Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

Not necessarily. Could be alternate versions in the Captain Carter universe.

On principle they should be the same, though.

Maybe:
Earth-10005 - Original Timeline (X-Men 1-5, Wolverine 1-2, Captain Carter)
Earth-41633 - Revised Timeline (X-Men 4-7, Fantastic Four 1-2, Deadpool 1-2, Captain Carter)
Earth-17315 - Venessa Lives Timeline (X-Men 4-7, Fantastic Four 1-2, Deadpool 1-2, Wolverine 3, The New Mutants, Captain Carter)
Earth-121698 - Peter Lives Timeline (X-Men 4-7, Fantastic Four 1-2, Captain Carter)

Note:
Earth-10005 = original X-Men number
Earth-41633 = Deadpool 2 number
Earth-17315 = Logan number
Earth-121698 = Fantastic Four number.

What a mess the Illuminati Timeline would be in that case. It'd be easier for Marvel to just retcon the Earth numbers like they did for Earth-534834 (90s Iron Man, Hulk, Fantastic Four cartoons), but I'm not a fan of that either.

Fox Deadpool would have to exist somewhere. I would assume he would be with Venessa on Earth-17315? So I guess the Illuminati stuff would be Earth-41633?
That's overthinking it.

Well, then we have this.

No complications, very clean.
If it's MULTIVERSE of Madness, I would expect them coming from multiple Earths.:p

Xavier is dead on Earth-17315 and Earth-10005. Got that. Minor changes like Peter living ain't gonna branch a new timeline and I went over the Earth-41633/17315/Vansssa thing in the X-Men thread. Not gonna repeat myself.

Earth-18315 (the alternate Weapon X timeline) would be the only timeline where Patrick Stewart's Xavier would be alive to where he can be killed by Wanda without affecting an established future of his.

Last edited:
If it's MULTIVERSE of Madness, I would expect them coming from multiple Earths.:p

Xavier is dead on Earth-17315 and Earth-10005. Got that. Minor changes like Peter living ain't gonna branch a new timeline and I went over the Earth-41633/17315/Vansssa thing in the X-Men thread. Not gonna repeat myself.

Earth-18315 (the alternate Weapon X timeline) would be the only timeline where Patrick Stewart's Xavier would be alive to where he can be killed by Wanda without affecting his Logan future.
In this particular leak, Xavier doesn't die. It's supposedly post-reshoots.

Well, it could still be Earth-121698. I don't recall any Captain America references to contradict Captain Carter's presence, and in Fantastic Four: Extended Edition Reed morphs his face into Wolverine. Could be that the X-Men look similar, but are different than their film counterparts.

That's if this leak is even true in the first place. The sub placed it in TFTMQ, meaning it's of dubious authenticity.

Last edited:
Folks are now asking Vincent D'onofrio continuity related questions from Marvel shows he wasn't even in.

Unbelievable. I'm sure he's getting tired of that.

What's next?
"Hey D'onofrio, I'm a big fan! BTW What did those two men in suits do with Jace Turner in The Gifted finale? Was he gonna become Nimrod?"

kingpin-vincent-donofrio.gif

Whatever happens, I don't want the old X-Men actors (besides Deadpool) in the MCU. I'd like to see a fresh take on them.

Whatever happens, I don't want the old X-Men actors (besides Deadpool) in the MCU. I'd like to see a fresh take on them.
We're absolutely getting a fresh take, I'd imagine.
Deadpool has me curious tho...the "time travel" device he took from Cable essentially took him to other realities too like Earth-10005, so is he going to accidentally end up on Earth-199999 smack dab into the Blip, gets caught in that for 5 years and Deadpool 3 is about him trying to find his way home?
(Deadpool the 3rd: No Way Home)

Besides that, I have NO IDEA how Deadpool 3 could be MCU without retconning the first two films into it.

Sort of like Incredible Hulk? Sort of a sequel to to Hulk, sort of not. Something like that.

After No Way Home, I'm sure they'll abuse the multiverse angle to bring him in.

Which is silly. X-Men shouldn't be essential viewing for the MCU really.

Just because we might see characters from the Fox universe doesn't mean they're the MCU versions. The multiverse includes non-MCU franchises, and I wouldn't call Tom Hardy the MCU Venom.

As far as Tom Hardy, maybe. It would be really weird to have two simultaneously current Venoms.
My guess is that the symbiote left behind will pull Venom/Eddie into the MCU at some point

Last edited:
Actually...
Is it totally impossible that the Illuminati are all from different universes and just came to Mordo (Sorcerer Supreme)'s universe?

So, the Illuminati is:
Peggy Carter (Captain Carter Universe)
Balder Odinson (Balder the Brave Universe)
Karl Mordo (Mordo Sorcerer Supreme Universe)
Monica Rambeau (Rambeau Captain Marvel Universe)
Charles Xavier (Earth-18315)
Reed Richards (Earth-121698)

Xavier can transfer his consciousness into his brain dead twin brother. Technically, he could be from Earth-17315 seeing as the Fox Xavier essentially has 2 lives, which should be the case for every X-Men timeline. But, let's say Earth-18315 for now.

Let's say... because of Wade Wilson's interference by killing Weapon XI, Wolverine never lost his memory and joined the X-Men much sooner. Somehow, this leads to a present day in which Xavier is able to own a hover chair very much like the one seen in the original X-Men cartoon. Somehow he's recruited into the Illuminati afterwards.

Last edited:
Why would someone be mad at having more canon content that they can totally skip?

I think it's more about quality over quantity in this regard. Full Disclosure, I'm a lifelong Marvel fan and have watched everything on this thread, but there's no way in hell I'm rewatching most of the TV stuff as it's honestly just not great television. I prefer to stick to the Marvel Studios productions on rewatches because not only do they have higher quality productions than most of the TV stuff (obviously not Netflix because their quality is top tier like the films), but they also FEEL more interconnected to each other as they continually reference previous films or events within each others films or shows.

This was a fundamental reason why the TV canon fell off for my friend at some point and I can't say I blame him. Strange: "I'm not here to talk about Westview". Was that SO HARD for them to do a minor reference like that to Netflix when Civil War happened or to AOS when it became public again or to AOS/Inhumans when the fish oil problem happened? That's why they don't want to acknowledge it and then skip it.

Last edited:
I think it's more about quality over quantity in this regard. Full Disclosure, I'm a lifelong Marvel fan and have watched everything on this thread, but there's no way in hell I'm rewatching most of the TV stuff as it's honestly just not great television. I prefer to stick to the Marvel Studios productions on rewatches because not only do they have higher quality productions than most of the TV stuff (obviously not Netflix because their quality is top tier like the films), but they also FEEL more interconnected to each other as they continually reference previous films or events within each others films or shows.

This was a fundamental reason why the TV canon fell off for my friend at some point and I can't say I blame him. Strange: "I'm not here to talk about Westview". Was that SO HARD for them to do a minor reference like that to Netflix when Civil War happened or to AOS when it became public again or to AOS/Inhumans when the fish oil problem happened? That's why they don't want to acknowledge it and then skip it.
Let me repeat.

"Why would someone be mad at having more canon content that they can totally skip?"

There's nothing wrong with that, now, is there?

I think it's safe to assume Doctor Strange 2 will be set in 2025?
Yeah, actually i think that someone at Marvel (i don't remember who) said that Multiverse of Madness takes place "2 years after WandaVision", so, if i remember correctly, DSitMoM should take place around mid-2025

Let me repeat.

"Why would someone be mad at having more canon content that they can totally skip?"

There's nothing wrong with that, now, is there?
Ok, I'll concede. I guess the point I was trying to make is that they don't want to acknowledge it at all. Like I said, after Hawkeye and NWH I had several discussions with friends, and they don't care that anything existed before those cameos. To them, the canonicity of those characters started in those respective D+ show/movie. I'm not disputing their canonicity on this thread. As I said before, I'm actually glad this thread exists as its helpful depending on the person I talk MCU with.

I get how you feel in regards to MCU canon, and I apologize if I offended you when I discussed it. I'm glad there is someone like you on here who passionately defends it. I actually read your 'why' post from June every now and then because of how passionate you are.

Ok, I'll concede. I guess the point I was trying to make is that they don't want to acknowledge it at all. Like I said, after Hawkeye and NWH I had several discussions with friends, and they don't care that anything existed before those cameos. To them, the canonicity of those characters started in those respective D+ show/movie. I'm not disputing their canonicity on this thread. As I said before, I'm actually glad this thread exists as its helpful depending on the person I talk MCU with.
They're allowed to do that, as long as they know that it's a head-canon and don't mislead people.
I get how you feel in regards to MCU canon, and I apologize if I offended you when I discussed it. I'm glad there is someone like you on here who passionately defends it. I actually read your 'why' post from June every now and then because of how passionate you are.
I never mean to come across as harsh or offended, or... anything negative. The TV shows canon status is a constant misconception, and I seem to be very blunt when discussing it.

Latest posts

Back