Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

Was just going through the Moon Knight Trailer to find any Timeline Clues and I found something very relevant.
I found that the Ancient Egypt Exhibition starts in mid to late April and finishes in mid to late July (cant really tell what the exact dates are but they look to be both in the 20s of the start and end months)
Also that makes Sense with the Spring London weather

So moon knight set in April - July 2024 or 2025?
I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of upcoming projects are set in 2025. It seems like Multiverse of Madness will be set in 2025, at least.

BTW this is my own personal watch order which is a bit jarring but I think it works so far with what we know to connect to the MCU directly (im not counting into the spider-verse as MCM canon atm just because it doesn't directly reference anything in the MCU or its adjacent universes)
Plus it doesn't take forever to get back to these universes (for example think about the time gap without captain marvel until endgame)
I view the Sony stuff as wildly different variant universe/s of the MCU which is why I put it after what if.
It goes like this:

Endgame
Loki
What If S01
Spider-Man 2002
Spider-Man 2
Spider-Man 3
The Amazing Spider-Man
The Amazing Spider-Man 2
Venom
Venom Let there be carnage
Eternals
Wandavision
It sounds like a good idea to watch them, but LTBC, at least watch the credits before NWH

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of upcoming projects are set in 2025. It seems like Multiverse of Madness will be set in 2025, at least.
I think that it will be set on May or July 2024 or between April and July on 2025, i don't think Disney would want to Moon Knight affect events from other films and/or TV shows (TF&TWS and FFH), then i would think that i will take place between TF&TWS and FFH/Peter's To Do List or after NWH or DSitMoM

Edit: Also, i don't think that if it is placed after MoM it would have many repercusions, since the movie will take place mostly in the multiverse

Edit 2: Or i don't know, maybe it can be something like this:
2021 releases = Most 2024
2022 releases = Most 2025
2023 releases = Most 2026

If Yelena Belova knew that Eleanor Bishop was the client, then she would have had to do the following: Get hired by Valentina Allegra de Fontaine from an anonymous client, research that client to find out who she is, concoct a plan to take down Clint Barton (something she could have done for over a year), track him down, realize that Kate Bishop is with him, alter her plan to get information from Kate Bishop and somehow still not know that Kate Bishop and Eleanor Bishop are related until she sees Eleanor Bishop with Wilson Fisk - all in the span of a day or two.

Edit: Director comments regarding the timeline are seldom accurate. I think the evidence presented shows that Yelena took months to end up in NYC and will continue to believe so until on-screen evidence proves otherwise.

Last edited:
If Yelena Belova knew that Eleanor Bishop was the client, then she would have had to do the following: Get hired by Valentina Allegra de Fontaine from an anonymous client, research that client to find out who she is, concoct a plan to take down Clint Barton (something she could have done for over a year), track him down, realize that Kate Bishop is with him, alter her plan to get information from Kate Bishop and somehow still not know that Kate Bishop and Eleanor Bishop are related until she sees Eleanor Bishop with Wilson Fisk - all in the span of a day or two.

Edit: Director comments regarding the timeline are seldom accurate. I think the evidence presented shows that Yelena took months to end up in NYC and will continue to believe so until on-screen evidence proves otherwise.
Its possible that Valentina's file had all she needed to know on both Clint Barton and Kate Bishop before sending her directly to New York. The file could have also indicated "Do not Harm" on Kate Bishop which explains why she only intimidates her.

As for figuring out who Eleanor Bishop is, Yelena could have had a colleague who she asked to research who hired her immediately after being offered this job, and who only found out about the Eleanor connection shortly before Yelena sent the text.

It's a sloppy placement I agree, but it could work

Its possible that Valentina's file had all she needed to know on both Clint Barton and Kate Bishop before sending her directly to New York. The file could have also indicated "Do not Harm" on Kate Bishop which explains why she only intimidates her.

As for figuring out who Eleanor Bishop is, Yelena could have had a colleague who she asked to research who hired her immediately after being offered this job, and who only found out about the Eleanor connection shortly before Yelena sent the text.

It's a sloppy placement I agree, but it could work
Seems like we have to assume a lot to make it work.

I think this is one of those cases where you'll have to decide for yourself. I think the "official" way is far too sloppy, so I'm sticking with early 2024 and it takes months for Yelena's plan to enact.

Edit: Reminds of me of when Dave Filoni doubled down on The Lost Missions Clovis Arc being set after it was originally intended to be, despite tons of evidence to the contrary.

I think this is one of those cases where you'll have to decide for yourself. I think the "official" way is far too sloppy, so I'm sticking with early 2024 and it takes months for Yelena's plan to enact.

Edit: Reminds of me of when Dave Filoni doubled down on The Lost Missions Clovis Arc being set after it was originally intended to be, despite tons of evidence to the contrary.
Agreed, there certainly are other parts of the timeline I do that for already. So this is just par for the course as well.

BTW this is my own personal watch order which is a bit jarring but I think it works so far with what we know to connect to the MCU directly (im not counting into the spider-verse as MCM canon atm just because it doesn't directly reference anything in the MCU or its adjacent universes)
Plus it doesn't take forever to get back to these universes (for example think about the time gap without captain marvel until endgame)
I view the Sony stuff as wildly different variant universe/s of the MCU which is why I put it after what if.
It goes like this:

Endgame
Loki
What If S01
Spider-Man 2002
Spider-Man 2
Spider-Man 3
The Amazing Spider-Man
The Amazing Spider-Man 2
Venom
Venom Let there be carnage
Eternals
Wandavision
Honestly I think this is a perfectly good way to do it. Personally the only little change I'd make is I'd put Loki and What If after the non-MCU stuff that way it's more Infinity Saga, Non-MCU and then Loki introducing the MCU to multiverse stuff right after. But that's just because I feel like Endgame is a great place to kinda pause and Loki is a good place to resume

People who think the TVA should be in another tab, vote "Like".
People who think the TVA should be alongside the main MCU timeline, vote "Love".
At the end i think it is imposible to fit TVA scenes with the MCU timeline, however, i have a thought (even if there's been 7 months LOL)

Loki starts at Time Heist day (October 16th, 2023, according to the MCU Wiki) episode 3 begins that day but ends at the next (October 17th), since Loki and Sylvie were to much time on Lamentis, then the same thing happens with the Void and 1x05, long time there, another day (October 18th) Loki ends that day and that same day What If...? starts, and then every episode happens one day after the previous one, until 1x07 (October 24th), that same day 1x08 and 1x09 happen

But then, around the same day (about a week after the Blip, but after What If...?) Eternals starts and then it ends 6 days after (about October 30th), i don't have sources, but i think that it's to aproached to the likely timeline order, but IDK man

Last edited:
At the end i think it is imposible to fit TVA scenes with the MCU timeline, however, i have a thought (even if there's been 7 LOL)

Loki starts at Time Heist day (October 16th, 2023, according to the MCU Wiki) episode 3 begins that day but ends at the next (October 17th), since Loki and Sylvie were to much time on Lamentis, then the same thing happens with the Void and 1x05, long time there, another day (October 18th) Loki ends that day and that same day What If...? starts, and then every episode happens one day after the previous one, until 1x07 (October 24th), that same day 1x08 and 1x09 happen

But then, around the same day (about a week after the Blip, but after What If...?) Eternals starts and then it ends 6 days after (about October 30th), i don't have sources, but i think that it's to aproached to the likely timeline order, but IDK man
I just roughly estimated that Loki season 1 runs concurrent with the mid to last half of endgame due to the music heard at the beginning of episode 6 matching up with Peggy and Steve having their dance.
And what if and the Sonyverse all happens within in the week between Steve disappearing and the start of the eternals.

I just roughly estimated that Loki season 1 runs concurrent with the mid to last half of endgame due to the music heard at the beginning of episode 6 matching up with Peggy and Steve having their dance.
And what if and the Sonyverse all happens within in the week between Steve disappearing and the start of the eternals.
Man, i totally missed that, on Eternals Sprite says that Steve Rogers is "dead", then it should start after that (October 30th, according to the wiki), so then i think that it could start at October 31st and end at November 6th, the same day that WandaVision starts (dates from the wiki)

But again, nothing that could confirm it

I really think that Loki episodes happen outside of the main timeline. Trying to place it somewhere on the timeline seems a bit redundant.
Well the secondary goal of this thread is to put it in a relevant order to watch as well in the second post. That being said, the TVA does happen outside of the normal time and space, but up until He Who Remains is killed, everything is a part of the sacred timeline, so anywhere Loki, Sylvie, and the TVA goes does happen in the sacred timeline.

Man, i totally missed that, on Eternals Sprite says that Steve Rogers is "dead", then it should start after that (October 30th, according to the wiki), so then i think that it could start at October 31st and end at November 6th, the same day that WandaVision starts (dates from the wiki)

But again, nothing that could confirm it
I've argued that there is a line from Vision that was only heard during WV in that opening as well, placing it at least after WV, but I was told it was a part of a scene we didn't see in Civil War that was meant as a flashback. So I don't know.

I don't put Loki or What If anywhere near Endgame because while I understand that Loki appearing in the desert happens right after he departs in Endgame (similar to Loki's trail in TDW happening right after Avengers), we have no idea who much time really passes in the show. The one thing that bothers me is that nothing multiverse even happens until NWH, so how does He Who Remains dying right after Endgame result in nothing multiverse happening for a whole year?
I think it's far more likely that had He Who Remains remained in place NWH would never even have happened and Strange's spell wouldn't have even worked that way. So I personally believe one is the cause of the other. He Who Remains dies and shortly thereafter NWH happens because it's now possible to happen. So I actually have Loki and What If closer to NWH than Endgame in my own personal timeline.

As time has went on, I'm feeling a bit more comfortable with the idea of Eternals being in late 2024 instead of 2023. I know there is the "five years ago" line which has already been discussed as being an approximation by Ajak. Also, the earthquakes being suspected as being caused by the Blip still makes sense a year on from the Blip happening as there weren't any major events affecting the whole Earth from the end of Endgame to Eternals. The only things were Wandavision, Falcon and the Winter Soldier and Far From Home which I consider relatively small scale compared to the Blip. What do y'all think? I'm still happy to keep it in 2023 if more information can be found that places it there but, to me, it's clear that it wasn't supposed to be set in 2023 (due to the Disney+ timeline placement and comments from Nate Moore) even if the film itself might suggest it.
What does everyone else think?

Eternals being in 2024 always made more sense to me. The world just seems very settled for it being only a couple of weeks post-blip, and I feel like for years later every time there was anything unusual people would be going "oh god is this another blip".

That being said it could still work as being in 2023. I guess we will find out when Eternals 2 comes out and we get a bit more context

Eternals being in 2024 always made more sense to me. The world just seems very settled for it being only a couple of weeks post-blip, and I feel like for years later every time there was anything unusual people would be going "oh god is this another blip".

That being said it could still work as being in 2023. I guess we will find out when Eternals 2 comes out and we get a bit more context
Gosh I hope we don't have to wait that long.

Latest posts

Back