Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

I think it's an unnecessary headache. The TVA exists outside of time and I think it's best to just keep those scenes as their own thing like they currently are.
I wonder if its possible to determine how many "days" the series takes place over the course of in general.

I wonder if its possible to determine how many "days" the series takes place over the course of in general.
I just don't see why you would need to. With the TVA existing outside of time, I don't think anything you could come up with would be accurate anyway.

Well, we do know the TVA scenes in episode one are set in October of 2023. I think it's safe to assume that as soon as the Avengers returned from their time heist, the TVA was alerted and traveled to 2012 to get Loki. So we do have 2023 as a frame of reference.

Well, we do know the TVA scenes in episode one are set in October of 2023. I think it's safe to assume that as soon as the Avengers returned from their time heist, the TVA was alerted and traveled to 2012 to get Loki. So we do have 2023 as a frame of reference.
Yeah, but I think that's all we need. I don't think the specifics on how many days pass are that important. Especially when we can't say for certain.

Yeah, but I think that's all we need. I don't think the specifics on how many days pass are that important. Especially when we can't say for certain.
Understood. Regarding the BW post-credit's scene...

I think our current best bet placement is November of 2023. That gives time for Yelena to have had multiple visits after Nat's death in October. The weather in Ohio for November may not be as cold as more northern parts of the country so the green trees aren't that concerning. Since this was produced before TFATWS, we can safely place it before April 2024, but if Hawkeye ends up giving us more evidence, the latest it can be is April or May of 2024 IMO.

Understood. Regarding the BW post-credit's scene...

I think our current best bet placement is November of 2023. That gives time for Yelena to have had multiple visits after Nat's death in October. The weather in Ohio for November may not be as cold as more northern parts of the country so the green trees aren't that concerning. Since this was produced before TFATWS, we can safely place it before April 2024, but if Hawkeye ends up giving us more evidence, the latest it can be is April or May of 2024 IMO.
I personally was thinking Spring 2024 for now. I think it fits the weather and with Hawkeye being Winter 2024/2025, I think it makes more sense that Yelena didn't wait a year before going after Clint. Just because the scene was produced before TF&TWS doesn't necessarily mean it has to take place before. Val could easily be visiting Yelena after she's recruited Walker.

I personally was thinking Spring 2024 for now. I think it fits the weather and with Hawkeye being Winter 2024/2025, I think it makes more sense that Yelena didn't wait a year before going after Clint. Just because the scene was produced before TF&TWS doesn't necessarily mean it has to take place before. Val could easily be visiting Yelena after she's recruited Walker.
That works!

Fair point. Still, I would prefer to wait until we get another indication of time.

Safe to say Loki was removed from the timeline right after The Avengers. Now we know there is a good chance this has set up Doctor Strange 2 and maybe Spider-Man, the effects would be seen when these movies happen, after WandaVision and presumably after TFaWS as this played out as normal to with no multiverse shenanigans.

It still makes sense to have the TVA outside of the timeline, but we will be able to at least pin point the moment the series starts and when its consequences effect the 'sacred timeline' when those movies release.

Great way to introduce Kang though, see how powerful he is but not as the bad guy that is coming!

I'm still thinking the TVA scenes are in October of 2023 until further evidence contradicts that. The Avengers changed the timeline then, which is when the TVA got involved.

Safe to say Loki was removed from the timeline right after The Avengers. Now we know there is a good chance this has set up Doctor Strange 2 and maybe Spider-Man, the effects would be seen when these movies happen, after WandaVision and presumably after TFaWS as this played out as normal to with no multiverse shenanigans.

It still makes sense to have the TVA outside of the timeline, but we will be able to at least pin point the moment the series starts and when its consequences effect the 'sacred timeline' when those movies release.

Great way to introduce Kang though, see how powerful he is but not as the bad guy that is coming!
I suppose Earth-96283 (Raimiverse) and Earth-120703 (Webbverse), or worlds similar to them, were created in Loki 1x06, then?

Also, it seems that Earth-199999 was isolated from the comics multiverse by "He Who Remains", who is a future version of the Earth-199999 Kang, due to a deadly conflict with alternate versions of himself known as the Multiversal War.

I guess this is Marvel keeping continuity with the comics without being burdened by their events and rules.

I suppose Earth-96283 (Raimiverse) and Earth-120703 (Webbverse), or worlds similar to them, were created in Loki 1x06, then?

Created or recreated, since the multiverse existed before The One Who Remains pruned the timeline. Stands to reason that many of the branched timelines would be similar or identical to those that existed beforehand.

Also, it seems that Earth-199999 was isolated from the comics multiverse by "He Who Remains", who is a future version of the Earth-199999 Kang, due to a deadly conflict with alternate versions of himself known as the Multiversal War.

I guess this is Marvel keeping continuity with the comics without being burdened by their events and rules.
I think so too. I think the live-action stuff is it's own big branches, with little branches stemming from it, but it's all part of a bigger tree of various branches for different 'mediums'.

Created or recreated, since the multiverse existed before The One Who Remains pruned the timeline. Stands to reason that many of the branched timelines would be similar or identical to those that existed beforehand.
Not exactly...Time literally restarted as soon as Kang died, so everything in the entire new universes could have been COMPLETELY rearranged. Peter Parker could have been born in the 60s or 80s, Nick Fury could be white and played by David Hastlehoff and Power Pack could have had a mini-adventure in the early 90s.

I think so too. I think the live-action stuff is it's own big branches, with little branches stemming from it, but it's all part of a bigger tree of various branches for different 'mediums'.

Not exactly...Time literally restarted as soon as Kang died, so everything in the entire new universes could have been COMPLETELY rearranged. Peter Parker could have been born in the 60s or 80s, Nick Fury could be white and played by David Hastlehoff and Power Pack could have had a mini-adventure in the early 90s.
20210716_134932.jpg
Something like that. Throw in Team Thor, why not?

Am I the only one who kinda hates the multiverse? It hurts my head with all of this "resetting this", "different version of that". I much prefer the straightforward approach of phases 1-3 (and Black Widow should have been a Phase 3 movie). Pretend there is no such thing as comics. Now where does one get these "universe numbers" by just watching TV and movies? (Earth-99999 or whatever). I was actually hoping Loki would have been Quantum Leap with Loki and Mobius replacing Sam and Al. The way it is now is too confusing for those of us who don't read comics, not even tie in ones.

Latest posts

Back