Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

Mind control, blue, soap, pocket reality? That's 4 coincidences.
Hydra's known for mind control outside of Agents of SHIELD and literally them giving Wanda powers allows her to mind control others, we don't see the actual soap and have no idea if it's blue, and the Framework and Wanda's world both being pocket realities doesn't mean they're connected. If Marvel Studios was going to specifically reference the show, I think they'd put in something more concrete. Sure it's a nice coincidence that works but I still doubt it was intentional.

Now that SWORD has arrived, perhaps we could put the deleted scene of Thor (2011) on the timeline. It is about founding SWORD, which was created in part by Selvig.
In principle, Darcy will work for SWORD now. If not, why not? There's a place on the timeline.
Thor deleted scene:
""

Now that SWORD has arrived, perhaps we could put the deleted scene of Thor (2011) on the timeline. It is about founding SWORD, which was created in part by Selvig.
In principle, Darcy will work for SWORD now. If not, why not? There's a place on the timeline.
Thor deleted scene:
""

Deleted scenes aren't canon. Maybe similar events, but it's a principle. If one is canon, all of them are except the ones that are contradicted, but they're not in the film in the first place.

It's the same reason that The Incredible Hulk's attempted suicide deleted scene isn't on the timeline.

Ok, I just don't understand why not.
In Avengers (2012), Banner tells the suicide story, so the Hulk's canceled intro could go on the timeline (Just before the movie).
The same is true of Thor. If you do not object, you must add to the universe with it.

Ok, I just don't understand why not.
In Avengers (2012), Banner tells the suicide story, so the Hulk's canceled intro could go on the timeline (Just before the movie).
The same is true of Thor. If you do not object, you must add to the universe with it.
Deleted scenes are never canon. Aspects from them may be added later on, but that doesn't mean the scenes themselves are canon. Plus I doubt that the SWORD we now have in the MCU has been there since Thor. I'm sure as we get more information, this scene will be contradicted.

Don't forget the Thor credit scene, which had nothing to do with the Avengers. Only if we explain it. But this is a canon. There's an important missed scene at the Avengers in which Loki notices he lost his scepter. Deleted scenes aren't, were they deleted because they were shocking and would it take a longer action? It would be very canon otherwise it would not be on DVD or Blu Ray. Keep in mind that many directors cut are made up of deleted scenes.
I accept everything, only these will be included in my own timeline. Peace.

Don't forget the Thor credit scene, which had nothing to do with the Avengers. Only if we explain it. But this is a canon. There's an important missed scene at the Avengers in which Loki notices he lost his scepter. Deleted scenes aren't, were they deleted because they were shocking and would it take a longer action? It would be very canon otherwise it would not be on DVD or Blu Ray. Keep in mind that many directors cut are made up of deleted scenes.
I accept everything, only these will be included in my own timeline. Peace.
And directer cuts are completely different than deleted scenes by themselves. They're included as special features as fun extras not to somehow say this also happened but was just cut. They aren't meant to be considered canon to the official movie. Otherwise they would have been in the movie.

Fans connected the most recent commercial for Hydra Soak to an episode of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., which would be one of the few times the MCU has connected back to those Marvel shows. Was that an intentional connection? Are they sniffing in the right spots there?

This is where I'm going to talk about something entirely different. What can we talk about? [Laughs] It rained yesterday!

https://www.etonline.com/jac-schaeffer-wandavision-interview-159521

After the footage from today's exclusive clip, For now I'm guessing that WandaVision is at some point in Fall 2024. Placing it after the events of Far From Home and a few months before the events of Spider-Man 3, which it will tie-in with. Hopefully the show will give us something a little more concrete.

After the footage from today's exclusive clip, For now I'm guessing that WandaVision is at some point in Fall 2024. Placing it after the events of Far From Home and a few months before the events of Spider-Man 3, which it will tie-in with. Hopefully the show will give us something a little more concrete.
Or Fall 2023, which is better for Wanda having recently lost Vision.

Or Fall 2023, which is better for Wanda having recently lost Vision.
She could easily still be grieving almost a year later. I think the closest WandaVision is to Spider-Man 3 and Multiverse of Madness the better.

Fair enough. Though, it's been stated that WandaVision picks up right after the events of Avengers: Endgame.
"[WandaVision] picks up right after the events of [Avengers:] Endgame, and for Monica, it's obviously years later from when we saw her as a girl in Captain Marvel," Parris notes. As the series unfolds and (judging by the trailer) transitions into some rather different, "we get to find out what's been happening with her over those years that we missed, how she's grown and evolved."

Not saying it's final, but we'll have to wait and see.

Fair enough. Though, it's been stated that WandaVision picks up right after the events of Avengers: Endgame.
"[WandaVision] picks up right after the events of [Avengers:] Endgame, and for Monica, it's obviously years later from when we saw her as a girl in Captain Marvel," Parris notes. As the series unfolds and (judging by the trailer) transitions into some rather different, "we get to find out what's been happening with her over those years that we missed, how she's grown and evolved."

Not saying it's final, but we'll have to wait and see.
I don't think they literally mean right after. We were told the same thing about Far From Home and it ended up being 8 months later.

So much wrong with this. It's scary to think how many people are going to look at it as being accurate. :rolleyes: Got to love the comments that Homecoming, an admitted mistake by Feige is right and Endgame and the Russos placing Avengers in 2012 is what's wrong.

Last edited:
Episode 4 of WandaVision seems to confirm it's about a few weeks after the blip. So, good call @Pro Bot. I'm starting to think the ramifications of the show aren't going to be too strong right away to the overall MCU, since Spider-Man 3 and Doctor Strange 2 are still over a year away from the timeline at this point. Looks like things will be more gradual. BTW, the opening scene of the episode is incredible.

So much wrong with this. It's scary to think how many people are going to look at it as being accurate. :rolleyes: Got to love the comments that Homecoming, an admitted mistake by Feige is right and Endgame and the Russos placing Avengers in 2012 is what's wrong.

Avengers: Endgame "2012", "2013", "2014".

2014 + 9 years = 2023

2023 - 5 years = 2018

See? I've already worked it out with commonsense.

Avengers: Endgame "2012", "2013", "2014".

2014 + 9 years = 2023

2023 - 5 years = 2018

See? I've already worked it out with commonsense.
This video's only a few weeks old and I'm sure this guy has seen Endgame, but yeah let's throw away it and all the other hard evidence these movies have given us to try and make 8 years later, an admitted mistake work. I don't think this guy did any actual research. He said the movies don't really mention years, yet you have plenty of examples that do. Whether it be Endgame with the evidence you've mentioned, Iron Man 3 being 13 years after New Year's Eve 1999, Guardians of the Galaxy being 26 years after 1988, or Vol 2. being 34 years after 1988.

Latest posts

Back