Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

So from what I've gathered from Shang Chi. He was born in 1999. He was 7 in his kid scenes so those look like 2006. And teenage scenes he was 14 so 2013. Really easy to put that together with dialogue hints

The comment about the Qingming Festival seems to imply preparations for it. So I think a safe bet, for now, is that the movie is March/April 2024. The end of the movie confirms the present-day scenes cover a couple of weeks and there's nothing confirming whether the festival had passed or not. Either way I think a placement before The Falcon & The Winter Soldier is a safe bet. It'll be interesting to see where Disney + places it on their timeline order.

The comment about the Qingming Festival seems to imply preparations for it. So I think a safe bet, for now, is that the movie is March/April 2024. The end of the movie confirms the present-day scenes cover a couple of weeks and there's nothing confirming whether the festival had passed or not. Either way I think a placement before The Falcon & The Winter Soldier is a safe bet. It'll be interesting to see where Disney + places it on their timeline order.
Hmm. If that's the case, then the child scenes may take place in 2007/2014. He's 24 in the movie. He ran away at 14 and his dad said that he's left him alone for 10 years.

Hmm. If that's the case, then the child scenes may take place in 2007/2014. He's 24 in the movie. He ran away at 14 and his dad said that he's left him alone for 10 years.
That's what I assumed watching the movie. It would match him knowing Katy for 10 years as he would have come to America shortly after he left his dad. The movie seems to imply that he and Katy both weren't snapped, which would place his DOB around 2000. Which would technically make him only a year older than Peter Parker and eleven years younger than Yelena Belova. Actors that are 7 years younger than Simu Lu. Of course one of these characters is confirmed to have been snapped and it's likely the other way too, so in one case the age gap shrunk and the other grew. Still weird to think about though.

So, I might get dragged for this, but can I campaign for Helstrom to be removed from the timeline? I think there's more than enough instances of the show runner insinuating that it wasn't MCU, to at least consider that it isn't…

So, I might get dragged for this, but can I campaign for Helstrom to be removed from the timeline? I think there's more than enough instances of the show runner insinuating that it wasn't MCU, to at least consider that it isn't…
Marvel Television boss Jeph Loeb confirmed the Adventure into Fear shows were connected to Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. through the same iteration of Ghost Rider.

The show contains the MCU-exclusive brand O'Harren's Scotch Whisky from several of the shows.

The show contains MCU-exclusive newspaper The San Francisco Tribune from Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D..

The show contains MCU-exclusive newspaper The Dallas Record from Iron Man 2.

The show contains MCU-exclusive newspaper The New Orleans Gazette from Cloak & Dagger.

The show contains the MCU-exclusive design of the Roxxon logo from Cloak & Dagger.

Actors and tweets have referred to it as MCU.

Paul Zbyszewski's interviews referred to the show primarily as not tied to the MCU, as in not tying into anything else, telling a standalone story. In the same interviews, he referred to it as "a pocket of the universe", making it clearer what he meant.

Marvel Television boss Jeph Loeb confirmed the Adventure into Fear shows were connected to Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. through the same iteration of Ghost Rider.

The show contains the MCU-exclusive brand O'Harren's Scotch Whisky from several of the shows.

The show contains MCU-exclusive newspaper The San Francisco Tribune from Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D..

The show contains MCU-exclusive newspaper The Dallas Record from Iron Man 2.

The show contains MCU-exclusive newspaper The New Orleans Gazette from Cloak & Dagger.

The show contains the MCU-exclusive design of the Roxxon logo from Cloak & Dagger.

Actors and tweets have referred to it as MCU.

Paul Zbyszewski's interviews referred to the show primarily as not tied to the MCU, as in not tying into anything else, telling a standalone story. In the same interviews, he referred to it as "a pocket of the universe", making it clearer what he meant.
I hear everything you are saying, and I'm not saying that it wasn't always not a part of the MCU, but I think when Adventures of Fear got dumped, so did any intent to connect to the larger world. Hell, if work hadn't already been started on it before Marvel Television's dissolve, I'm willing to bet that it absolutely would not have gotten made at all. Also, without that Ghost Rider appearing, that point is a non-factor.

"We are not tied to the MCU. We are our own separate thing,".

I'm sorry, but with all due respect, to read that as anything but a clear statement of fact that it is not part of the MCU is quite the reach. He said something to this effect in like, EVERY interview. Again, I think it was developed with the INTENTION of connecting, but as time went on, and Marvel removed its logo, it became its own endeavor.

I can't for the life of me, and I could be wrong, remember any producer straight up saying that their property wasn't connected to the MCU.

I hear everything you are saying, and I'm not saying that it wasn't always not a part of the MCU, but I think when Adventures of Fear got dumped, so did any intent to connect to the larger world. Hell, if work hadn't already been started on it before Marvel Television's dissolve, I'm willing to bet that it absolutely would not have gotten made at all. Also, without that Ghost Rider appearing, that point is a non-factor.

"We are not tied to the MCU. We are our own separate thing,".

I'm sorry, but with all due respect, to read that as anything but a clear statement of fact that it is not part of the MCU is quite the reach. He said something to this effect in like, EVERY interview. Again, I think it was developed with the INTENTION of connecting, but as time went on, and Marvel removed its logo, it became its own endeavor.

I can't for the life of me, and I could be wrong, remember any producer straight up saying that their property wasn't connected to the MCU.
The show isn't tied to the MCU. The MCU is a franchise developed by Marvel Studios. What did you expect him to say? Yes, the show is tied to the MCU, giving everyone the expectation that Iron Man will be referenced or something?

The show is set in the same universe as the Marvel Cinematic Universe, it isn't tied to the Marvel Cinematic Universe franchise. Even internally, there is the Marvel Heroes ABC franchise, Marvel Knights Netflix franchise and Marvel Young Adult Hulu/Freeform franchise. These are actual terms.

Helstrom is the Adventure Into Fear franchise.

Theres also a newspaper in the show with an unseen reference to the Sokovia Accords.

The show isn't tied to the MCU. The MCU is a franchise developed by Marvel Studios. What did you expect him to say? Yes, the show is tied to the MCU, giving everyone the expectation that Iron Man will be referenced or something?

The show is set in the same universe as the Marvel Cinematic Universe, it isn't tied to the Marvel Cinematic Universe franchise. Even internally, there is the Marvel Heroes ABC franchise, Marvel Knights Netflix franchise and Marvel Young Adult Hulu/Freeform franchise. These are actual terms.

Helstrom is the Adventure Into Fear franchise.

Theres also a newspaper in the show with an unseen reference to the Sokovia Accords.
An unseen reference to the Sokovia Accords? How do you know it's there?

I expected him to not say "WE ARE NOT TIED TO THE MCU. WE ARE OUR OWN SEPARATE THING" No other show producer has done that. At all. Not Jed Whedon, not Steve Lightfoot, none of them. If I'm wrong please give me an example. They also dropped the logo, which other than an unconfirmed rumor, seems to have no other reason as to why that would happen.

I don't know why you're listing the franchise names…but that is a wild stretch of logic. Of course all those other shows are tied to the MCU franchise, that was the whole point of them. I just don't know what this dude would have to say to get you to accept that it's not part of the canon.

An unseen reference to the Sokovia Accords? How do you know it's there?

I expected him to not say "WE ARE NOT TIED TO THE MCU. WE ARE OUR OWN SEPARATE THING" No other show producer has done that. At all. Not Jed Whedon, not Steve Lightfoot, none of them. If I'm wrong please give me an example. They also dropped the logo, which other than an unconfirmed rumor, seems to have no other reason as to why that would happen.

I don't know why you're listing the franchise names…but that is a wild stretch of logic. Of course all those other shows are tied to the MCU franchise, that was the whole point of them. I just don't know what this dude would have to say to get you to accept that it's not part of the canon.
Internally, Marvel considers the films and Disney+ shows as MCU. You can see this on Disney+, too. Agent Carter isn't on the Marvel Cinematic Universe section, and yet you can't deny that it is canonical. Theres even an article on the Marvel site that says it's in the same universe and yet not a part of the MCU franchise.

The franchise names are important. The point is that certain shows go together with one another with less ties to other existing franchises. Earth-199999 consists of serveral sub-franchises.

Even before Ghost Rider was cancelled, those shows were described as not tying into the MCU. Adventure Into Fear was it's own thing, with the only major tie-in being Ghost Rider. Just because it doesn't tie in with Ghost Rider anymore doesn't change the fact that it's set in Earth-199999.

As for the Sokovia Accords reference:
20210905_143729.jpg

Last edited:
Internally, Marvel considers the films and Disney+ shows as MCU. You can see this on Disney+, too. Agent Carter isn't on the Marvel Cinematic Universe section, and yet you can't deny that it is canonical. Theres even an article on the Marvel site that says it's in the same universe and yet not a part of the MCU franchise.

The franchise names are important. The point is that certain shows go together with one another with less ties to other existing franchises. Earth-199999 consists of serveral sub-franchises.

Even before Ghost Rider was cancelled, those shows were described as not tying into the MCU. Adventure Into Fear was it's own thing, with the only major tie-in being Ghost Rider. Just because it doesn't tie in with Ghost Rider anymore doesn't change the fact that it's set in Earth-199999.

As for the Sokovia Accords reference:
View attachment 445
If we're using Disney+ as a source, it has Iron Man 3 placed after Thor: The Dark World in Chronological Order, not related, but just saying.

I'm not arguing that Agent Carter is canon...I can't speak to why Marvel and Disney+ haven't included it in a certain section. Conjecture is not a valid argument.

Okay, they're important, sheesh. I just don't understand why its important to this argument. There was GOING TO BE an Adventures into Fear franchise, but now there isn't because its just one thing. BY DEFINITION, a multimedia franchise can't be one thing.

No, what changes it being set in that world is that the powers at be seemingly decided it isn't. You are arguing in a way that misses the point of MY argument. There are MCU Easter eggs because at the time of its inception it WAS MCU. It started filming in October of 2019, Marvel TV was taken over in December of 2019, meaning that it had already been filmed AS an MCU tie in, when Marvel TV was dissolved back into Marvel Studios they started to separate themselves from the property. Poof: No Marvel in the title. Poof: No Marvel Intro in the show. Poof: "We're not tied to the MCU." So again, I belive that all of these things you have mentioned are in fact there because it BEGAN filming as an MCU property, however I think it is very clear that unlike the other shows, this one has been decidedly outcast as non-MCU. I've pleaded my case and you have pleaded yours. I'm going to step away from the computer now because I have spent more time on this than I planned. Have a nice night.

I'd also like to add to the placement of Shang-Chi this tidbit. Early on in the film you can see him wearing a 'class of 17' shirt. Assuming he went to that school and graduated in 2017, that might put his graduation around him being 18 if that helps.

Just an update about What if Episode 5

Episode takes place around infinity war, Spiderman says that Stark invited him to the avengers last year, which doesn't with its placement in 2016, but I guess we can just assume that Parker is stressed and speaking very generally?

Also, what a tease of an ending!

Latest posts

Back