Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

Are you going to add Eternals: 500 Year War comic to the timeline?

I was actually working on a draft for the timeline notes, but forgot to save them, so I'll have to start from issue #5 again.

The thing is, while the story has some interesting lore additions to the MCU/Eternals lore, there's also some contradicting timeline info in it. I do think the story was meant to be a canon addition to the MCU, it looks very similar to the old prelude comics.

I'm curious as to what you guys think. Should it be on the timeline? If so, I'll finish my draft.

Side note: Would anyone be interested in doing one of these timelines for the Middle Earth Saga?

Oh how I would love a LOTR timeline. Would it involve the middle earth games: Shadow of War and Shadow of Mordor?
If it's the movie/show adaptation universe, yeah I'd say so. They fit in perfectly in that saga.

If it's the books, nope. Only the books are canon.

Oh how I would love a LOTR timeline. Would it involve the middle earth games: Shadow of War and Shadow of Mordor?
If you want a good Middle-Earth Timeline then Tolkien Gateway has a great one but it's only book related however using it you can place where Game media related to the films takes place. Best timeline I can give off the top of my head is for the films tho is

1300-2043 - The Rise of the Witch-King
2770 - Smaug takes Erebor
2941 - The Hobbit Films
2954 - Shadow of Mordor/War
3001 - Bilbo's Birthday
3018/19 - The Fellowship of the Ring
3019 - The Two Towers
3019 - The Return of the King
3019 - All Games Set During the Trilogy such as The Third Age, War in the North and Battle For Middle-Earth II
3021 - Frodo Leaves

Best guess on when The Rings of Power and The War of the Rohirrim will be set is SA 1500-1700 and TA 2759

Do we need to look back at Punisher season 2 at that phone date "13" of the thug Frank killed or the May calendar at the place Jigsaw robbed?
It might still fit somewhere in May 2018.

Especially if there was no date given for the Snap/Blip, could it be bumped up a week to accommodate for the Punisher and AoS squeezing beforehand?

Last edited:
Do we need to look back at Punisher season 2 at that phone date "13" of the thug Frank killed or the May calendar at the place Jigsaw robbed?
It might still fit somewhere in May 2018.

Especially if there was no date given for the Snap/Blip, could it be bumped up a week to accommodate for the Punisher and AoS squeezing beforehand?
It's based on "What If... Zombies!?".

I'll add, the 2 weeks between Ant-Man and the Wasp and Infinity War based on What If...? seems unnecessary. What If...? is already a different universe, and is more likely branches from another universe that also follows the sacred timeline (it's confirmed there's more than one).

So, in the Zombies episode, Homecoming takes place a single year before Ant-Man and the Wasp and Avengers: Infinity War. Steve had his Cap suit and shield despite the supposed events of Civil War. Peter had a different Spidey suit.

In Ultron, Thanos came to Earth in 2015 instead, and Ego was never killed.

In Captain Carter, the Tesseract was found at a later date and that guy from the Marvel One Shot was in the room when Steve was going to have the serum.

In the T'Challa Star-Lord timeline, Shuri was older... I guess?

In the Avengers Assassinated timeline, Hope was killed long before Fury's Big Week, already proving that while things appear the same, it's already different.

So, I would agree with The Punisher's timeline more because it's actually set in the MCU.

I'll add, the 2 weeks between Ant-Man and the Wasp and Infinity War based on What If...? seems unnecessary. What If...? is already a different universe, and is more likely branches from another universe that also follows the sacred timeline (it's confirmed there's more than one).

So, in the Zombies episode, Homecoming takes place a single year before Ant-Man and the Wasp and Avengers: Infinity War. Steve had his Cap suit and shield despite the supposed events of Civil War. Peter had a different Spidey suit.

In Ultron, Thanos came to Earth in 2015 instead, and Ego was never killed.

In Captain Carter, the Tesseract was found at a later date and that guy from the Marvel One Shot was in the room when Steve was going to have the serum.

In the T'Challa Star-Lord timeline, Shuri was older... I guess?

In the Avengers Assassinated timeline, Hope was killed long before Fury's Big Week, already proving that while things appear the same, it's already different.

So, I would agree with The Punisher's timeline more because it's actually set in the MCU.
Was there a given date in What If?

Yep. Bruce lands on Earth 2 weeks after Janet leaves the Quantum Realm.

I'd rather accept that an alternate version of Ant-Man and the Wasp happens later in the Zombies timeline, honestly. If we can accept Ego alive in 2015, we should be able to accept this, in my opinion.
Ah, well I rewatched and mapped out the Punisher s2 from ep 9 to 13 on my own personal Google Doc while we were chatting. It spans 3 days starting with the morning after Billy and his therapist have s-x.

Before the 3 month time jump, ep 13 can end on the 16th of May during the morning hours. So it could just squeeze right in before Thanos reaches Earth.

just throwing in my vote to move punisher back to may as well, since it's relevant now
I don't know what to think, i would say that it could be like the Supreme Ultron universe, in that episode we see that GotG Vol. 2 not happens yet, and Ego is destroyed by Ultron and not the Guardians, maybe is simillar in the Marvel Zombies universe

I don't know what to think, i would say that it could be like the Supreme Ultron universe, in that episode we see that GotG Vol. 2 not happens yet, and Ego is destroyed by Ultron and not the Guardians, maybe is simillar in the Marvel Zombies universe
Don't even over think it that much. The last few episodes of Punisher take place over a very short period of time that could EASILY fit in before the snap on May 17th.
Like I said earlier, at least 3 days pass between 2x09 and 2x13. The last episode makes it kinda iffy tho with the hospital scene and the cops finding Billy Russo's dead body having light coming through the windows...but that could be taken as moonlight showing through rooms where the lights are on.

Don't even over think it that much. The last few episodes of Punisher take place over a very short period of time that could EASILY fit in before the snap on May 17th.
Like I said earlier, at least 3 days pass between 2x09 and 2x13. The last episode makes it kinda iffy tho with the hospital scene and the cops finding Billy Russo's dead body having light coming through the windows...but that could be taken as moonlight showing through rooms where the lights are on.
I've actually had Punisher S2 in May on my timeline following the 13th date and the May calendar in one of the episodes. And I currently have it finishing on the 17th with Infinity War being a week after.

I've actually had Punisher S2 in May on my timeline following the 13th date and the May calendar in one of the episodes. And I currently have it finishing on the 17th with Infinity War being a week after.
Did you start off after Billy and his therapist are in bed after a night of *ahem* love-making? Because it intercuts between that and one of the previous days in which he is robbing places with his crew.

Latest posts

Back