Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

The Incredible Hulk: Fury Files is not on our timeline.

Did we decide it's not canon? I understand why, since it's not part of the omnibus, however the wiki treats it as canon and it does line up with Banner knowing Fury before the Avengers.

And of course, Disney + has put Eternals between Shang-Chi and Hawkeye on their timeline placement. I honestly wonder if any thought went into it or they placed it there because it's "present-day" and also released between the other two.
The more stuff they add to the timeline list, the more I believe they are simply guessing and don't actually have anyone like Feige telling them where things go. Like IM3 happens before Thor 2, but they are swapped simply because the prologue of Thor 2 happens RIGHT after Avengers. Honestly, I don't put any stock in D+'s Timeline placement...because there are at least 3 things in there that don't make sense where they are.

Black Widow Chapter 24 (2:11:12 - 2:13:35)

I STILL think this should be placed in 2024 sometime before TFATWS...

Right, but that has nothing to do with Yelena's first meeting with Val in that post-credit scene's placement.
The implication is that Eleanor hired Yelena through Val. It'd be a weird coincidence if it wasn't related. Yes, the weather thing sucks, but I think it's pretty clear when this conversation should happen.

Right, but that has nothing to do with Yelena's first meeting with Val in that post-credit scene's placement.
Yelena texts Kate: "I found out who hired me."
The show establishes she was hired to kill Hawkeye, and the order came from Eleanor.
In the post credits scene, she is asked how she would like a shot at Hawkeye. If this had nothing to do with the show narratively, the show would make it a point to say Eleanor was "a" person to hire her.

Even looking beyond narrative reasons, COVID simply screwed with Marvel's plans. Val's introduction was changed because of the release schedule changing, so it's likely Hawkeye maybe wasn't originally supposed to take place during christmas. Looking at the concept art, it seems they were going for a more sunny vibe, but that changed.

The implication is that Eleanor hired Yelena through Val. It'd be a weird coincidence if it wasn't related. Yes, the weather thing sucks, but I think it's pretty clear when this conversation should happen.
Is it? Isn't it just as likely that Yelena (knowing Kate Bishop very well per her scene with Kate earlier in the episode), that she sent that text to draw Clint out knowing how Kate would react to said text? Its makes very little sense that Val hiring Yelena, makes Yelena suddenly realize who the client was out of literally nowhere. That's an extremely important detail to simply imply at the end of the day.

They treat them as canon until contradicted.

Seems a bit contradictory to consider them canon when they're stated not to be.

"The canon ones have that Marvel stamp and the trade dress has a cinematic wide screen feel. Whereas the inspired tie-ins are much more about having another fun adventure with the Avengers. They're not considered canonical though. Those are just fun adventures with the team because we want to tell more Avengers stories."
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cb...marvel-cinematic-universe-in-comics-form/amp/

Titan Consumed is not considered canon, despite not being contradictory to the movies, only because a similar quote exists...

Yelena texts Kate: "I found out who hired me."
The show establishes she was hired to kill Hawkeye, and the order came from Eleanor.
In the post credits scene, she is asked how she would like a shot at Hawkeye. If this had nothing to do with the show narratively, the show would make it a point to say Eleanor was "a" person to hire her.

Even looking beyond narrative reasons, COVID simply screwed with Marvel's plans. Val's introduction was changed because of the release schedule changing, so it's likely Hawkeye maybe wasn't originally supposed to take place during christmas. Looking at the concept art, it seems they were going for a more sunny vibe, but that changed.
Simplify it for me. So what is the order of events?

Simplify it for me. So what is the order of events?
Eleanor calls Val or someone related to her and puts out the hit on Clint. Val then goes to Yelena who she's been working with, knowing she can use Natasha's death as incentive for Yelena to take out the hit. Yelena then arrives to New York to take out the hit. All this happens within the span of a couple days.

Eleanor calls Val or someone related to her and puts out the hit on Clint. Val then goes to Yelena who she's been working with, knowing she can use Natasha's death as incentive for Yelena to take out the hit. Yelena then arrives to New York to take out the hit. All this happens within the span of a couple days.
So does that place Black Widow Chapter 24 (2:11:12 - 2:13:35) in December of 2024 during Hawkeye 2x04?

Latest posts

Back