Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

For Werewolf by Night (was pretty good btw ngl) I looked up what the first full moon of October 2025 is and it came up with October 7th and if Jack said that there is still 5 days until then. Then we can assume it takes place for the majority of the runtime on October 2nd 2025 which fits well but I'm not sure how that affects the Ms.Marvel s01 duration i know it definitely begins 2 or more weeks after high school started which happened in Early September 2025 but does it continue into October or does it stop just before then
Let's assume that Werewolf by Night starts on October 1-2nd (before and after midnight) 2025.

That could be right before the Ms. Marvel October placements.

I looked it up since that was so long ago. 1982. A comic shop OWNER has been selling floppies for 40 years and has shit all over everything in that timeframe because to him, the comics began, ended, and consisted of whatever he felt like it did.
Everyone has their own dumb ideas of what is ideal. I myself have plenty of headcanons for several continuities that I know people don't get down with.

With the MCU, it's getting to be so massive that I just don't have time to watch everything. I quit AOS after season 5, never watched Runaways or Eternals, and I think most of the D+ stuff is garbage. But while I personally ignore it, I don't go around ranting about how certain stuff is non-canon.

What I love about this forum/thread, is that it unbiasedly takes EVERYTHING Marvel puts out and makes it work. Which is hard work and I appreciate/applaud you all. But it still takes less mental gymnastics than trying to discredit the Marvel TV stuff, especially at this point.

Let's assume that Werewolf by Night starts on October 1-2nd (before and after midnight) 2025.

That could be right before the Ms. Marvel October placements.
I think that this works. While nothing specifically places it in October 2025 I think it's safe to assume we're all comfortable with that placement. If the first full moon of October is the 7th (ironically the release date as well) then the 1st-2nd I think works well for the placement

Nothing places it in any month or year. All we have is that Disney+ places it as the latest thing on the timeline.

There's also a full moon on November 5th, five days before that is... October 31st. That is perfect.
I think putting it exactly on Halloween is a little on the nose without more specific evidence. Although I narrowed down my Ms. Marvel timeline going by days of the week and how much time had passed, settling on it beginning September 9th and ending October 13th (mainly to have it be as late as possible in the month when we see the September calendar to account for the colder weather seen throughout the show). So, I do feel like a late October date works better when considering Disney +'s placement.

There's also a full moon on November 5th, five days before that is... October 31st. That is perfect.
I actually like this and may use it as my personal placement unless something else happens. It's fits with what's stated in the special about the full moon coming up and c'mon like that's too perfect a placement to not do. A Halloween Special that actually lines up with taking place on Halloween night in the timeline?

Nothing places it in any month or year. All we have is that Disney+ places it as the latest thing on the timeline.
To me, it feels like 50s or 60s due to being black and white. Why does it have to be "now"?

To me, it feels like 50s or 60s due to being black and white. Why does it have to be "now"?
It was in black and white as a stylistic choice given the genre and homage to older monster movies. The Disney+ placement shows that it's "present day". If it was the past, I'm sure that would have been confirmed and reflected.

People on the MCU wiki are trying to use Ulysses death as a further point to narrow the placement of werewolf by night but that brings it to December 29/30th 2025 which I think is way too late i think a halloween date either October 31st/November 1st works perfectly also they even mentioned it being a halloween event in the trailer which I think just cements it further on October 31st/November 1st

Just rewatched Love & Thunder on my 4K disc and noticed the Korg narration is actually him telling 2 separate stories. The opening narration with the flashbacks is on the same planet Thor and the Guardians are battling on. The people around him not only look similar to the others we see on the planet, but you can see the tree that Thor meditates at in the background. Implying he's telling the story about Thor before the opening fight. The epilogue narration about the events of the movie (guess we can assume he's telling it to a different planet's audience offscreen) isn't meant to be at the same time. Further proof of this is that in both, he discusses how he wants to introduce them to the Space Viking.

People on the MCU wiki are trying to use Ulysses death as a further point to narrow the placement of werewolf by night but that brings it to December 29/30th 2025 which I think is way too late i think a halloween date either October 31st/November 1st works perfectly also they even mentioned it being a halloween event in the trailer which I think just cements it further on October 31st/November 1st
Meh, I wouldn't take them saying its a halloween event as reasoning for it being around Halloween. Black Christmas is a Christmas movie that people watch in October because it's also a horror movie.

They're assuming tho that Ulysses died in 2025, he may have died on the last full moon of 2024. His body is very decayed and they turned it into an animatronic, plus they had to capture Man-Thing for this ritual and gather all the hunters there, they may have taken a year to get to this point.

Reactions: Dot
They're assuming tho that Ulysses died in 2025, he may have died on the last full moon of 2024. His body is very decayed and they turned it into an animatronic, plus they had to capture Man-Thing for this ritual and gather all the hunters there, they may have taken a year to get to this point.
I think I'm going to base it off what Disney + does with the Guardians Holiday Special. If they set it after Werewolf by Night (which I'm expecting they will) I'm sticking with October. I think it's nice we will have both Hawkeye and the Holiday Special to determine what they see as 2024 and 2025 and 2025 and 2026.

A user on the wiki has pointed out that Michael Giacchino gave an interview confirming the makeup worn by Jack is for Dia De Los Muertos. So, it looks like October 31st-November 1st 2025 is pretty concrete. Who would have thought that Werewolf by Night would be this specific with its timeline placement lol.

Latest posts

Back