Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

Yeah there's plenty of rumors and scoops out there from some people who first broke that NWH was bringing Tobey and Andrew back like 2 years ago, that Kingpin is planned as one of the villains of the college trilogy for Spider-Man. As well as leaks that Cox is contracted for 4 projects being, NWH, She-Hulk, Echo, and his own solo outing with Karen and Foggy returning. So yeah, in regards to kingpin, it's all good.

Do we know if "Eternals' is set entirely before "WandaVision"?
I feel that the comment about everyone returning from the snap creating the energy necessary for the Celestial to even return says a lot about where it should be placed. It's possible that its later on in the timeline but I find it odd the celestials would be chilling for a month before deciding to utilize the situation.

So, Hawkeye 1x06 contradicts Daredevil or not?

What would be the contradiction here? I didn't see any. Didn't they even
re-use the same cufflink design from the show, as JohnTitor pointed out?
Little more concerned about
Laura being Agent 19 and therefore Mockingbird, as a lot of outlets seem to think that this overwrites Agents of SHIELD. I don't think it's that cut and dry; did SHIELD ever mention that Bobbi/Mockingbird was Agent 19, or was that just in the comics? Mockingbird and Agent 13 could be different characters in the MCU, or Laura could have easily been Mockingbird before Bobbi.

In any case,
Hawkeye 1x06 was fantastic. Could have used more Kingpin throughout the show, but he's fantastic in this episode. Probably doesn't need to be said at this point, but yep, definitely not dead. Maya makes a point of saying that she doesn't want to kill Kazi, she probably intentionally blinded Kingpin rather than killing him. (His last words in the show are even "Family doesn't always see eye to eye."
Loved the Pym arrow and the payoff with the owl. I was hoping Yelena would join the Bartons for Christmas, can't wait to see where she pops up again. The whole recent run of Shang-Chi/Eternals/Hawkeye/Far From Home has exceeded my expectations. I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much but the inclusion of elements from the Marvel TV era is encouraging.

What would be the contradiction here? I didn't see any. Didn't they even
re-use the same cufflink design from the show, as JohnTitor pointed out?
Little more concerned about
Laura being Agent 19 and therefore Mockingbird, as a lot of outlets seem to think that this overwrites Agents of SHIELD. I don't think it's that cut and dry; did SHIELD ever mention that Bobbi/Mockingbird was Agent 19, or was that just in the comics? Mockingbird and Agent 13 could be different characters in the MCU, or Laura could have easily been Mockingbird before Bobbi.

In any case,
Hawkeye 1x06 was fantastic. Could have used more Kingpin throughout the show, but he's fantastic in this episode. Probably doesn't need to be said at this point, but yep, definitely not dead. Maya makes a point of saying that she doesn't want to kill Kazi, she probably intentionally blinded Kingpin rather than killing him. (His last words in the show are even "Family doesn't always see eye to eye."
Loved the Pym arrow and the payoff with the owl. I was hoping Yelena would join the Bartons for Christmas, can't wait to see where she pops up again. The whole recent run of Shang-Chi/Eternals/Hawkeye/Far From Home has exceeded my expectations. I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much but the inclusion of elements from the Marvel TV era is encouraging.
No, Bobbi was never said to be "Agent 19" at all in AoS. News sites are running with that lie to create divide/"discussion" within the fandom. Its maddening.

I felt like it was vague enough that it isn't going to change anyone's mind. Those who believe it's canon will continue to do so and vice versa.
I agree with this. I'm currently discussing this with someone who continues to believe DD isn't canon and they point out just as likely reasons for that as people who still believe it is. Cufflinks for some, character inconsistencies for others. Potter attire for some, Maya for others. It is what it is at this point. If you believe something is canon, believe it. It's entirely up to the individual at this point if Marvel TV is canon to them. I'd very much like DD to remain canon with the Sacred Timeline, but I personally haven't made up my mind yet.

I felt like it was vague enough that it isn't going to change anyone's mind. Those who believe it's canon will continue to do so and vice versa.
  • Michael Kemp (possibly?) being referenced.
  • Kingpins Jacket fits with Daredevil's timeline, him wearing black and moving onto white.
  • Kingpins cufflinks being the same.
  • Kingpin wears armour under his suit (Melvin Potter?).
  • Kingpin is played by the same actor.
  • The Presidental Hotel is reused (potentially the same or a different building).
Oh, and going into leaks territory regarding Daredevil/Kingpin canon:
Kingpin was leaked by the MarvelStudiosSpoilers reddit team. They've also leaked that Daredevil is "very much the same as Netflix" in She-Hulk.

We're literally getting Daredevil characters and people still think the shows aren't canon. :confused:

Do you know what is the worst? Most journalists/scoopers/ytchannels keep spreading those false informations and people believe them. Simple example: they say all the time that netflix shows were produced by netflix and marvel studios will never reference them because of that.

We're literally getting Daredevil characters and people still think the shows aren't canon. :confused:
You can't use that as a catch all though. Loki showed that actors can play multiple versions of themselves and the character is still played by other actors too. There's no one way to cast a role at this point especially after Ralph Bohner. So personally I can't use casting as a way of proving canonicity.

What I told my friend is that his 'divorce' with Marvel TV is exactly the same as others 'marriage' with Marvel TV. You can point out any number of things that make it canon, but he can point out any number of things that don't. Really its your perspective that makes it canon or not to you.

Please don't misunderstand, I am eternally grateful for this thread, and I use it often when others ask about a show or one-shot etc. I love including new people into the MCU, and I keep my opinion of canon to myself. Why would I deny anyone the opportunity to watch a Netflix show if NWH or Hawkeye excited them? If my best friend were to say they love AoS...that's awesome! Love that show! If they say they only care about the sacred timeline...that's awesome too! That's entirely up to you and you enjoy the MCU the way you want!

What is with the total obsession with canonicity? It's one of the most "toxic" parts of any fandom these days and I just don't understand everyone's obsession. People literally get angry about it. What's the goal? What are people trying to prove when they claim "this or that is or isn't canon!". I just don't get it.

What is with the total obsession with canonicity? It's one of the most "toxic" parts of any fandom these days and I just don't understand everyone's obsession. People literally get angry about it. What's the goal? What are people trying to prove when they claim "this or that is or isn't canon!". I just don't get it.
Ikr like honestly take the Marvel Television stuff as canon or don't. Personally I like to put those series in their own separate timeline. I find it works better for myself. Doesn't mean I don't love most of the shows cause I really do, but when I talk about the MCU I'm generally refering to the Marvel Studios stuff. But fuck the hateful reaction that can get from either side is ridiculous sometimes

Latest posts

Back