Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

It might get complicated down the line if we did that. Deadpool 3, for example, brings in the entire X-Men franchise. What are we supposed to call X-Men: First Class? It's technically Earth-10005, Earth-66250, Earth-41633, Earth-17315 and Earth-18315 at the same time. What about The Gifted? That show is intended to be in the Days of Future Past timeline according to the latest statement by Matt Nix (sorry Blink). The wiki has it with it's own number because the statements have also been murky. Helstrom also has it's own TRN number despite being set in the MCU. TRNs in general are fan-made for use on the Marvel wiki.

Not to mention realities without even a temporary number, such as:
View attachment 760
View attachment 761
View attachment 762

I mean, you can make it an MCU Multiverse timeline if you like. Viewing Order gets a little wacky with the SSU involved, but sure.
I'd say keep this timeline to just MCU franchise projects. So include Deadpool 3 but not the others. The character is crossing timelines, just let it be the character, no need to cross the timelines themselves here

I know I'm a bit out-numbered on when the Black Widow Post-Credit's scene takes place, but I'm still not happy with it being where it's set. Is there any possible head-canon way to explain it being in Spring 2024 without blatant contradiction to canon?
Honestly, I said it before but it doesn't take less than a week to get to Clint. He's an Avenger and hung out with Nat, and worked for SHIELD, who helped set up his farm away from the hero life. Evan as Ronin he was able to remain stealthy for 5 years. How on Earth would it make any sense for Yelena to magically get hired, find Clint, discover who hired her isn't the client, research the person WHO HIRED THE PERSON to hire her, figure out that she had a daughter, research her, get to NYC, with a plan to take him down, all in the span of what...2 days? I honestly can't buy it. Assassin's need time to complete their contracts, that almost universal in every assassin film ever made. It's far more believable in canon, that she was hired at least a month beforehand if not several months beforehand and took that time to get her plan together and do all that research.

Honestly, I said it before but it doesn't take less than a week to get to Clint. He's an Avenger and hung out with Nat, and worked for SHIELD, who helped set up his farm away from the hero life. Evan as Ronin he was able to remain stealthy for 5 years. How on Earth would it make any sense for Yelena to magically get hired, find Clint, discover who hired her isn't the client, research the person WHO HIRED THE PERSON to hire her, figure out that she had a daughter, research her, get to NYC, with a plan to take him down, all in the span of what...2 days? I honestly can't buy it. Assassin's need time to complete their contracts, that almost universal in every assassin film ever made. It's far more believable in canon, that she was hired at least a month beforehand if not several months beforehand and took that time to get her plan together and do all that research.
100% agree. It's very sloppy and clumsy otherwise. Would this line of reasoning break canon in any way?

Then how can Nick Fury be in it?
The show will be set after FFH, and possibly Ms. Marvel or The Marvels, maybe flashbacks of some Skrulls infiltrating the high rank persons on the world, but Secret Invasion is definitley post-2024, with some relation with Armor Wars through James Rhodes making an appearence

So, it's confirmed that Wong will appear, so taking Shang Chi as reference, maybe he search for a very good lawyer to defend Blonsky in a trial and opens a portal to New York to bring Matt or Foggy, still ridiculous but, No Way Home done the same with the other Spideys so... (obviously if set in Los Angeles)
Was there ever any plans for William Hurt to appear? If so, I hope they already filmed those scenes. Too bad we'll never see him again. :(.

Maybe they can bring back Liv Tyler as Betty Ross again to attend her father's funeral in some project?

Was there ever any plans for William Hurt to appear? If so, I hope they already filmed those scenes. Too bad we'll never see him again. :(.

Maybe they can bring back Liv Tyler as Betty Ross again to attend her father's funeral in some project?
That's a shame! We probably will never see Ross become Red Hulk, unless they get someone else

That's a shame! We probably will never see Ross become Red Hulk, unless they get someone else
We may see a different character become Red Hulk. It is the MCU after all, we've seen changes like that before and with William Hurt dead it may be the only way we get him.

We may see a different character become Red Hulk. It is the MCU after all, we've seen changes like that before and with William Hurt dead it may be the only way we get him.
They might introduce Robert Maverick, who's also Red Hulk in the comics.

It might get complicated down the line if we did that. Deadpool 3, for example, brings in the entire X-Men franchise. What are we supposed to call X-Men: First Class? It's technically Earth-10005, Earth-66250, Earth-41633, Earth-17315 and Earth-18315 at the same time. What about The Gifted? That show is intended to be in the Days of Future Past timeline according to the latest statement by Matt Nix (sorry Blink). The wiki has it with it's own number because the statements have also been murky. Helstrom also has it's own TRN number despite being set in the MCU. TRNs in general are fan-made for use on the Marvel wiki.

Not to mention realities without even a temporary number, such as:
View attachment 760
View attachment 761
View attachment 762

I mean, you can make it an MCU Multiverse timeline if you like. Viewing Order gets a little wacky with the SSU involved, but sure.
Wade doesn't actually kill baby Hitler in an extended scene, and Peter was such a nothing human being in the grand scheme of things, I would imagine those weren't impactful enough to create branches - but rather alterations to the current timeline.
As Ryan Reynolds, yeah that would create some unknown branch.

Wade doesn't actually kill baby Hitler in an extended scene, and Peter was such a nothing human being in the grand scheme of things, I would imagine those weren't impactful enough to create branches - but rather alterations to the current timeline.
As Ryan Reynolds, yeah that would create some unknown branch.
Of course, but does that not make Peter dying an altered timeline, since he couldn't be both dead and alive? Was Deadpool always there with Hitler in 1889 in the X-Men film timeline?

100% agree. It's very sloppy and clumsy otherwise. Would this line of reasoning break canon in any way?
I personally don't think so since it's mostly head canoning out the logic anyway. Had we been given a more concrete date of WHEN Elenor, Wilson, and Yelena made that job hire happen we'd be able to say yay or nay.

Then how can Nick Fury be in it?
Just going to remind everyone that Fury told Carol in the 90's that he doesn't like diagonally cut sandwiches, and yet in Age of Ultron...he cuts his sandwich diagonally. Talos may have been doubling Fury for far longer than the blip.

Just going to remind everyone that Fury told Carol in the 90's that he doesn't like diagonally cut sandwiches, and yet in Age of Ultron...he cuts his sandwich diagonally. Talos may have been doubling Fury for far longer than the blip.
Still either is Talos or Fury one got snapped, and both are appearing on Secret Invasion, it has to be after Endgame

Feige said it would explore what happened during the snap-blip period, he never said it was literally set during it. Likely Skrulls posing as political figures and people who died in the snap, or at least that's my guess.

Of course, but does that not make Peter dying an altered timeline, since he couldn't be both dead and alive? Was Deadpool always there with Hitler in 1889 in the X-Men film timeline?
Peter didn't do anything to change the course of events that lead to the remainder of the film, regardless if he lived or died. Hitler....well, Wade just picked him and cradled him briefly.

What I'm saying is yes, that IS an altered timeline. Ripples make slight meaningless little changes that weren't there before in the current timeline, but MAJOR waves of changes cause branches.

Just like I'm sure Loki was never always at Pompeii before he the TVA took him there, but that ultimately did overwrite what came before because it didn't mean anything - the city was lava'd immediately afterwords.

Peter didn't do anything to change the course of events that lead to the remainder of the film. Hitler....well, Wade just picked him and cradled him briefly.

I mean that the timeline must have been changed because Peter was dead and now he's alive. I'm aware Wade never killed Hitler, but I mean to say if we can say, 90 years before X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Earth-41633's Deadpool changed Hitler's diapers?
What I'm saying is yes, that IS an altered timeline. Ripples make slight meaningless little changes that weren't there before in the current timeline, but MAJOR waves of changes cause branches.
So the timeline of Earth-41633 is altered so that Deadpool held Hitler and Peter is alive? My interpretation is that they are separate timelines but where the events played out exactly. For example, it's confirmed that the Sacred Timeline is a collection of timelines that all follow the same general events, Earth-199999 being one of them, which is presumably where HWR came from.

So, in the X-Men timeline, Peter being alive is an alternate timeline where the events play out exactly the same, just like when Cable went back in time to save Deadpool. Baby Hitler is probably a similar case. David Haller in Legion 3x03 might be the same for that universe, since the changes were miniscule, unless it's a closed loop.
I wasn't disagreeing with you btw @Pro Bot :p
Bro, I love these types of discussions. Don't worry about it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back