Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

So on the timeline, the same portion of The Winter Soldier appears twice. It's the flashback to Bucky and Steve talking after his mothers funeral. One date says October 1936 and the other says June 1941. The timestamp is 1:32:30-1:33:19. Which is correct? :)

I only see the 1936 date (which would be the right one).

Y'all gonna hate me soon, but I found an inconsistency in the timeline. The two Agents of SHIELD clips in March 1945 from S02e01 and S02e08. In the first clip in the timeline, Dr. Whitehall tells his subordinate not to fear Red Skull,, as he is dead (2x08). He's quite chill about it. However in the next clip (2x01), he himself is informed of Red Skulls death and seems quite shocked about it. The first clip is when they bring out the Obelisk. In the second clip, they are well into using it even though its been taken from them by Peggy.

Are the clips simply the wrong way around on the timeline?

Y'all gonna hate me soon, but I found an inconsistency in the timeline. The two Agents of SHIELD clips in March 1945 from S02e01 and S02e08. In the first clip in the timeline, Dr. Whitehall tells his subordinate not to fear Red Skull,, as he is dead (2x08). He's quite chill about it. However in the next clip (2x01), he himself is informed of Red Skulls death and seems quite shocked about it. The first clip is when they bring out the Obelisk. In the second clip, they are well into using it even though its been taken from them by Peggy.

Are the clips simply the wrong way around on the timeline?
2x01 is when he's arrested, 2x08 is when he gets informed the Red Skull is dead.

2x01 is when he's arrested, 2x08 is when he gets informed the Red Skull is dead.

Yeah my bad. I guess I should stop looking at this timeline when I'm over tired because I swear blind those clips were back to front on the timeline. I know for sure the Winter Soldier bit was in there twice before but don't trust my memory on this one lol.

"It's my impression that this is the MCU Darkhold," she says. "The only thing I can really say about it is that it's the Book of the Damned, and there's a whole chapter on the Scarlet Witch in there along with a lot of prophecy language. Other projects will tell you more, probably."
Oh boy. This is going to be interesting...

Reactions: Dok
Not to worry, apparently she's clueless in every interview. She didn't know who Mephisto was while making the show, dispite Wiccan and Speed literally coming from him. She probably forgot about Age of Ultron's dinner scene.

I bet she was thinking "what is Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.", and simply didn't know what it is.

Basically, she doesn't do any research.

Not to worry, apparently she's clueless in every interview. She didn't know who Mephisto was while making the show, dispite Wiccan and Speed literally coming from him. She probably forgot about Age of Ultron's dinner scene.

I bet she was thinking "what is Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.", and simply didn't know what it is.

Basically, she doesn't do any research.

Like I said before, it's how you frame her answer.
Because the article says:
But Schaeffer says those previous versions don't overlap with this one, which will likely disappoint S.H.I.E.L.D. fans who have long hoped to see that series brought into mainline MCU canon.
Which, I assume, she did not say directly, but is based on this comment that follows it:
"It's my impression that this is the MCU Darkhold," she says. "The only thing I can really say about it is that it's the Book of the Damned, and there's a whole chapter on the Scarlet Witch in there along with a lot of prophecy language. Other projects will tell you more, probably."
So, the article assumes Schaeffer means to say it's a Marvel Studios Darkhold, invalidating the tv shows.

But strictly speaking, has MCU not always meant Marvel Studios + Marvel TV? (At least on here)

Considering the other article she did after the Hydra Soak commerical, where she was asked about Agents of SHIELD, I can only think she meant:
This is the MCU Darkhold, the one native to the MCU, the one we know, and not a new one.
She then says it has a chapter about Scarlet Witch in it, but there's more in it. Other projects will tell you more, probably. ("Probably", because she hasn't watched the shows.) Presumably, she meant AoS and Runaways with those other projects.

Like I said before, it's how you frame her answer.
Because the article says:

Which, I assume, she did not say directly, but is based on this comment that follows it:

So, the article assumes Schaeffer means to say it's a Marvel Studios Darkhold, invalidating the tv shows.

But strictly speaking, has MCU not always meant Marvel Studios + Marvel TV? (At least on here)

Considering the other article she did after the Hydra Soak commerical, where she was asked about Agents of SHIELD, I can only think she meant:
This is the MCU Darkhold, the one native to the MCU, the one we know, and not a new one.
She then says it has a chapter about Scarlet Witch in it, but there's more in it. Other projects will tell you more, probably. ("Probably", because she hasn't watched the shows.) Presumably, she meant AoS and Runaways with those other projects.
When she says "other properties" I think she's talking about upcoming stuff where the book will play a role like Doctor Strange 2 and perhaps stuff like Blade.

When she says "other properties" I think she's talking about upcoming stuff where the book will play a role like Doctor Strange 2 and perhaps stuff like Blade.
Oh, I have no doubt it'll show up in the supernatural side of the movies/shows, but Schaeffer saying "possibly" is a little weird considering her show is the one to use he Darkhold to kick off this story arc. I would assume she'd been told what is going to happen with it

With projects she is talking about the shows she has been asked about, while she might know the Darkhold will be in DSitMoM, I doubt she knows about it being in Blade. So yes, she is talking about the shows AoS and R, those projects.

[A13G10]
If they contradicted (retconned AoU line about the death of the Maximoffs), they can retcon whatever they want.

I don't think anything was really retconned, just elaborated on. The kids thought the bomb was a dud (mentioned in WandaVision) but it turns out it was stopped by an early version of Wanda's powers.

[TheAnimeSlayer]
What are these detailed timelines for because they would be quite hard to watch wouldn't they?

Some people have actually made edits of all the movies and shows in this order. I want to do it myself, but more and more the non "Marvel Studios" stuff is getting harder to justify as canon, especially the Netflix stuff and the "re-actoring" (word I just made up meaning opposite of recasting) of two Luke Cage actors in "other" MCU projects. That and the fact that I think a "real" Marvel Studios Defenders and Punisher would probably be PG-13.

Anyone else relieved that Evan Peters wasn't THAT Quicksilver, making the Fox X-Men (besides Daredevil) exist in the MCU? I don't want the MCU multiverse to be like the DC multiverse where "everything" is canon. I'm 90% certain that Evan Peters, JK Simmons, Alfred Molina, Jamie Foxx and even Charlie Cox are "different" than the previous versions.

That is not the retcon I was talking about. According to AoU They were having dinner,the shell hit below and a big hole swallowed the parents. In the show, they were watching sitcoms, the shell hit above and buried the parents alive, there is no hole to be seen later on.

I don't think anything was really retconned, just elaborated on. The kids thought the bomb was a dud (mentioned in WandaVision) but it turns out it was stopped by an early version of Wanda's powers.

Some people have actually made edits of all the movies and shows in this order. I want to do it myself, but more and more the non "Marvel Studios" stuff is getting harder to justify as canon, especially the Netflix stuff and the "re-actoring" (word I just made up meaning opposite of recasting) of two Luke Cage actors in "other" MCU projects. That and the fact that I think a "real" Marvel Studios Defenders and Punisher would probably be PG-13.

Anyone else relieved that Evan Peters wasn't THAT Quicksilver, making the Fox X-Men (besides Daredevil) exist in the MCU? I don't want the MCU multiverse to be like the DC multiverse where "everything" is canon. I'm 90% certain that Evan Peters, JK Simmons, Alfred Molina, Jamie Foxx and even Charlie Cox are "different" than the previous versions.
Sadly I agree about the canon part, they really don't care and it is disheartening. While Feige wasn't involved with the series he definitely pushed on the idea those shows were in the same continuity even after the conflict with Perlmutter. He keeps playing coy and is a nightmare to me that he isn't clear about the shows status. If he is going to take them out of canon then just do it... Don't be a coward and say it, it is not like you are going to be hated by a majority. A lot of people is giving up and those who followed the shows completely are just roughly 1% of the main audience.

I am frustrated, the Darkhold redesign doesn't bother me, it bothers me that they didn't even investigate if it was used before... That is an amount of disrespect. It is confirmed that Marvel Studios allowed Marvel TV to use some characters, plots and ítems as long as they did not contradict the MCU continuity. So they allowed them to be set in that universe.

It would suck if Cox is portraying a brand new Daredevil because his Daredevil was conceived as MCU Daredevil. Even team from MS helped to develop the suit for the Netflix series.

That is not the retcon I was talking about. According to AoU They were having dinner,the shell hit below and a big hole swallowed the parents. In the show, they were watching sitcoms, the shell hit above and buried the parents alive, there is no hole to be seen later on.
Oh I don't remember that. Will have to watch Ultron again.

Sadly I agree about the canon part, they really don't care and it is disheartening. While Feige wasn't involved with the series he definitely pushed on the idea those shows were in the same continuity even after the conflict with Perlmutter. He keeps playing coy and is a nightmare to me that he isn't clear about the shows status. If he is going to take them out of canon then just do it... Don't be a coward and say it, it is not like you are going to be hated by a majority. A lot of people is giving up and those who followed the shows completely are just roughly 1% of the main audience.

I am frustrated, the Darkhold redesign doesn't bother me, it bothers me that they didn't even investigate if it was used before... That is an amount of disrespect. It is confirmed that Marvel Studios allowed Marvel TV to use some characters, plots and ítems as long as they did not contradict the MCU continuity. So they allowed them to be set in that universe.

It would suck if Cox is portraying a brand new Daredevil because his Daredevil was conceived as MCU Daredevil. Even team from MS helped to develop the suit for the Netflix series.
Is there some legal stuff that prevents Marvel Studios from reading the MCU wiki, I wonder? Going there would help a lot.

Latest posts

Back