Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

So it's 100% confirmed Venom and Venom 2 are MCU films (most likely alternate timelines until the final scene of Venom 2). Source.
I was kind of skeptical when people said that he "went to another reality" as descriptions of how that happened were vague and seemed like they were over-explaining things. But yeah, that flash effect definitely implies something has happened

So, if Ultron is in 2015, everything that follows must be as well. So, why are the Guardians at the Sovereign and Ego still alive?

So, if Ultron is in 2015, everything that follows must be as well. So, why are the Guardians at the Sovereign and Ego still alive?

I Just go with this timeline having another divergent point that caused the Guardians to arrive to The Sovereign later than the Sacred Timeline and Ego to still be alive. I think it's clear the actual explanation is they didn't put too much thought into it and figured any inconsistencies could be chalked up to being a different universe.

At the very least, the credits have to be added to the timeline right? Also, Morbius is probably going to be set in the MCU reality because otherwise the ending of Venom is redundant, since Spider-Man experienced very similar events.

About that Marvel Cinematic Multiverse...

Spider-Man '67 (Earth-6799, also known as Earth-67)
Spider-Man Trilogy (Earth-96283)
The Amazing Spider-Man Duology (Earth-120703)
Marvel Cinematic Universe (Earth-199999)
Into The Spider-Verse (Earth-"E1610")
Sony's Spider-Man Universe

The after-credits scene of Venom (2018) stated "meanwhile in another universe" and it showed an Into the Spider-Verse clip.

Rumors of X-Men crossovers in Multiverse of Madness (maybe a variant?)... Deadpool 3...

I noticed in the tv spot released yesterday for Eternals that Phastos and his husband have a jack-o-lantern outside their house. Which fits perfectly with the movie picking up shortly after Endgame.

About that Marvel Cinematic Multiverse...

Spider-Man '67 (Earth-6799, also known as Earth-67)
Spider-Man Trilogy (Earth-96283)
The Amazing Spider-Man Duology (Earth-120703)
Marvel Cinematic Universe (Earth-199999)
Into The Spider-Verse (Earth-"E1610")
Sony's Spider-Man Universe

The after-credits scene of Venom (2018) stated "meanwhile in another universe" and it showed an Into the Spider-Verse clip.

Rumors of X-Men crossovers in Multiverse of Madness (maybe a variant?)... Deadpool 3...

Don't overthink it. That "meanwhile in another universe" was Sony's way of promoting their other film in theaters.

Hey I noticed today that Black Widow has been moved to after Black Panther in the Disney+ Timeline order. Is there any confirmation or info that puts it before or after the film? I know that the Disney+ order isn't 100% reliable.

Hey I noticed today that Black Widow has been moved to after Black Panther in the Disney+ Timeline order. Is there any confirmation or info that puts it before or after the film? I know that the Disney+ order isn't 100% reliable.
Both movies are so close together, I don't think it matters too much.

Hell yeah!!

But seriously tho I'd anyone knows that'd be awesome
Black Widow picks up shortly after Civil War and there's a 2 week time jump at the end. Depending on how long Natasha was in Norway, the movie sans the credit scene could cover around a 3 week or even more period. Black Panther picks up a week after Civil War and I think it's safe to assume the final battle in Wakanda ends while the events of Black Widow are still happening, but we have no idea how much time has passed with T'Challa and Shuri in Oakland or the credit scenes. Honestly, If you need a definite answer, I feel like Black Widow after Black Panther makes sense.

Black Widow picks up shortly after Civil War and there's a 2 week time jump at the end. Depending on how long Natasha was in Norway, the movie sans the credit scene could cover around a 3 week or even more period. Black Panther picks up a week after Civil War and I think it's safe to assume the final battle in Wakanda ends while the events of Black Widow are still happening, but we have no idea how much time has passed with T'Challa and Shuri in Oakland or the credit scenes. Honestly, If you need a definite answer, I feel like Black Widow after Black Panther makes sense.
Awesome, I appreciate the answer, that all makes sense. Most Black Panther does seem to happen at around the same time starting a week after where Black Widow is a little less obvious how long it's been not to mention the 2 week time jump at the end would put the last bit after Black Panther anyway making that a good placement. Thanks for answering!

Why is the "present day" portion set after WandaVision?
Because we don't know when the multiverse is opened in 'Loki' relative to the MCU's present day, except that it's probably after Endgame, and What If...? has to be after that. So it's just placed sometime after Endgame.

Because we don't know when the multiverse is opened in 'Loki' relative to the MCU's present day, and What If...? has to be after that. So it's just placed sometime after Endgame.
In my, totally not expert opinion, it most likely opened relative to the present day of the MCU when Loki left the timestream putting the events that took place outside of time in motion. From an in universe perspective all of Loki happens immediately after he left the timeline considering he was no longer a part of it so the Multiverse opened up likely, speaking relative to the MCU's present day openedat that moment during the Time Heist in Endgame

In my, totally not expert opinion, it most likely opened relative to the present day of the MCU when Loki left the timestream putting the events that took place outside of time in motion. From an in universe perspective all of Loki happens immediately after he left the timeline considering he was no longer a part of it so the Multiverse opened up likely, speaking relative to the MCU's present day openedat that moment during the Time Heist in Endgame
Right, so the entirety of Loki and What If occur sometime before Tony's funeral in Endgame IMO.

Right, so the entirety of Loki and What If occur sometime before Tony's funeral in Endgame IMO.
Yeah I'd say like right after Loki gets abducted it happens cause you can't really place events outside the timeline relative to the timelines present. Best you can do is put it relative to the events in the timeline that started events outside the timeline, in this case that being Loki being pulled from the timeline by the TVA

Latest posts

Back