Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

Am I the only one who kinda hates the multiverse? It hurts my head with all of this "resetting this", "different version of that". I much prefer the straightforward approach of phases 1-3 (and Black Widow should have been a Phase 3 movie). Pretend there is no such thing as comics. Now where does one get these "universe numbers" by just watching TV and movies? (Earth-99999 or whatever). I was actually hoping Loki would have been Quantum Leap with Loki and Mobius replacing Sam and Al. The way it is now is too confusing for those of us who don't read comics, not even tie in ones.
I agree. The multiverse gets tricky and confusing if not handled well. Also, now we will have subpar chapters like Spider-man 3 and the Amazing duology mixed in with the high quality MCU films.

I agree. The multiverse gets tricky and confusing if not handled well. Also, now we will have subpar chapters like Spider-man 3 and the Amazing duology mixed in with the high quality MCU films.
I think it's fairly straightforward in Loki. All the multiverse stuff is just divergent realities from different points in the MCU. The Earth numbers are just a formality, don't worry about them. Call it Marvel Cinematic Universe, Raimiverse, Webbverse, X-Men Universe, Marvel Universe, Ultimate Universe, etc.

Subjective opinions, here.

If it helps Feige was said to have had a meeting with all the necessary heads to build the 'multiverse bible' or whatever to establish the rules of what is going on, so it doesn't get confusing. I think the only truly confusing thing that is going to happen is how all these 'multiverse-fathered in' films are going to go, or more specifically when they will get viewed in flow of events marathon.

I'm kinda of the mind to watch the Raimi-3 before anything, then the Webb-2 after Avengers 1. That way it weirdly feels like there was a spider-man in each Phase.

Narratively, it appears to all be after Loki.
//////////
Helstrom 1x01-1x10
Avengers: Endgame
Loki 1x01-1x06
Spider-Man
Spider-Man 2.1
Spider-Man 3
The Amazing Spider-Man
The Amazing Spider-Man 2
What If...?
1x01-1x10
WandaVision 1x01-1x09
The Falcon and the Winter Soldier 1x01-1x06
//////////

Just my assumption. Like, an extended "What If...?" episode, except the point of divergence was a long time ago.

//////////
Helstrom 1x01-1x10
Loki 1x01-1x06
Spider-Man
Spider-Man 2.1
Spider-Man 3
The Amazing Spider-Man
The Amazing Spider-Man 2
What If...?
1x01-1x10
WandaVision 1x01-1x09
//////////

Just my assumption. Like, an extended "What If...?" episode, except the point of divergence was a long time ago.
I'd prefer if the multiverse is actually new versions of the old stuff but not the exact old stuff. Marvel shouldn't copy DC and just say "yeah its all randomly connected now".

I'd prefer if the multiverse is actually new versions of the old stuff but not the exact old stuff. Marvel shouldn't copy DC and just say "yeah its all randomly connected now".
Well, you're going to be partially disappointed, then. :confused:

Whatever they do I'm sure is well planned, so it won't be random. Have some faith, is all I can say.

//////////
Helstrom 1x01-1x10
Loki 1x01-1x06
Spider-Man
Spider-Man 2.1
Spider-Man 3
The Amazing Spider-Man
The Amazing Spider-Man 2
What If...?
1x01-1x10
WandaVision 1x01-1x09
//////////

There's going to be a short time until someone make a "Marvel Cinematic Multiverse" thread, at the DC Cinematic Multiverse thread style (i'm giving the idea)

Last edited:
If it helps Feige was said to have had a meeting with all the necessary heads to build the 'multiverse bible' or whatever to establish the rules of what is going on, so it doesn't get confusing. I think the only truly confusing thing that is going to happen is how all these 'multiverse-fathered in' films are going to go, or more specifically when they will get viewed in flow of events marathon.

I'm kinda of the mind to watch the Raimi-3 before anything, then the Webb-2 after Avengers 1. That way it weirdly feels like there was a spider-man in each Phase.
Ugh can we just hope that Marvel ignores SM3 and TASM2 completely? I'd much rather they not be canon.

Well, one can hope lol. SM3 is a flustercluck and TASM2 is just.....ok I've never even watched it tbh.
Same. I kinda want to watch TASM2 and Killmonger F4, at some point just to say that I did. I thought it would be cool to fanedit those two SM movies into one watchable movie somehow. Besides no one KNOWS exactly what the multiverse is just yet (Besides Feige).

Last edited:
So, after the loki finale, do you think there is a different TVA for each timeline/universe or just two possible TVAs (multiversal one/single timeline one) ?

Well, one can hope lol. SM3 is a flustercluck and TASM2 is just.....ok I've never even watched it tbh.
Spider-Man 3 is a part of the Raimiverse. There is no reason to ignore it anymore than Iron Fist or Inhumans in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 is the exact same. Also, subjective opinions. Spider-Man 3 is fun! The Amazing Spider-Man 2 actually has some pretty great moments in there, too. Not even close to perfect, of course.

I don't think the plots of either film will be necessary knowledge beyond a few references, seeing as the Sinister Six appear to be alternate versions. I'm sure you can ignore that Tobey and Andrew are playing the Spider-Men from their respective film series and easily say they're just a variation, if you'd like to.

Same. I kinda want to watch TASM2 and Killmonger F4, at some point just to say that I did. I thought it would be cool to fanedit those two SM movies into one watchable movie somehow. Besides no one KNOWS exactly what the multiverse is just yet (Besides Feige).
I say go for it. At least, The Amazing Spider-Man 2. Fant4stic is... well, you can try to watch that.

Ugh can we just hope that Marvel ignores SM3 and TASM2 completely? I'd much rather they not be canon.
I will say that the Editor's Cut of SM3 that was included in the recent Blu-ray sets was well worth the watch. It removed some of the absolute garbage moments from the film and replaced them with alternate scenes for a better film. The inclusion of the Sand Castle sequence was particularly good as it helped transition from the sewer to being given an honest reason to sign up with venom.

There's going to be a short time until someone make a "Marvel Cinematic Multiverse" thread, at the DC Cinematic Multiverse thread style (i'm giving the idea)
Before going, i have to say a thing: Viva Mañdonals furro macarro wuwudueuj XD
If anyone does that it'll probably be Pro Bot since he created the DC Cinematic Multiverse

Latest posts

Back