Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

I'll probably only add them if they have new material. The comics are added because they have the "Marvel Cinematic Universe official tie-in" logo.
What do you/we consider as new material? Stuff like the prologue or stuff like extended scenes? Just so we can keep an eye out for that stuff

Which one? The prologue or extended scenes? :p
Because I'm pretty sure most junior novels have extended scenes, which personally I wouldn't all want on the timeline
I wasn't aware that most of them had extended scenes. In that case, just if they have additional scenes not present in the movie.

Just something I got, in the Assembled episode in the Smithsonian set, you can actually read some descriptions of events and it says that Cap was found 66 years after his final mission in 1945, which puts the end of The First Avenger in 2011, and evidently Fury's Big Week in 2010, as the official canon comic says Steve is found one year later. That retroactively puts Iron Man in 2009 as we have official promotional material that puts Iron Man 2 beginning in May 2010.

Just in case you were looking for some timeline info.

The descriptions also confirm S.H.I.E.L.D. is active during the 2015-2018 period. Now with the FFH material, it seems Marvel Studios is preparing the ground for S.H.I.E.L.D.'s return, whether it is in the form of Fury's group or not.

Just something I got, in the Assembled episode in the Smithsonian set, you can actually read some descriptions of events and it says that Cap was found 66 years after his final mission in 1945, which puts the end of The First Avenger in 2011, and evidently Fury's Big Week in 2010, as the official canon comic says Steve is found one year later. That retroactively puts Iron Man in 2009 as we have official promotional material that puts Iron Man 2 beginning in May 2010.

Just in case you were looking for some timeline info.

The descriptions also confirm S.H.I.E.L.D. is active during the 2015-2018 period. Now with the FFH material, it seems Marvel Studios is preparing the ground for S.H.I.E.L.D.'s return, whether it is in the form of Fury's group or not.
I think it all depends on what evidence you want to go by. When it comes to the Fury's Big Week comic, they probably intended for Steve to be found in 2012 shortly before The Avengers. Plus you have stuff like The Avengers (absolutely confirmed as 2012) referring to the events of Thor as being a year prior and in The Dark World, Darcy mentioning Thor being gone for 2 years (I think it's pretty clear the line is meant to mean the time Thor wasn't in contact with Jane and therefore doesn't include the events of The Avengers). I personally feel that Fury's Big Week in 2011 makes the most sense when considering the in-film evidence.

I'm sure the Smithsonian description was just them looking at The First Avenger releasing in 2011 and simply placing it there. The same way Vision's 8 years line in Civil War was most likely going off the movie having been released 8 years prior.

Either way, I think stuff like promotional material, tie-in comics, and background descriptions, while helpful, aren't something that is as concrete as the evidence the movies and shows themselves give.

If it isn't delayed again, we should have our official movie timeline in October in The First Ten Years book.

Is there going to be a more detailed breakdown of Falcon and WS? I personally don't think two months is long enough for the whole series to take place. Gotta be AT LEAST 5-6 months. They didn't just give Walker the shield and the next day he was an expert with it, for example.

In a now deleted tweet (1 hour a go), Nate Moore confirmed that all the previous Marvel TV Shows are no longer canon....

but...

Nate Moore confirms the ABC & Netflix shows are NOT connected to the main MCU. ---> "main MCU"

renderTimingPixel.png

Is there going to be a more detailed breakdown of Falcon and WS? I personally don't think two months is long enough for the whole series to take place. Gotta be AT LEAST 5-6 months. They didn't just give Walker the shield and the next day he was an expert with it, for example.
I agree that it probably takes place over longer than a month, so I edited it to go into May.

Hoskins says in episode 2 that he and Walker were preparing for a special ops mission two weeks ago, so Walker becoming Captain America happened within the last two weeks, and he's perfectly capable of using it in battle against the Flag Smashers shortly after. If he can train with the shield in two weeks without the serum, then Sam can probably do the same.

If Sharon takes a couple of weeks to recover from being shot by Karli, the mid-credits scene can also comfortably be placed in May without any problem.

Last edited:
In a now deleted tweet (1 hour a go), Nate Moore confirmed that all the previous Marvel TV Shows are no longer canon....

but...

Nate Moore confirms the ABC & Netflix shows are NOT connected to the main MCU. ---> "main MCU"

renderTimingPixel.png

Where? Lol

Sorry. I copied it from 2 pages. Of course, I also want everything to be part of the MCU.

Sorry. I copied it from 2 pages. Of course, I also want everything to be part of the MCU.
But what you shared doesn't really mean anything. It is something we already knew. Moore is literally calling the Disney+ shows the television universe and the films the cinematic universe. And he says it is all TRULY connected for the first time. He is not wrong. It is the truth.

Official Spiderman 3. picture tie in book -> "Spider man No Way Home Spider Man Very Strange Day Tie in Book"

Updated with the new titles and release dates:

Black Panther - Wakanda Forever: July 8, 2022
The Marvels: November 11, 2022
Ant-Man and the Wasp - Quantumania: February 17, 2023
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3: May 5, 2023

Last edited:
Reactions: Dok
He linked a tweet that had the part from Assembled where Moore talks about the MCU finally interweaving with the TV universe.

So yeah, no confirmation at all.
Funny, because that was acknowledging that there were shows before Disney+, but now they're able to fully connect movies and tv. If anything, that suggests they are Marvel Cinematic Universe.

But what you shared doesn't really mean anything. It is something we already knew. Moore is literally calling the Disney+ shows the television universe and the films the cinematic universe. And he says it is all TRULY connected for the first time. He is not wrong. It is the truth.
I get that they are saying it is more interwoven now but to clam that Agents of Shield wasn't truly connected? (Granted it hasn't been since Age of Ultron but still)

Latest posts

Back