Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

Bruce still has injured arm. Almost 2 years is too long for me. Plus it takes place after Shang-Chi - LINK. So:

Shang-Chi - March/April 2024
"A few months ago" She-Hulk - April/May(?) 2024
Present She-Hulk - August 2024
I don't think that was an injury he was going to heal from personally. Clearly that wasn't something his healing factor was going to fix and it wasn't exactly a normally injury. I mean he used 6 of the most powerful cosmic artifacts at once, there's a good change that injury was gonna be permanent until he gave his healing a kick-start from Jen. Just me right now but I don't see anything that prevents this from being 2025 yet.

Are we forgetting that Wong is wearing the same clothes from Multiverse of Madness just with an extra cloak which signals to me that unless there is another big time jump within the next couple of episodes this takes place in 2025 after DS MoM and that new daredevil suit which would also fit the post NWH/MoM time frame

Can I just say quickly how much I appreciate the actual thought that goes into the MCU on here. Seriously any other site talking to people about stuff like the Timeline is like talking to a brick wall, even when we disagree here you all have very good arguments for why. On places like Reddit unless Marvel straight explains something to your face people have no ability to use common sense. The way the Disney+ timeline is worshipped and any disagreement with it gets downvoted is ridiculous

Ms. Marvel is definitely 2025 tho right based on a lot of evidence from the series yeah?
True yeah, I should have been more specific, I was in a rush this morning and typed that out quickly. Obviously Eternals and WV is also not 2024 too haha.

True yeah, I should have been more specific, I was in a rush this morning and typed that out quickly. Obviously Eternals and WV is also not 2024 too haha.
Right yeah fair enough. Personally I still put Multiverse of Madness and Love and Thunder in 2025 with She-Hulk until further notice. I got my fingers crossed that we'll get a legal document with a date on it haha

I don't think that was an injury he was going to heal from personally. Clearly that wasn't something his healing factor was going to fix and it wasn't exactly a normally injury. I mean he used 6 of the most powerful cosmic artifacts at once, there's a good change that injury was gonna be permanent until he gave his healing a kick-start from Jen. Just me right now but I don't see anything that prevents this from being 2025 yet.
Let's also not forget that even after a monthish, Thanos' arm was still messed up and he couldn't even use it to make soup...so I think you are right about the healing thing.

Right yeah fair enough. Personally I still put Multiverse of Madness and Love and Thunder in 2025 with She-Hulk until further notice. I got my fingers crossed that we'll get a legal document with a date on it haha
That would actually help out a ton to be honest.

According to this article She-Hulk is set in summer 2025. They break down the first 3 episodes and some easter eggs and references. Spoiler warning for those wanting to avoid them, I put the specific reference below.

Wong references erasing everyone's mind implying the events of NWH have passed

Bruce still has injured arm. Almost 2 years is too long for me. Plus it takes place after Shang-Chi - LINK. So:

Shang-Chi - March/April 2024
"A few months ago" She-Hulk - April/May(?) 2024
Present She-Hulk - August 2024
August 2025 still matches with what was said about the show being "not years after Shang-Chi". And we don't know how long it would take for Bruce's arm to heal. So far, I see nothing saying Disney + is wrong on this one. And to me, I don't see them being wrong since Eternals. Whoever is behind the timeline should know Hawkeye is clearly December 2024 and are purposefully placing these shows in 2025.

August 2025 still matches with what was said about the show being "not years after Shang-Chi". And we don't know how long it would take for Bruce's arm to heal. So far, I see nothing saying Disney + is wrong on this one. And to me, I don't see them being wrong since Eternals. Whoever is behind the timeline should know Hawkeye is clearly December 2024 and are purposefully placing these shows in 2025.
I agree that there's nothing yet saying She-Hulk shouldn't be 2025

I agree that there's nothing yet saying She-Hulk shouldn't be 2025
I honestly don't get the reasoning behind trying to fit everything to 2024. I feel like it's crowded as is. Plus it makes sense that 2021 would mainly be 2024 set productions and 2022 be 2025. Like I said earlier, I wouldn't be surprised if Love & Thunder is treated as being around July 2025 and Wakanda Forever around November 2025.

Another thing I liked about She-Hulk was the further confirmation that Bruce was on Sakaar for "over 2 years". I still notice a lot of people wanting to place Ragnarok as being right before Infinity War due to the end credit scene.

Not saying I agree, but I just watched a YouTube video in my recommendations that discusses Shang-Chi as being in July 2024 rather than April. Matching it with the Disney + timeline which places The Falcon & The Winter Soldier (and in Japan, Far From Home) as being before the movie. The video discusses how Far From Home included the Festival of Lights in July rather than October and we recently also have the issue with Eid in Ms. Marvel also not matching the real world. Showing how there's precedent for holidays not lining up with our world. There are also the July dates on the bus, which of course could still be there in April, but Marvel usually doesn't include dates like that without using it to hint towards a placement.

I still feel like March-April is the safer and better option. For one, I'm not really a fan of splitting Far From Home and No Way Home up. But, I do feel like there's a pattern of Marvel using cultural events to show representation for specific groups, without necessarily caring if they match up with our world. This could explain where Disney + is getting their timeline for the movie from. Still wouldn't explain Eternals though.

Not saying I agree, but I just watched a YouTube video in my recommendations that discusses Shang-Chi as being in July 2024 rather than April. Matching it with the Disney + timeline which places The Falcon & The Winter Soldier (and in Japan, Far From Home) as being before the movie. The video discusses how Far From Home included the Festival of Lights in July rather than October and we recently also have the issue with Eid in Ms. Marvel also not matching the real world. Showing how there's precedent for holidays not lining up with our world. There are also the July dates on the bus, which of course could still be there in April, but Marvel usually doesn't include dates like that without using it to hint towards a placement.

I still feel like March-April is the safer and better option. For one, I'm not really a fan of splitting Far From Home and No Way Home up. But, I do feel like there's a pattern of Marvel using cultural events to show representation for specific groups, without necessarily caring if they match up with our world. This could explain where Disney + is getting their timeline for the movie from. Still wouldn't explain Eternals though.
I mean if this ends up being the case I could go with it but for now I'm gonna stick with April for Shang-Chi until something other than the Disney+ Timeline contradicts it. I do agree marvel seems to care more bout representation over accuracy tho

I mean if this ends up being the case I could go with it but for now I'm gonna stick with April for Shang-Chi until something other than the Disney+ Timeline contradicts it. I do agree marvel seems to care more bout representation over accuracy tho
Yeah, unless we get some contradiction in the future, I'm sticking with March/April. I just think it's interesting that Marvel seems to be including these holidays, even if they don't match with their real-world dates. I've seen a number of people believe Ms. Marvel has to be in June due to the Eid celebration, even though so much in the rest of the season contradicts it.

I honestly don't get the reasoning behind trying to fit everything to 2024. I feel like it's crowded as is. Plus it makes sense that 2021 would mainly be 2024 set productions and 2022 be 2025. Like I said earlier, I wouldn't be surprised if Love & Thunder is treated as being around July 2025 and Wakanda Forever around November 2025.
I'd be honest and say that my reasoning is tied to the multiverse breakdown. I've touched on this a little in previous posts, but I've always felt that the Multiverse breaking is as big of a deal as the snap. We keep seeing articles about stuff like 'once kang shows up...he keeps on showing up' because they intend to go through all his aliases. So personally if I can squeeze as much into pre, NWH/DS2 I will try to do that because once it hits, I want it to keep hitting if that makes sense. Some things I can't seem to avoid, like Hawkeye and Ms Marvel, but If there is enough logic to put them in 2024, I'm gonna try haha. Not trying to take away anything from this group, but it's just my personal thing. I love discussing it whether we agree or disagree. Discussing the MCU is always fun.

I'd be honest and say that my reasoning is tied to the multiverse breakdown. I've touched on this a little in previous posts, but I've always felt that the Multiverse breaking is as big of a deal as the snap. We keep seeing articles about stuff like 'once kang shows up...he keeps on showing up' because they intend to go through all his aliases. So personally if I can squeeze as much into pre, NWH/DS2 I will try to do that because once it hits, I want it to keep hitting if that makes sense. Some things I can't seem to avoid, like Hawkeye and Ms Marvel, but If there is enough logic to put them in 2024, I'm gonna try haha. Not trying to take away anything from this group, but it's just my personal thing. I love discussing it whether we agree or disagree. Discussing the MCU is always fun.
I'm the opposite. I prefer that the movies and shows are as spread out as possible so it doesn't become convoluted having all of it happening in such a short period of time. Plus it makes sense to have the multiverse stuff sprinkled in over happening all together. I mean the Infinity Saga had breaks in between Thanos/Infinity Stone related stories. As long as there's no contradictions within actual movies and shows, I'll assume the Disney + placement is accurate.

Did anybody else think when they said "I Am Groot" would be animated, they meant animated animated? Like normal cartoons, or even What If? That's what I thought. But this style, I don't think of it as animated, looks exactly like another GoTG movie.

Latest posts

Back