's all Marvel Studios media referencing the shows.

Theres also Marvel Studios changing their story to fit with the tv shows. Tilda Johnson and Linda for instance.

Kevin Feige has confirmed they're canon too, even recently in regards to the Netflix shows.
Blackout is just Captain Marvel reusing the same actor. There's no way it can be Daniels. For one he would have been in his 20s during Captain Marvel yet looks the same as he does on Agents of SHIELD. Also, I doubt they would intentionally put him in the movie for literally a few seconds without any confirmation of who he is. Captain Marvel also reused an actor who previously played an ATCU agent as a medical examiner during the Skrull autopsy.

Jarvis was due to Feige actually being a producer on Agent Carter along with Markus and McFeely being the showrunners and Joe Russo directing an episode. If any show was going to be referenced by the movies, Agent Carter always made the most sense from an outside perspective.

The last featurette has the showrunner saying the show picks up in the 50s like comedy. All official reports say the first episode is in 1950s and the second one in the 60s. When you say 1950s you mean 1950-1959 so it is an episode "set" in August 23, 1950.
But sitcoms weren't really huge until I Love Lucy in 51. When they say it's a 50s like comedy, I believe that's because Dick Van Dyke still fit in that era even though it first aired in 1961. I think 1961 makes more sense. Especially when you consider the calendar matching 1961 was probably an intentional reference to Dick Van Dyke premiering that year.

Inb4 Nick Fury meets Coulson again at some point and says "You came back from the dead - TWICE - and your team was just as lucky. My ass got dusted."

That would be great.

My hopes are generalized. Not for any particular moment I envision. I'm an open-minded, passionate fan by nature and it takes A LOT to disappoint me.

You didn't have to respond if you disagreed, but you chose to.

Latest posts

Back