Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

Watching that guy's 7.0 timeline video, is there are reason he put Eternals early 2024? He doesn't seem to go over the pumpkins in Phastos lawn.

Watching that guy's 7.0 timeline video, is there are reason he put Eternals early 2024? He doesn't seem to go over the pumpkins in Phastos lawn.
I've had issues with some of his placements in the past. I assume the early 2024 stuff is related to them saying it's around the same time as FFH and TF&TWS.

He states it's because it's the middle ground between the films clear 2023 placement and the directors/writers saying it's closer to summer 2024 so he puts it right at the start of 2024. So he was half right

Last edited:
He states it's because it's the middle ground between the films clear 2023 placement and the directors/writers saying it's closer to summer 2024 so he puts it right at the start of 2024. So he was half right
2 things
1) My faith in Moon Knights 2025 timeline placement has been shattered since I watched Geekcritique's videos about it being June 2024 now idk which it is either but I read a article somewhere that they had to cut an Echo cameo from the show so wouldn't it make more sense for it to be May/June 2025 then before Hawkeye in 2024 but then again originally Hawkeye was supposed to be in Summer 2024 so maybe it is 2024 omg I'm so conflicted
2) I also have a problem with Geekcritique's Eternals placement because of phasto's house decorations and yes the pumpkin (which I couldn't tell if it was a ball or not so yeah) but the wreath on their front door (which made me think closer to Dec 2023) is actually covered in bones and skulls (Aka Halloween decorations) so I think halloween has just past by a day or 2 and that still gives us enough wiggle room for WandaVision to fit snugly after the majority of the film

I don't think we should be using concepts that were "originally planned" for a project (Moon Knight in 2024/Echo cameo, Hawkeye in summer 2024, etc.). May as well include deleted scenes at that point
To be fair, as stated earlier, we don't really have any evidence MK is in 2025, but we do have evidence it is in 2024. As minor of evidence as it is. I do agree though, supposed cameos and dropped scenes shouldn't be used to place things on the timeline.

2 things
1) My faith in Moon Knights 2025 timeline placement has been shattered since I watched Geekcritique's videos about it being June 2024 now idk which it is either but I read a article somewhere that they had to cut an Echo cameo from the show so wouldn't it make more sense for it to be May/June 2025 then before Hawkeye in 2024 but then again originally Hawkeye was supposed to be in Summer 2024 so maybe it is 2024 omg I'm so conflicted
2) I also have a problem with Geekcritique's Eternals placement because of phasto's house decorations and yes the pumpkin (which I couldn't tell if it was a ball or not so yeah) but the wreath on their front door (which made me think closer to Dec 2023) is actually covered in bones and skulls (Aka Halloween decorations) so I think halloween has just past by a day or 2 and that still gives us enough wiggle room for WandaVision to fit snugly after the majority of the film
Cut concepts aren't a great placement of the timeline but on that they said Echo was pulled from Moon Knight because she was added to Hawkeye so that wouldn't affect it anyway. And yes I also disagree with his Eternals placement but in credit to him he did say that late 2023 makes more sense but mid 2024 is what the others states so he went with early 2024. Seems like more of a people pleaser placement than actual placement.

Cut concepts aren't a great placement of the timeline but on that they said Echo was pulled from Moon Knight because she was added to Hawkeye so that wouldn't affect it anyway. And yes I also disagree with his Eternals placement but in credit to him he did say that late 2023 makes more sense but mid 2024 is what the others states so he went with early 2024. Seems like more of a people pleaser placement than actual placement.
No people pleasing on here. Only logic and reason!

Yeah, I have begun watching many of his videos out of sheer curiosity, and a lot of his evidence for placements is interesting to say the least. Loki was the one I was most interested in, because I personally don't have it right after Endgame, and I find his percentages interesting that near 50% of the show takes place in an unknown time like the TVA. It doesn't discount our placement here or my own, which I was hoping it would. Shucks.

Yeah, I have begun watching many of his videos out of sheer curiosity, and a lot of his evidence for placements is interesting to say the least. Loki was the one I was most interested in, because I personally don't have it right after Endgame, and I find his percentages interesting that near 50% of the show takes place in an unknown time like the TVA. It doesn't discount our placement here or my own, which I was hoping it would. Shucks.
Yeah after his Moon Knight video I watched his other timeline stuff except the Loki one when I should've been workin haha. There's a few places where I disagree and the Moon Knight placement was the only thing I changed after I watched it so I thought it was worth bringing it up here. Out of curiosity where do you place Loki cause I watch it right after Endgame

Yeah after his Moon Knight video I watched his other timeline stuff except the Loki one when I should've been workin haha. There's a few places where I disagree and the Moon Knight placement was the only thing I changed after I watched it so I thought it was worth bringing it up here. Out of curiosity where do you place Loki cause I watch it right after Endgame
I watch Loki BEFORE Endgame as I place the TVA scenes as occurring not long after Loki gets the tesseract. It's at this moment the 2023 TVA notices the new timeline variant the Avengers created in 2012. Basically as soon as the Avengers return to 2023, Loki takes place and I think it wraps up before the small time jump to Tony's funeral. Whenever there is overlap, I always watch what chronologically ends first, first.

First two acts of Endgame > Time Heist > Loki series (TVA scenes) > Tony's funeral to the end of the film.

I watch Loki BEFORE Endgame as I place the TVA scenes as occurring not long after Loki gets the tesseract. It's at this moment the 2023 TVA notices the new timeline variant the Avengers created in 2012. Basically as soon as the Avengers return to 2023, Loki takes place and I think it wraps up before the small time jump to Tony's funeral. Whenever there is overlap, I always watch what chronologically ends first, first.

First two acts of Endgame > Time Heist > Loki series (TVA scenes) > Tony's funeral to the end of the film.
That's fair. While I agree that watching what chronologically ends first first (as I do with Fury's Big Week) personally I go Endgame Loki as the events of Endgame must start for Loki to happen and due to the time travel and the events of Loki taking place outside of the main MCU's Timeline, or largely any other timeline, therefore wouldn't happen in relation to any events set within the timeline and therefore can't be calculated properly for when they're ending. So I go Endgame as it has to happen for Loki to happen and then I do a quick "meanwhile in the multiverse" thing with Loki followed by What If before coming back to the main MCU. I guess in the end of either way if you watch Endgame or Loki first you have to go back in time, either back from the end of Endgame to the start of Loki or back from the end of Loki to the start of Endgame, I just find Endgame to Loki flows better myself.

That's fair. While I agree that watching what chronologically ends first first (as I do with Fury's Big Week) personally I go Endgame Loki as the events of Endgame must start for Loki to happen and due to the time travel and the events of Loki taking place outside of the main MCU's Timeline, or largely any other timeline, therefore wouldn't happen in relation to any events set within the timeline and therefore can't be calculated properly for when they're ending. So I go Endgame as it has to happen for Loki to happen and then I do a quick "meanwhile in the multiverse" thing with Loki followed by What If before coming back to the main MCU. I guess in the end of either way if you watch Endgame or Loki first you have to go back in time, either back from the end of Endgame to the start of Loki or back from the end of Loki to the start of Endgame, I just find Endgame to Loki flows better myself.
It's def. subjective. I just assume that the TVA are in real-time (October 2023) and that as soon as the Avengers return back from the heist, they are notified at that time of a divergence.

To be honest, I watch Loki/What If right before FFH. I'm well aware of the opening being right after Endgame, but considering most of the show takes place in an unknown time AND all the time jumps to other areas, the scene he is captured by the TVA is so minor that I consider it in roughly the same way as the opening of Thor 2 with the trial of Loki. As in, we don't use that to justify watching it right after Avengers, as the majority of the film takes place over a year later.

But to get even deeper into my reasoning, as I have stated on here before, taking out He Who Remains is a HUGE deal, and it seems like nothing even matters until you get to Strange's spell in NWH. By killing He Who Remains, it allows Strange's spell to go off and thus allows both NWH and DS2 to happen. Further, this is kind of an out there point, but a lot of people have asked why it took Wanda a year and a half to even get the spells working to do what she did when she was able to solve runes almost immediately. By suggesting that He Who Remains was continuing to cull the timelines to keep the sacred timeline intact, you could argue that he was stopping Wanda's spells from working for a considerable amount of time and after he was taken out, the spell finally worked.

Granted its more of logic based on things needing to be inferred, but logically it fills in that gap of the plot for me. As for putting it before FFH, well...the same way Infinity War and Endgame should be watched together, I think FFH and NWH work together too and I'd rather not interrupt them in my viewing, so before FFH goes Loki.

I know many on here disagree, and that is totally cool. I love talking out things with everyone here, but I keep my own guide for reasons like what I wrote. I try to build mine so that it makes sense logically if I were to hand a hard drive to someone with everything on it, and they could watch it in my order and have as few questions as possible.

To be honest, I watch Loki/What If right before FFH. I'm well aware of the opening being right after Endgame, but considering most of the show takes place in an unknown time AND all the time jumps to other areas, the scene he is captured by the TVA is so minor that I consider it in roughly the same way as the opening of Thor 2 with the trial of Loki. As in, we don't use that to justify watching it right after Avengers, as the majority of the film takes place over a year later.

But to get even deeper into my reasoning, as I have stated on here before, taking out He Who Remains is a HUGE deal, and it seems like nothing even matters until you get to Strange's spell in NWH. By killing He Who Remains, it allows Strange's spell to go off and thus allows both NWH and DS2 to happen. Further, this is kind of an out there point, but a lot of people have asked why it took Wanda a year and a half to even get the spells working to do what she did when she was able to solve runes almost immediately. By suggesting that He Who Remains was continuing to cull the timelines to keep the sacred timeline intact, you could argue that he was stopping Wanda's spells from working for a considerable amount of time and after he was taken out, the spell finally worked.

Granted its more of logic based on things needing to be inferred, but logically it fills in that gap of the plot for me. As for putting it before FFH, well...the same way Infinity War and Endgame should be watched together, I think FFH and NWH work together too and I'd rather not interrupt them in my viewing, so before FFH goes Loki.

I know many on here disagree, and that is totally cool. I love talking out things with everyone here, but I keep my own guide for reasons like what I wrote. I try to build mine so that it makes sense logically if I were to hand a hard drive to someone with everything on it, and they could watch it in my order and have as few questions as possible.
Yeah I do FFH and NWH back to back. I do mine it a rough timeline order as follows:

Loki
What If
Eternals
WandaVision
Shang-Chi
FatWS
Moon Knight
FFH
NWH
Hawkeye
MoM
Ms. Marvel

And your point on He Who Remains death is cool. While I think Strange's spell could've possibly maybe till brought some people into the MCU from within the Sacred Timeline it likely may not have worked that way until everything was free to connect again. And Scarlet Witch doubtfully would've been able to find America Chavez as she likely couldn't have gotten into the Scared Timeline at all while it was a thing seeing as it was separated from the larger multiverse.

Before i prefered to saw Loki and What If...? right after Endgame, after Feige said that the events on Loki unleashed the multiverse i changed to see Loki and What If...? right before NWH

Before i prefered to saw Loki and What If...? right after Endgame, after Feige said that the events on Loki unleashed the multiverse i changed to see Loki and What If...? right before NWH
It definitely fits thematically right there

Latest posts

Back