Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

My partner spotted this too!

It seems really unnecessary to blame Loki though. Marvel might be "the world outside your window," but its tech has always been a little ahead of ours.

It is a fictional universe, stuff that happened in our timeline, may have taken place earlier in the MCU timeline. It doesn't break continuity, it is like saying if COVID19 isn't mentioned in the MCU then it breaks continuity. There is no correlation.

Well shit, that's definitely a different Darkhold.

I know that wasn't likely going to end up being Quicksilver from the X-Men universe, but a BONER joke on top of that has to be intentional trolling.

I'm glad it's not Quicksilver from Fox, it would be ridiculousand unnecessary. But darkhold, shit... another ammo for purists. I hope we will find out more about the book in Doctor Strange.

It's just a redesign for it to look more cinematic. Nothing huge, especially when Daredevil shows up.
Darkhold_Comics-4.png
Darkhold_MCU-2.png

I held out hope that it wasn't actually the Darkhold, but alas...

I can justify it for myself, I guess; It was a point that the Darkhold changed it's contents based on the native language the reader had, so it could do that with its cover too. In fact, like Pro Bot shows above, in AoS we see it used to look different as well.

I hope that they don't go into the history of the Darkhold in other shows/movies. Not just because it might contradict what we already know, but as it is right now, if someone asks "What is the Darkhold?", you can redirect them to AoS and have that as its origins.

What line in the show insinuated that? That's my guess as well, but I'm just curious.
I'm not sure, I haven't watched the episodes in a while. But like Pro Bot pointed out, one of the episodes showed an old drawing of the book and it looked different.

What line in the show insinuated that? That's my guess as well, but I'm just curious.
Like Pro Bot and Joshjodalton mentioned, the drawing looks different from the physical Darkhold.
The contents of the book are also shown to change, with the scientists that found it seeing English and German text, and AIDA seeing binary code.

It just occured to me, in the comics, several wizards or demons took possession of the Darkhold and added more knowledge on it, also notes, and other stuff. Maybe Agatha entered in possession of the Darkhold and added more notes, and fueled it with Dark Magic and that is why it looks different?

I mean I think it's pretty clear the reason the book looks different is because they weren't considering the book's prior history with Marvel Television when creating it for WandaVision. Fans can still work around it though. Feige may never come out and say the shows aren't canon but I feel like more contradictions like this will continue to arise. For example, I'm still not convinced that Charlie Cox in No Way Home will exactly be the Matt we see in Daredevil. Plus if Ms. Marvel is in fact an Inhuman, I feel like they'll act as if it's the first time the general public is aware of them.

I mean I think it's pretty clear the reason the book looks different is because they weren't considering the book's prior history with Marvel Television when creating it for WandaVision. Fans can still work around it though. Feige may never come out and say the shows aren't canon but I feel like more contradictions like this will continue to arise. For example, I'm still not convinced that Charlie Cox in No Way Home will exactly be the Matt we see in Daredevil. Plus if Ms. Marvel is in fact an Inhuman, I feel like they'll act as if it's the first time the general public is aware of them.
Considering how bad the Inhumans show actually is...it may be most people's first time...anyway.

I mean... it will be the exact same Matt we saw in Daredevil, as Cox said it, they wouldn't bring him back if it wasn't his version. Just as Edwin Jarvis is the same version we saw in Agent Carter, even if there was the slightest retcon, when people saw Evan Peters a lot of them rewatched the Fox-Men films, when they see Cox they will rewatch the Daredevil series and realize it is MCU connected, and it was announced as an MCU TV show. It is a dead end.

If they contradicted (retconned AoU line about the death of the Maximoffs), they can retcon whatever they want.

Something funny, while the new Darkhold redesign has no ambigram, it has a figure that looks the same from both directions xD

I mean... it will be the exact same Matt we saw in Daredevil, as Cox said it, they wouldn't bring him back if it wasn't his version. Just as Edwin Jarvis is the same version we saw in Agent Carter, even if there was the slightest retcon, when people saw Evan Peters a lot of them rewatched the Fox-Men films, when they see Cox they will rewatch the Daredevil series and realize it is MCU connected, and it was announced as an MCU TV show. It is a dead end.

If they contradicted (retconned AoU line about the death of the Maximoffs), they can retcon whatever they want.
I still feel like Jarvis is entirely different given that Feige, Markus & McFeely, and even Joe Russo had some role with Agent Carter. I still feel like there's a possibility that Feige is using Cox simply because he liked him in the role. That doesn't necessarily mean he sees everything Netflix did with the character as canon.

I still feel like Jarvis is entirely different given that Feige, Markus & McFeely, and even Joe Russo had some role with Agent Carter. I still feel like there's a possibility that Feige is using Cox simply because he liked him in the role. That doesn't necessarily mean he sees everything Netflix did with the character as canon.
Marvel Studios people have been involved in the making of several shows like AoS, Daredevil, Inhumans (Yes), Agent Carter, and other stuff.

AC and AoS are like a package deal, with Jarvis there. That is it... An old statement from Feige saying they had the Netflix shows in the same continuity as the films resurfaced last week I suggest you check that.

Latest posts

Back