Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

I still remember the mess after Homecoming's release. I used to get downvoted on Reddit all the time for explaining why 8 Years Later was wrong and why Avengers had to be in 2012. It was so validating when Infinity War confirmed it had been 6 years and even more so when Endgame flat-out showed the 2012 title card.
I had a little bit of that with my friends too believe it or not. I tried to explain to them that the 8 years later was impossible because that would have implied Civil War was wrong with Vision stating Iron Man was 8 years ago too. Both films came out the same year, how can Iron Man 1 and Avengers take place in the same year...

It may not have been the scroll, but Feige did at one point say they had a timeline they were going to release to the public. I think it was meant to be in "The Story of Marvel Studios" book but when it was released, there was nothing about the timeline.
They did actually release a timeline 'once' and it was hilariously wrong too. It was in the 10 Years book. It corrected Homecoming but screwed up Black Panther.

Link to Timeline

Rewatching Moon Knight, and having the GRC still around makes me feel it's closer to Endgame rather than further.

In FatWS the GRC was already close to bringing back all the displaced people to their homes, so it would make less sense to have the GRC still be a thing 2 years later.

They did actually release a timeline 'once' and it was hilariously wrong too. It was in the 10 Years book. It corrected Homecoming but screwed up Black Panther.

Link to Timeline
That book was unofficial and the confusion came from people thinking it was the official one and therefore the timeline in it was the one Feige was talking about (it wasn't).
Rewatching Moon Knight, and having the GRC still around makes me feel it's closer to Endgame rather than further.

In FatWS the GRC was already close to bringing back all the displaced people to their homes, so it would make less sense to have the GRC still be a thing 2 years later.
If Moon Knight were 2025, it would be around 18 months since Endgame. I think the GRC would still be active then. And wouldn't be surprised if we see it's still around in the future.

Honestly, a part of me wonders if Disney+ is basing its placement for Love & Thunder on when Korg is telling the story rather than the events within the said story. The same thing could be theorized with Iron Man 3 being set after The Dark World due to Tony telling the story to Bruce at a time past the events of The Dark World. In both cases, the movies are technically recapping actual events rather than us seeing them in "real-time". Not saying this is exactly what's going on and if it were the case, it'd be nice to see clarification, but I could see it making sense.

Honestly, a part of me wonders if Disney+ is basing its placement for Love & Thunder on when Korg is telling the story rather than the events within the said story. The same thing could be theorized with Iron Man 3 being set after The Dark World due to Tony telling the story to Bruce at a time past the events of The Dark World. In both cases, the movies are technically recapping actual events rather than us seeing them in "real-time". Not saying this is exactly what's going on and if it were the case, it'd be nice to see clarification, but I could see it making sense.
While that could be the case, I think personally The Dark World is placed before Iron Man 3 due to the opening taking place shortly after The Avengers, but either way still makes the timeline a bit of a bitch to use to place the main events of a film unfortunately.

Does anyone have any opinions on the placements of Falcon and Winter Soldier and Love and Thunder? They both happen close to each other, but I don't know how to best place TFATW without more precise dating. (I think the placement of Love and Thunder alongside it is a bit awkward)

Does anyone have any opinions on the placements of Falcon and Winter Soldier and Love and Thunder? They both happen close to each other, but I don't know how to best place TFATW without more precise dating. (I think the placement of Love and Thunder alongside it is a bit awkward)
Honestly, one of the reasons I'm personally going with Love & Thunder in 2025. 2024 places it in the middle of TFATWS and given the movie doesn't necessarily confirm that time frame, I prefer to not have to figure out a breakdown of where it is compared to TFATWS. Especially since I doubt there was any intention for them to be that close together. That's just me though. I guess if you had to, you could assume the main events after Thor arrives in New Asgard happen between the ending of TFATWS and the beginning of Far From Home (around late May/early June 2024).

FatWS seems to be April/May and LaT seems to be May/June so I personally am going with FatWS, LaT, MK, FFH, NWH, etc.

Honestly, if it's a montage of events, I would place almost all of it in April, and the very last bit of the montage in May.
Just so the finished progress is closer to the current events after it.

Jen's comment about trying to get ahold of Bruce for "weeks or months or days" felt like an attack on those of us who try to pinpoint the timeline down lol. Mallory also mentions she'll be married 11 years "this October" further confirmation the show is taking place before then.

Last edited:
Why do we want to move Moon Knight to 2024 again? It fits with both 2024 and 2025. We choose to place it in 2025 because the Disney+ timeline places it after Hawkeye.

It's not like we're saying that the Disney+ timeline is accurate by placing it in 2025. We're saying that, until further evidence comes out, we don't have anything else to go by. It's basically the lowest tier semi-official source.

Thor: Love and Thunder is a little more leaning into 2024, so we can ignore the crappy timeline.
I agree with the reasoning of whatever makes it so Thor: Love and Thunder and Moon Knight fit together so as the "gods" from one don't show up in the other.
Like this post for Thor and Moon Knight in 2024.
Love for Thor and Moon Knight in 2025.
Haha for Thor in 2024 and Moon Knight in 2025.
I'm waiting for you guys to all tell me. My brain no worky. I don't even know what a "Moon phase" is, and how would someone know how they will be in years that haven't happened yet?

Last edited:
I agree with the reasoning of whatever makes it so Thor: Love and Thunder and Moon Knight fit together so as the "gods" from one don't show up in the other.

I'm waiting for you guys to all tell me. My brain no worky. I don't even know what a "Moon phase" is, and how would someone know how they will be in years that haven't happened yet?

To put it basically, when we look at the moon in the night sky, it has different shapes. It isn't always a full moon and it isn't always a crescent moon. The shapes form a pattern that has been observed and, using this pattern, we can predict the shape of the moon on future dates.

To put it basically, when we look at the moon in the night sky, it has different shapes. It isn't always a full moon and it isn't always a crescent moon. The shapes form a pattern that has been observed and, using this pattern, we can predict the shape of the moon on future dates.
Hmm, I never really paid any attention to any of that, nor even noticed the actual moon in the show, like, at all.

After watching Spider-Man No Way Home the more fun stuff version I've decided to remove all the Betty Brandt Daily Bugle Tik Toks from my personal timeline, just because comparing both versions of the film, Neither version makes any attempt to support the Tik Toks validity and it seems unlikely that Betty would be working an internship during her final year of high school and she is still at midtown high by the new post credits scene which has to take place on their graduation day which usually happens in late May/Early June of 2025. So the Footage that is inserted back into the film in the extended edition is canon in my eyes but they reworked some of that footage from the Tik Toks (E.g Betty Brandt's School Interviews) and from the daily bugle.net stuff (Spider-Menace strikes again) So with that being said if we do get a physical release of the extended cut (which I'm getting worried we won't) then I might change my list again but atm this is what it looks like

Phase 4: (July 2024 - December 2025)

TheDailyBugle.net - London Attack - Tower Bridge Bill Blues
TheDailyBugle.net - Web of Lies!
TheDailyBugle.net - Coney Island re-opened years after devastating crash
TheDailyBugle.net - Sticky Street Job!
TheDailyBugle.net - Spider Sycophant
Venom: Let there be Carnage Mid-Credits Scene
TheDailyBugle.net - Spider-Menace Tip Line
Spider-Man: No Way Home (The More Fun Stuff Version)
Spider-Man: No Way Home (The More Fun Stuff Version) Mid-Credits Scene
Morbius First Mid-Credits Scene
Morbius Second Mid-Credits Scene
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness Mid-Credits Scene
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness Post-Credits Scene
TheDailyBugle.net - "Savies" A New Menace Emerges
Hawkeye S01E01 - S01E03
Black Widow Post-Credits Scene
Hawkeye S01E04 - S01E06
Hawkeye S01E06 Mid-Credits Scene

Moon Knight S01E01 - S01E02 ?

Thor: Love and Thunder ?
Thor: Love and Thunder Post-Credits Scene ?

Moon Knight S01E03 ?

Thor: Love and Thunder Mid-Credits Scene ?

Moon Knight S01E04 - S01E06 ?
Moon Knight S01E06 Mid-Credits Scene ?

Spider-Man: No Way Home (The More Fun Stuff Version) Post-Credits Scene
She-Hulk: Attorney at Law S01E01
She-Hulk: Attorney at Law S01E01 Mid-Credits Scene

Latest posts

Back