Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

To keep them both in May 2018 and have Infinity War be in May 16-17, two weeks after Ant-Man and the Wasp.
I get that, but keep in mind we are talking about alt. timelines where events may not be 100% chronologically accurate to the main MCU timeline.

Set pics show that Hawkeye goes into 2025 and I think it's rumored that there's some connection with No Way Home which seems to end around Christmas 2024. Given how all of Clint's kids have aged since Endgame (obviously due to Hawkeye and Endgame filming years apart) I think everything but this line lines up. It may be one of those details we have to ignore or assume that for some reason the family couldn't spend Christmas 2023 together. As much of a stretch that sounds.

I get that, but keep in mind we are talking about alt. timelines where events may not be 100% chronologically accurate to the main MCU timeline.
We agree completely and that fact should be remembered. However, this example may be a bit different because the Nexus event was contained to the Quantum Realm where it could not effect any events occurring outside of it.

However, that does beg the question of when Janet was infected, because wouldn't it have to be after she reached out through Scott?

So do we all agree that the events of Loki all take place within the events of "Endgame"? I assume they span/occur from the moment the Avengers return home from their time travel adventure, to sometime before Tony's funeral. What's everyone think?

So do we all agree that the events of Loki all take place within the events of "Endgame"? I assume they span/occur from the moment the Avengers return home from their time travel adventure, to sometime before Tony's funeral. What's everyone think?
Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum. I don't think I do. Obviously all of the different time periods they visit happen in those time periods and The Void before the end of time and the End of Time happen after time, so no matter what, it's at the end of the time line. The only hard thing to pin is the TVA stuff. Ravonna and Mobius mention they have been friends for eons, but that doesn't necessarily help understand when it is all taking place. There's also the line "Eons ago, before the TVA, a variant of myself lived on Earth in the 31st century." but even that doesn't necessarily place them.

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum. I don't think I do. Obviously all of the different time periods they visit happen in those time periods and The Void before the end of time and the End of Time happen after time, so no matter what, it's at the end of the time line. The only hard thing to pin is the TVA stuff. Ravonna and Mobius mention they have been friends for eons, but that doesn't necessarily help understand when it is all taking place. There's also the line "Eons ago, before the TVA, a variant of myself lived on Earth in the 31st century." but even that doesn't necessarily place them.
If the TVA scenes are set in the "present day", how many days or weeks pass within the context of the series do you think?

If the TVA scenes are set in the "present day", how many days or weeks pass within the context of the series do you think?
But that's just it, I have no reason to believe the TVA events ARE set in present day. They discuss how time works differently and the only time I've ever heard anything close to a time placement was when they were discussing the gum from the Alabama apocalypse and Mobius said something to the effect of, "this was sold recently." (I don't remember the line specifically...sorry.) They also say that time works differently where they are, so that is another element that makes it really difficult to place, like we know that they have been around for Eons, and we know that what occurs there occurs before "the end of time," but even though they have been around for "eons" we don't know how long that translates to outside of where ever they are.

Same with your how many days question. They don't seem to have day and night cycles that we see. And even if they did, since time works differently, who's to say one of there days isn't equivalent to say, 1000 years real time? We just can't really know yet.

But that's just it, I have no reason to believe the TVA events ARE set in present day. They discuss how time works differently and the only time I've ever heard anything close to a time placement was when they were discussing the gum from the Alabama apocalypse and Mobius said something to the effect of, "this was sold recently." (I don't remember the line specifically...sorry.) They also say that time works differently where they are, so that is another element that makes it really difficult to place, like we know that they have been around for Eons, and we know that what occurs there occurs before "the end of time," but even though they have been around for "eons" we don't know how long that translates to outside of where ever they are.

Same with your how many days question. They don't seem to have day and night cycles that we see. And even if they did, since time works differently, who's to say one of there days isn't equivalent to say, 1000 years real time? We just can't really know yet.
They must exist in either the past, present or future. Time literally doesn't stop for anyone. It's simpler to assume the TVA scenes are set in Oct. 2023 until further data dis-proves this. Occam's razor my friend!

They must exist in either the past, present or future. Time literally doesn't stop for anyone. It's simpler to assume the TVA scenes are set in Oct. 2023 until further data dis-proves this. Occam's razor my friend!
Oh, they definitely exist somewhere in the timeline, that is undisputable. In fact, I said that in the post you are responding to.

It's simpler to assume a lot of things...that doesn't make them right. You don't have enough evidence to prove what you are insinuating, in fact, I'm not sure there is any.

Also, I was unfamiliar with the concept of Occam's Razor before I went on to do some research on it and that is, no offense to you at all, one of the stupidest things I've ever heard. It was easier hundreds of years ago to assume illness was caused by evil spirits, but thank heavens someone decided to actually challenge themselves and research a more complex explanation. Also, the concept also means that the theory which contains the least assumptions to reach an identical conclusion is the one that should be accepted. Your entire argument is an assumption, where as mine has evidence to support it. If you have more evidence, please provide it.

Also of note: "It's simpler to assume the TVA scenes are set in Oct. 2023 until further data disproves this" that is not how the burden of proof works. There is current proof that identifies that it is impossible to know when the scenes are taking place, so now the burden of proof falls on YOU to prove otherwise.

I understand you want an answer, and to hear that there isn't one at the moment isn't very satisfactory. If you were doing a normal watch order I'd say "Yeah, watch Loki after Endgame." But as for a timeline formatted as this one is, things need to be placed at the point IN WHICH THEY HAPPENED, which we currently have no concrete information for.

Last edited:
So some people have seen a screener and well....

Apparently Venom/Eddie gets transported to the MCU and Tom Holland Spidey shows up on a television screen.

This is pretty cool, I'm wondering if there is any chance of it getting any response?

So some people have seen a screener and well....

Apparently Venom/Eddie gets transported to the MCU and Tom Holland Spidey shows up on a television screen.
I just read the spoiler, to me it doesn't sound like any multiverse travel actually happens, he just turns on the TV and sees spider-man, sounds like they are trying to sneak Venom as being "always" in the universe

Last edited:
Oh, they definitely exist somewhere in the timeline, that is undisputable. In fact, I said that in the post you are responding to.

It's simpler to assume a lot of things...that doesn't make them right. You don't have enough evidence to prove what you are insinuating, in fact, I'm not sure there is any.

Also, I was unfamiliar with the concept of Occam's Razor before I went on to do some research on it and that is, no offense to you at all, one of the stupidest things I've ever heard. It was easier hundreds of years ago to assume illness was caused by evil spirits, but thank heavens someone decided to actually challenge themselves and research a more complex explanation. Also, the concept also means that the theory which contains the least assumptions to reach an identical conclusion is the one that should be accepted. Your entire argument is an assumption, where as mine has evidence to support it. If you have more evidence, please provide it.

Also of note: "It's simpler to assume the TVA scenes are set in Oct. 2023 until further data disproves this" that is not how the burden of proof works. There is current proof that identifies that it is impossible to know when the scenes are taking place, so now the burden of proof falls on YOU to prove otherwise.

I understand you want an answer, and to hear that there isn't one at the moment isn't very satisfactory. If you were doing a normal watch order I'd say "Yeah, watch Loki after Endgame." But as for a timeline formatted as this one is, things need to be placed at the point IN WHICH THEY HAPPENED, which we currently have no concrete information for.
Just to let you know, I've argued my points on this as well, but at the end of the day, Dallas is correct that until we have a more definitive placement, it's best to just put it right after the known definitive placements. This site is meant to put things in a timeline order, not yours or my personal order. I personally think the end of Loki season 1 is as monumental as the snap, and place it before FFH currently because watching it in timeline order makes it seem basically irrelevant for movie after show after movie after show, but again, this site is about organizing the timeline more than it is personal taste of narrative.

Just to let you know, I've argued my points on this as well, but at the end of the day, Dallas is correct that until we have a more definitive placement, it's best to just put it right after the known definitive placements. This site is meant to put things in a timeline order, not yours or my personal order. I personally think the end of Loki season 1 is as monumental as the snap, and place it before FFH currently because watching it in timeline order makes it seem basically irrelevant for movie after show after movie after show, but again, this site is about organizing the timeline more than it is personal taste of narrative.
What is the "known definitive placement" and what is the evidence for such?

Also, I'm the one arguing against placing stuff according to "personal taste of narrative" so your response is super confusing…

For 1, Disney placed Loki after Endgame, but before WandaVision. 2, They go over Sacred Loki's timeline through his death. 3, Variant Loki wouldn't exist without Endgame. 4, I forget which post it is, but someone slowed down the timeline graphics when they shift and the initial year it starts at before moving is 2023.

A curious change they made to this episode from the films is General Ross' rank. In Incredible Hulk he is a 3-star general, but given that this episode seems to take place around Iron Man 1's timeline it's interesting they chose to make him a 4-star general. Maybe Ang Lee's Hulk is more canon than we thought!!! I'm joking obvously.

Latest posts

Back