Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

That was only in the script, not on screen
In that case I'm not sure, the wiki, wikipedia and a few articles list her as blipped. The film may mention it as her page on the wiki states Thor: Love and Thunder as a source that she was blipped

Ok I think I've figured out when Thor Love and Thunder takes place and how I got to that conclusion but fair warning in advance there will be spoilers ahead

So the more I think about the summer stuff like the Infinity Cones store opening and the Asgard tours the more that makes me believe in a summer setting (So June,July,August) so if we go off of when American school summer holidays begin just as an example (I took the start date of Spider-Man Far from Home because they are just starting summer school holidays) so that puts us in June 28th roughly or the last weekday of the last week of school in 2025 which comes to

Saturday June 28th 2025

Ok so we have our estimated start date for the main events in the film

Now if we use the 8 years,7 months and 6 days bit of dialogue from Thor then we work backwards from our estimate

Which brings us to 22nd November 2017

Now we know for a fact that Thor Ragnarok happens in November 2017 and that Thor and Jane have already mutually broken up by this point but if we also take Agents of Shield into account in Season 5 Episode 11 when the team are returning home from an alternate future timeline it is said that while they were gone The start and possibly the entire main events of the movie have taken place and around episode 12 or 13 there is a mention of it being in early December now

So that further puts Thor Ragnarok in Late November 2017 a few days to a week before A.O.S S05E11 occurs

Now by this point you're probably wondering what I'm going on about because Thor went to search for the Infinity Stones in Mid 2015 and didn't come back to earth until May 2018

Well in Thor Love and Thunder there is a lengthy montage of flashbacks to when Thor and Jane were together on earth from Thor the Dark world, there is a reference to what I believe is the start of Avengers Age of Ultron and then more flashbacks past that suggesting that Thor never stayed away for too long meaning that because of this small montage this makes my theory viable.

Now it's not a fixed day but I'm fairly sure that I'm very close to it maybe add a few days as long as it's before Thor Ragnarok and not too far away from Summer holidays starting

Ok I think I've figured out when Thor Love and Thunder takes place and how I got to that conclusion but fair warning in advance there will be spoilers ahead

So the more I think about the summer stuff like the Infinity Cones store opening and the Asgard tours the more that makes me believe in a summer setting (So June,July,August) so if we go off of when American school summer holidays begin just as an example (I took the start date of Spider-Man Far from Home because they are just starting summer school holidays) so that puts us in June 28th roughly or the last weekday of the last week of school in 2025 which comes to

Saturday June 28th 2025

Ok so we have our estimated start date for the main events in the film

Now if we use the 8 years,7 months and 6 days bit of dialogue from Thor then we work backwards from our estimate

Which brings us to 22nd November 2017

Now we know for a fact that Thor Ragnarok happens in November 2017 and that Thor and Jane have already mutually broken up by this point but if we also take Agents of Shield into account in Season 5 Episode 11 when the team are returning home from an alternate future timeline it is said that while they were gone The start and possibly the entire main events of the movie have taken place and around episode 12 or 13 there is a mention of it being in early December now

So that further puts Thor Ragnarok in Late November 2017 a few days to a week before A.O.S S05E11 occurs

Now by this point you're probably wondering what I'm going on about because Thor went to search for the Infinity Stones in Mid 2015 and didn't come back to earth until May 2018

Well in Thor Love and Thunder there is a lengthy montage of flashbacks to when Thor and Jane were together on earth from Thor the Dark world, there is a reference to what I believe is the start of Avengers Age of Ultron and then more flashbacks past that suggesting that Thor never stayed away for too long meaning that because of this small montage this makes my theory viable.

Now it's not a fixed day but I'm fairly sure that I'm very close to it maybe add a few days as long as it's before Thor Ragnarok and not too far away from Summer holidays starting
8 Years, 7 Months, and 6 days would actually be November 2016 (If the movie is June 2025).
This would put the breakup around a year and a half after Age of Ultron. Which still fits with the montage.

Last edited:
When Jane is in the lab, there's a 4/30 date on one of the vials as she's testing her blood. The vial is zoomed in and clear, so I believe it's accurate. Of course, there can be a time jump between here and when she goes to New Asgard, but I still think a May/June 2025 placement makes sense.

I mean this isn't the first Disney endorsed timeline they've released that's been wrong.
I wouldn't know to be honest. Just looked to me to be Marvel themselves confirming the order, regardless of Disney+. But I guess there has been lots of "official" books and so on apparently endorsed by Marvel that were wrong. I'll ignore it for now!

I wouldn't know to be honest. Just looked to me to be Marvel themselves confirming the order, regardless of Disney+. But I guess there has been lots of "official" books and so on apparently endorsed by Marvel that were wrong. I'll ignore it for now!
Always good to post it here. Ya never know right.

Yeah, the originally put Widow where it is, then the switched it to after Panther, then they switched it back to its original placement. That alone tells me that they don't have Feige's ear and are just guessing as much as everyone else.

As of the first viewing I'm personally going to place Thor: Love and Thunder sometime soon after April 30, 2024 (June-July) using the date on the vial in the lab and some other inferences, like the 8 year line for the break-up (this puts them breaking up in August-September 2015 leaving Thor open to search for the Infinity Stones leading up to Ragnarok). I didn't really notice anything else that really indicated a timeframe other than the New Asgard attractions opening (seems like something that would happen sooner rather than later after the blip) and the news ticker in No Way Home in July referencing political unrest in New Asgard (possibly a reference to the children being taken?). Again not stating anything definitive, just my initial thoughts, I'm seeing it again Sunday so I'll keep an eye out for anything else.

Another point is that the release of the Guardians Holiday Special should make placing a year for this film a lot easier supposing they specify a year (the Guardians movies are among those that use actual on-screen dates rather than "present day" or "now" so I'm hopeful that the special will specify).

As of the first viewing I'm personally going to place Thor: Love and Thunder sometime soon after April 30, 2024 (June-July) using the date on the vial in the lab and some other inferences, like the 8 year line for the break-up (this puts them breaking up in August-September 2015 leaving Thor open to search for the Infinity Stones leading up to Ragnarok). I didn't really notice anything else that really indicated a timeframe other than the New Asgard attractions opening (seems like something that would happen sooner rather than later after the blip) and the news ticker in No Way Home in July referencing political unrest in New Asgard (possibly a reference to the children being taken?). Again not stating anything definitive, just my initial thoughts, I'm seeing it again Sunday so I'll keep an eye out for anything else.

Another point is that the release of the Guardians Holiday Special should make placing a year for this film a lot easier supposing they specify a year (the Guardians movies are among those that use actual on-screen dates rather than "present day" or "now" so I'm hopeful that the special will specify).
I feel like the New Asgard attractions actually lean more towards 2025 as it would take some time to complete everything. I still feel like the "political turmoil" in No Way Home wasn't a direct reference to Love & Thunder, and with nothing specifically placing the movie in 2024, I think 2025 works better since Spring/Summer 2024 is already pretty crowded. Especially if Moon Knight is now also June 2024.

I gotta say I agree with this. This also lines up with what they said about Moon Knight initially referencing Love and Thunder's events with Gorr before Covid messed up how things were releasing, even tho cut content doesn't really count for accuracy it is still interesting that it lines up with that. I think Summer 2024 until further notice is what I'm gonna have to go with. In the end it'll be the GotG Holiday Special that fully places this film I think

Edit: Alright so I'm conflicted now with where Love and Thunder goes honestly. I'm thinking until something concrete, or really anything giving us a year happens, I'm gonna stick to 2025 since many films happen when they are released and is 2021 releases largely mean 2024 placement then it stands to reason that 2022 releases are 2025 unless otherwise noted.

Last edited:
As much as I don't like the Disney+ timeline, I'm just going to wait for that to decide a definite year placement. So far, however, I'm placing it in summer 2025.

Yeah, the originally put Widow where it is, then the switched it to after Panther, then they switched it back to its original placement. That alone tells me that they don't have Feige's ear and are just guessing as much as everyone else.
I put a lot down to the fact they can't splice up films. Where there's overlap (ending of Widow with Panther), then they have to make a decision of whether it's before or after. They can consult with Fiege and co as much or as little as they like, but as a streaming service, they have to choose the best order to watch it if there's overlap.

Where there appears to be no overlap (most of Phase 4), I'm personally using their order as much as possible.

I put a lot down to the fact they can't splice up films. Where there's overlap (ending of Widow with Panther), then they have to make a decision of whether it's before or after. They can consult with Fiege and co as much or as little as they like, but as a streaming service, they have to choose the best order to watch it if there's overlap.

Where there appears to be no overlap (most of Phase 4), I'm personally using their order as much as possible.
I'm choosing to use their order too, except for the places there are obvious contradictions like Eternals and Shang-Chi. Stuff like Moon Knight is still vague enough to where I think their placement works (I'm still not personally sure the moon phase thing was intentional and even if it was, I think thing's changed). I'm hoping Love & Thunder is placed in between Moon Knight and Ms. Marvel, but I guess we'll see.

That is probably what happened with Dark World. Dark World takes place directly after the Avengers with Loki's trial and then picks up a year later.

I'm choosing to use their order too, except for the places there are obvious contradictions like Eternals and Shang-Chi. Stuff like Moon Knight is still vague enough to where I think their placement works (I'm still not personally sure the moon phase thing was intentional and even if it was, I think thing's changed). I'm hoping Love & Thunder is placed in between Moon Knight and Ms. Marvel, but I guess we'll see.
Yeah I'm gonna use their order for Love and Thunder too as it'll be the only thing that really points to a specific year. I still use what the films present first if it lines up like with Eternals, Shang-Chi and Moon Knight but for this one I think Disney+ is gonna be our best bet for a year until something more specific happens.

Latest posts

Back