Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

Will Shang Chi and Eternals Prelude tie in comics? Is there any news about these?
They will undoubtedly both get one. Nothing announced yet, though.

While looking into that, I found a thread on the MCU wiki mentioning the Thor Ragnarok and Black Panther junior novels have special short stories in them, similar like the one in the GotG Vol. 2 Deluxe junior novel (however, that one advertised it).

Can anyone confirm this is true, and whether there are more? The wiki does have an entry to a story I've never seen before, so I'm very interested to see if there's more I've missed:
https://marvelcinematicuniverse.fandom.com/wiki/Black_Panther:_The_Junior_Novel

I don't know if there are more, but there are those two. I have the epubs for both junior novels. These are the cards for the new stories. I don't know how I could get the epubs to someone who has the time and a better eye for timeline stuff, upload somewhere or email to someone, but I'd be willing to do either.

After looking through the ToC of the other junior novels, it doesn't look like they have them.

Attachments

• Art_P95.jpg
    Art_P95.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
  • Art_P101.jpg
    Art_P101.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 6
I don't know if there are more, but there are those two. I have the epubs for both junior novels. These are the cards for the new stories. I don't know how I could get the epubs to someone who has the time and a better eye for timeline stuff, upload somewhere or email to someone, but I'd be willing to do either.

After looking through the ToC of the other junior novels, it doesn't look like they have them.
I'd like the epubs if it's possible! See if it's worth adding them to my physical collection. I'll post my timeline notes here when I've read them.

You could use weshare, I think, or else I'll DM you my e-mail?

Slyonic and all members! This is the full list:

Kids adaptation / Novels:
Iron Man (2008) Novel
Iron Man A New Hero (2008)
Iron Man Teen Novelization (2008)
Iron Man The Junior Novel (2008)
Iron Man I am Iron Man - I Can Read! (2008)
The Incredible Hulk A Hero called the Hulk (2008)
The Incredible Hulk Movie Novel (2008)
The Incredible Hulk Larger than Life! (2008)
Iron Man 2 The Junior Novel (2010)
Iron Man 2 Meet the Black Widow (2010)
Iron Man 2 Novel (2010)
Iron Man 2 Iron Man´s Friends and Foes (2010)
Iron Man 2 Iron Man Fights Back (2010)
Iron Man 2 Iron Man vs Whiplash (2010)
Thor The Junior Novel (2011)
Thor Thor´s Revenge (2011)
Thor Attack on Asgard (2011)
Thor From Asgard to Earth
Thor Heroes and Villains (2011)
Captain America - The First Avenger The Junior Novel (2011)
Captain America - The First Avenger America´s Secret Weapon
Captain America - The First Avenger The Hydra Files (2011)
Captain America - The First Avenger Operation Super-Soldier (2011)
Captain America - The First Avenger The Great Escape
The Avengers Assemble Junior Novel
The Avengers: Assemble! (Level 2 World of Reading 2012)
The Avengers: The S.H.I.E.L.D Files
The Avengers: Battle Against Loki
The Avengers The Book of the Film
Iron Man 3 Junior Novel
Iron Man 3 Suits of Armor
Iron Man 3 Iron Man Fights Back
Iron Man 3 Book of the Film
Thor - The Dark World Junior Novel (2013)
Thor - The Dark World Heroes of Asgard
Thor - The Dark World Warriors of the Realms
Thor - The Dark World The Book of the Film
Captain America - Winter Soldier The Secret Files - The Junior Novel
Captain America - The Winter Soldier Falcon Takes Flight
Captain America - Winter Soldier Rescure at Sea
Captain America - The Winter Soldier Book of the Film
Guardians of the Galaxy The Junior Novel
Guardians of the Galaxy Friends and Foes
Guardians of the Galaxy Battle of Knowhere
Guardians of the Galaxy Rocket and Groot Fight Back
Avengers - Age of Ultron The Junior Novel
Avengers - Age of Ultron Friends and Foes
Avengers - Age of Ultron Hulk to the Rescue
Avengers - Age of Ultron Battle at Avengers Tower
Avengers - Age of Ultron Avengers Save the Day
Avengers - Age of Ultron Book of the Film
Ant-Man The Junior Novel
Ant-Man I am Ant-Man
Ant-Man The Amazing Adventures of Ant-Man
Ant-Man The Incredible Shrinking Suit
Ant-Man Book of the Film
Captain America - Civil War The Junior Novel
Captain America - Civil War Avengers Declassified
Captain America - Civil War Escape from Black Panther
Captain America - Civil War We are the Avengers
Captain America - Civil War The Rise of Crossbones
Captain America - Civil War Captain America versus Iron Man
Captain America - Civil War The Battle Begins!
Doctor Strange The Junior Novel
Doctor Strange The Beginning
Doctor Strange Strange Tales and Talismans
Doctor Strange I Am Doctor Strange
Doctor Strange The Path of Enlightenment
Doctor Strange The Sorcerer Supreme
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 The Deluxe Junior Novel
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 Book of the film
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 Meet the Team!
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 The Guardians Save the Day
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 The Return of Rocket and Groot
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 Rocket´s Rules
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 Revenge of the Ravagers
Spider-Man Homecoming Mayhem at the Monument
Spider-Man Homecoming The Tangled Web of Super Tech
Spider-Man The Junior Novel
Spider-Man Homecoming Meet Spidey
Spider-Man Homecoming The Book of the Film
Thor - Ragnarok The Legend of Thor
Thor - Ragnarok Thor vs Hulk
Thor - Ragnarok Into the Fire
Thor - Ragnarok Let the Battle Begin - Book of the Film
Thor - Ragnarok The Junior Novel
Thor - Ragnarok Get in the Ring!
Black Panther On the Prowl!
Black Panther The Junior Novel
Black Panther Meet Black Panther
Avengers: Infinity War The Journals
Avengers Infinity War Destiny Arrives
Ant-Man and the Wasp Escape from School
Captain Marvel What Makes a Hero
Spider-Man Far From Home: Spider-Man Swings Through Europe!

Inside look books:
Iron Man - Manual
Marvel Studios The First Ten Years The Definitive Story Behind the Blockbuster Studio
Moviemaking Magic of Marvel Studios
The Wakanda Files: A Technological Exploration of the Avengers and Beyond

Movie Special magazines (forgotten comics):
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 The Movie Special (Comic: Guardians of the Galaxy: Dream On #1)
Thor Ragnarok Official Movie Special (Comic: Thor Where walk the Frost Giants #)

Exklusive Storys:
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 Junior Novel
The Cosmic Quest Vol. 1
The Cosmic Quest Vol. 2
Thanos Titan Consumed
Avengers Infinity War: The Heroes Journey
Ant-Man and the Wasp the Heroes Journey
Captain Marvel Higher, Further, Faster
Captain Marvel Starforce on the Rise
Captain Marvel Starforce Mission Log
Avengers: Endgame The Pirate Angel, The Talking Tree, and Captain Rabbit
Spider-Man Peter and Ned´s Ultimate Travel Journal

I don't think most of them should be on the timeline. Can't really think of a reason other than that they're ''kid'' versions of the movies, which don't add any new information. Same could be said for the comic adaptions (although they do sometimes add a new scene), but those are included in the prelude comics and contain the red MCU stamp.
Others show behind the scenes of the movies, so no in-universe stories.

Here are a few I'd like to point out:
-Avengers: Infinity War The Journals: I bought this one and returned it. I believe it reference the Heroes' Journey story, but it wasn't anything interesting. I don't know if I ever commented on it here, but this one shouldn't really be considered for the timeline.
-Captain Marvel What Makes a Hero: I always see this when I search for new MCU novels, it's very child-oriented I believe, and doesn't contain a story?
-Spider-Man Far From Home: Spider-Man Swings Through Europe!: Same for this one, not sure what the story is though, probably a retelling of FFH.
-Iron Man - Manual: I'd like this on the timeline, it's similar to the Wakanda Files, and I believe it's written somewhere after Iron Man 3. I'll check if you want it on there @Lebnyx
-Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 The Movie Special (Comic: Guardians of the Galaxy: Dream On #1)
Thor Ragnarok Official Movie Special (Comic: Thor Where walk the Frost Giants #): Haven't heard of these two, anyone know about them?
-Captain Marvel Starforce Mission Log: Anyone have a epub for this one? Want to know if I should put it in my collection and whether it can be added to the timeline.

-Iron Man - Manual: I'd like this on the timeline, it's similar to the Wakanda Files, and I believe it's written somewhere after Iron Man 3. I'll check if you want it on there @Lebnyx
I'll check the books to see which ones can be added, but does this one contain any new stories, or just information on the mythos?

I've uploaded them to https://ufile.io/f/hrxkt, it says they'll be there for 30 days. And for Starforce Mission Log, I don't think it was ever released digitally, I can't even find a digital version of it to buy. Same with the GotG Vol 2 Junior Novel that has the bonus story.
Amazing, thank you!

I'll check the books to see which ones can be added, but does this one contain any new stories, or just information on the mythos?
JARVIS creates a briefing for Pepper to summarize all the different technological advancements that have happened over the past years (similar to what Shuri did) and how it shaped Stark Industries (So TFA, IM, IM2, Avengers and IM3). There's some information that you can't find in the movies, like why Pepper is called "Pepper" (since her actual name is Virginia).

The briefing takes place at least after January 22nd 2014, because there's a S.H.I.E.L.D. file in there with that date.

Regarding "Loki", do we think it's going to be set 100% in 2012 after the events of "The Avengers"?

Amazing, thank you!

JARVIS creates a briefing for Pepper to summarize all the different technological advancements that have happened over the past years (similar to what Shuri did) and how it shaped Stark Industries (So TFA, IM, IM2, Avengers and IM3). There's some information that you can't find in the movies, like why Pepper is called "Pepper" (since her actual name is Virginia).

The briefing takes place at least after January 22nd 2014, because there's a S.H.I.E.L.D. file in there with that date.
I'll check it out.

Regarding "Loki", do we think it's going to be set 100% in 2012 after the events of "The Avengers"?
There are scenes in the trailers where he is in Pompeii in 79 AD, and is posing as D.B. Cooper in presumably 1971, so it'll be set in different time periods.

I'll check it out.

There are scenes in the trailers where he is in Pompeii in 79 AD, and is posing as D.B. Cooper in presumably 1971, so it'll be set in different time periods.
Right, I guess I just mean the framing/bookends of the series will most likely be set in 2012.

Right, I guess I just mean the framing/bookends of the series will most likely be set in 2012.
An insider from well over a year ago was told that
Loki's show ends (after season 1 or after multiple seasons I am not sure anymore) that he will fall through the multiverse with Thor's Hammer and land at the beginning of Thor: Love and Thunder so the MCU can actually have a hammer to give to Jane for the film.

There's two videos on the extras section of Black Panther on Disney+ that should be added to the timeline. They're called "Come to Wakanda - Before" and "Come to Wakanda - After". First one is an in-universe advertisement for Wakanda from 1988, and the other one is an advertisement from after Black Panther when they've opened the border.

Similarly, Ant-Man and the Wasp has an in-universe advertisement for the online close-up magic university.

Can't find them on Youtube, unfortunately, so you'll have to check for yourselves.

Also, the Sharon Carter security cam footage from episode 3 on the visit Madripoor website should be on the timeline too, right?

@Lebnyx

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back