Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

Given that the weather lines up (almost every location whether it be 616 New York, Kamar-Taj, or 838 New York looks to be Fall), along with no specific year being given within the movie, unless later contradicted, I think the Disney + placement does work for Multiverse of Madness. I was hesitant at first, but after rewatching the movie, I saw nothing that would make me question it.

So is Multiverse set from Feb to March or entirely Feb?
I was thinking it starts in late February or early March and lasts for 3/4 days for the main events but it could also start in mid to late March (so the majority of the film would be in late February or in anytime in March)

I was thinking it starts in late February or early March and lasts for 3/4 days for the main events but it could also start in mid to late March (so the majority of the film would be in late February or in anytime in March)
I agree. We know it's at earliest late November, most articles and leakers put it 2 months after No Way Home about, the trees say early fall but since most are still fully green or just turned orange that doesn't really help since that doesn't line up with late November anyway. I'd go around late Feb/early Mar

Given that the weather lines up (almost every location whether it be 616 New York, Kamar-Taj, or 838 New York looks to be Fall), along with no specific year being given within the movie, unless later contradicted, I think the Disney + placement does work for Multiverse of Madness. I was hesitant at first, but after rewatching the movie, I saw nothing that would make me question it.
Thing is at the earliest it's Late November and most of the trees were still largely green so that doesn't line up well either but since the film originally took place before No Way Home that explains why. However since it has been moved to about 2 months after. Unfortunately thanks to covid the seasons appearance isn't going to line up on this one.

Thing is at the earliest it's Late November and most of the trees were still largely green so that doesn't line up well either but since the film originally took place before No Way Home that explains why. However since it has been moved to about 2 months after. Unfortunately thanks to covid the seasons appearance isn't going to line up on this one.
I still think Mid-Late November matches more than February/March. And like I said, there's nothing in the movie that says 2 months have passed. Unless otherwise contradicted, I'm choosing to stick with the Disney+ placement on this one.

I still think Mid-Late November matches more than February/March. And like I said, there's nothing in the movie that says 2 months have passed. Unless otherwise contradicted, I'm choosing to stick with the Disney+ placement on this one.
I agree with this. Also, we need to remember that someone at Marvel Studios said that Eternals takes place around the same time as Far From Home which is obviously not true. We can't always use a quote from someone (forgot whoever said it was 2 years) as gospel, just something to take into account with the other evidence for timeline placement.

I agree with this. Also, we need to remember that someone at Marvel Studios said that Eternals takes place around the same time as Far From Home which is obviously not true. We can't always use a quote from someone (forgot whoever said it was 2 years) as gospel, just something to take into account with the other evidence for timeline placement.
But the other evidence doesn't line up for late November either tho that's my point, it lines up for early Fall where most of the trees are still green not late November near the start of winter where most of the trees have no green or leaves at all, which we know it can't be either. And you're right we can't take comments like that as law, however this isn't some director commenting, it was information given to the articles to state and when referring to the time the film takes place stated the same thing word for word. This shows it was offical information given not a director saying "it's after Endgame around Far From Home" and everyone exaggerating that to mean litterally around Far From Home and not just shortly after Endgame. PS one producer said Eternals takes place around FFH, not everyone at Marvel. It just gotten taken far too litterally. His actual comment was "around the time of FFH when the world is recovering from the attack of Thanos" being more of a general just after Endgame comment and not one based on the month. Remember he was just a producer, not someone directly involved in story.

TL;DR, there isn't anything that truly lines up with this film. The weather doesn't match November or February due to covid messing up that it was supposed to be before NWH chronologically, the film doesn't give anything definitive besides after NWH, Disney+ has proven time and time again it's incorrect and we can't listen to the words of directors, writers and articles as it's law cause they can be wrong. But when the film doesn't give us anything of use (like in the case of Eternals) the best thing to do is go off officially released information which states 2 months after.

Last edited:
Also when strange says to America that they recently had experience with the multiverse with Spider-Man, notice how Wong acts in that scene and about how strange casting the first spell and screwing everything up which makes me think it's a few months later not weeks where he's starting to forgive Stephen and isn't as sore and I told you so about it but he's still waving the fact that he's sorcerer supreme in his face every chance he gets which also indicates that he isn't fully over it

There's evidence both ways, so it's really up to you to decide where you want it. On this site we try to be accurate to what it is, not what we want. And the only evidence we have officially is the two months later thing as stated.
That being said, I agree with you and believe that it fits better thematically after NWH in November. I actually put the entire multiverse section together in my guide: Loki, What If, NWH, DS2. All in a row. So far it really is the only major story running through Phase 4 so until more content comes out, I prefer to keep them together if I can.

Disney + Japan added Far From Home on the timeline after The Falcon & The Winter Soldier (Good) but before Shang-Chi (Bad). They're literally placing a movie set during the beginning of summer break before a movie that takes place around an April holiday.

Disney + Japan added Far From Home on the timeline after The Falcon & The Winter Soldier (Good) but before Shang-Chi (Bad). They're literally placing a movie set during the beginning of summer break before a movie that takes place around an April holiday.
That Chinese Holiday takes place in April. Thought we wouldn't notice. But we did

How much of a time jump is there by the end?
The post credits scene takes place about 3 weeks from when America and Stephen first get to Earth 838 so if we say 3 weeks from then I'm guessing that the mid credits scene would be in between the 3 week jump so a week or 2 perhaps? The trees look greener and have more leaves so I would suggest a early spring timeframe (March 2025?)

Latest posts

Back