Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

I really think they're ignoring the real life date of the Qingming Festival and are going off the July event posters on the bus. It's really no different than what they did with the Signal Festival in FFH (October event in July) and Eid al-Adha in Ms. Marvel (June event in September). It's like they want to include these cultural events for representation without caring if it lines up timeline wise. If they do see Shang-Chi as July, their timeline would make more sense.
Now that I think about it, it might also make sense for Shang-Chi to play in 2025.

Wong brings Shaun to the (remaining) Avengers at the end, who now only consist of Bruce Banner, Carol Danvers and himself, since Steven Strange is in another dimension (after MoM), Peter Parker is just the "friendly neighborhood Spider-Man" (after NWH) and Clint Barton, completely retired from superhero life, lives with his family (after Hawkeye). What Sam Wilson has been up to since TFATWS, however, also remains a mystery to me, lol.

In She-Hulk, Wong does say that he needs Emil Blonsky to complete his training to become Sorcerer Supreme, but (as Geekritique noted in his video) actually he should have been in that position for years, since Dr. Strange was snapped away. Furthermore, Wong also takes off right after his appearance in NWH, and it looks to me like he's going to the same place he went with Abomination after their fight in Shang-Chi to potentially continue their training. It's also possible that it's a long process for Wong to reach some sort of "final stage" of Sorcerer Supreme, which is why he continues to grind. Or it may actually have a completely different reason why the two spend so much time together and Wong was simply lying in She-Hulk^^.

Seeing Groot has grown up since LAT i think 2025 is a nice take for the special's placement, i don't think we're getting information about the specific year in it though
I would agree, but we can't rule out 2024. There are no hard rules to Groot's physiology. He could have growth spurts or stagnations at any age, whatever suits the script.

I would agree, but we can't rule out 2024. There are no hard rules to Groot's physiology. He could have growth spurts or stagnations at any age, whatever suits the script.
I have Love & Thunder in 2025, so I'm definitely going with the Holiday Special as being 2025. I'm sure Disney + is going to and I doubt there's anything in the special that contradicts that.
Now that I think about it, it might also make sense for Shang-Chi to play in 2025.

Wong brings Shaun to the (remaining) Avengers at the end, who now only consist of Bruce Banner, Carol Danvers and himself, since Steven Strange is in another dimension (after MoM), Peter Parker is just the "friendly neighborhood Spider-Man" (after NWH) and Clint Barton, completely retired from superhero life, lives with his family (after Hawkeye). What Sam Wilson has been up to since TFATWS, however, also remains a mystery to me, lol.

In She-Hulk, Wong does say that he needs Emil Blonsky to complete his training to become Sorcerer Supreme, but (as Geekritique noted in his video) actually he should have been in that position for years, since Dr. Strange was snapped away. Furthermore, Wong also takes off right after his appearance in NWH, and it looks to me like he's going to the same place he went with Abomination after their fight in Shang-Chi to potentially continue their training. It's also possible that it's a long process for Wong to reach some sort of "final stage" of Sorcerer Supreme, which is why he continues to grind. Or it may actually have a completely different reason why the two spend so much time together and Wong was simply lying in She-Hulk^^.
I don't see anything that would point to Shang-Chi in 2025. The credit scene simply had Ruffalo and Larson (who's appearance wasn't too shocking since she's appeared in almost of all of Destin Daniel Cretton's films) because they were available to do it.

I have Love & Thunder in 2025, so I'm definitely going with the Holiday Special as being 2025. I'm sure Disney + is going to and I doubt there's anything in the special that contradicts that.

I don't see anything that would point to Shang-Chi in 2025. The credit scene simply had Ruffalo and Larson (who's appearance wasn't too shocking since she's appeared in almost of all of Destin Daniel Cretton's films) because they were available to do it.
I agree, while I have Love and Thunder in 2024 I don't think there will be anything to place the GotGHS in 2024 meaning it will fall into 2025 kinda by default. And I definitely think Shang-Chi is 2024

I agree, while I have Love and Thunder in 2024 I don't think there will be anything to place the GotGHS in 2024 meaning it will fall into 2025 kinda by default. And I definitely think Shang-Chi is 2024
I just don't see any reason to contradict Marvel's own present-day unless there's evidence. I truly think Marvel is using these projects to more easily determine what they see as 2025 and 2026. The same way they did with Hawkeye and 2024 and 2025.

Black Panther 2 Producer Clears Confusion on MCU Timeline Placement. It'll be interesting to see if this actually lines up. If you have Love & Thunder in 2024, obviously it won't given the movie has a time jump of a year since T'Challa's death (apparently it's to the day which means the movie is at the earliest past October 2024, given October 2023 would be the earliest T'Challa could pass). As some one who has Love & Thunder in 2025, I think it could work for me.

Last edited:
Black Panther 2 Producer Clears Confusion on MCU Timeline Placement. It'll be interesting to see if this actually lines up. If you have Love & Thunder in 2024, obviously it won't given the movie has a time jump of a year since T'Challa's death (apparently it's to the day which means the movie is at the earliest past October 2024, given October 2023 would be the earliest T'Challa could pass). As some one who has Love & Thunder in 2025, I think it could work for me.
I'm sorry but he really didn't clear up anything. He makes it clear that chronologically he's probably wrong meaning he doesn't fully know. He placed it after films that released last year and around the last and next film, a pretty generic answer. I doubt anything in this film will contradict the Love and Thunder placement nor will it affect whatever our Quantumania placement is, especially when his basis for this is New Asgard exsists and Love and Thunder released recently. We've never relied on the quotes of people BTS unless they're being exact and he really wasn't. All he said was the film takes place a year after T'Challa's death, something the film will probably make clear. I'm sorry but when someone says he "probably would get it wrong" we shouldn't take their word as law for the timeline

Last edited:
I'm sorry but he really didn't clear up anything. He makes it clear that chronologically he's probably wrong meaning he doesn't fully know. He placed it after films that released last year and around the last and next film, a pretty generic answer. I doubt anything in this film will contradict the Love and Thunder placement nor will it affect whatever our Quantumania placement is. We've never relied on the quotes of people BTS unless they're being exact and he really wasn't. All he said was the film takes place a year after T'Challa's death, something the film will probably make clear. I'm sorry but when someone says he'll probably get it wrong we shouldn't take their word as law for the timeline
I wouldn't say it cleared anything up. But for me it fits with my own placement of Love & Thunder as I assume the ending with Thor and Love battling on the planet is around Fall 2025 (a time jump from the majority of the movie). I wasn't saying it should be used as confirmation of anything.

I wouldn't say it cleared anything up. But for me it fits with my own placement of Love & Thunder as I assume the ending with Thor and Love battling on the planet is around Fall 2025 (a time jump from the majority of the movie). I wasn't saying it should be used as confirmation of anything.
Alright fair enough then my bad.

My personal take on this: Wakanda Forever will take place in Late 2024 and/or Early 2025

Last edited:
My personal take on this: Wakanda Forever will take place in Fall 2024 between NWH's main plotline and Hawkeye/GotG Special?
I think it would have to be later than that. They said T'Challa died a year before the events. If he died within weeks of returning from the snap that would place the film in October 2024 at the earliest. I assuming there is at least a little time between him returning and then dying. My personal bet is probably Fall 2025

There are credible leaks that state there is a one year time jump towards the start of the film.

So my guess: late 2024 then late 2025, after She Hulk.
I'm kinda wanting T'Challa's death to be as late as possible to give him as much time to spend with Ramonda, Shuri, Nakia, etc. before his death. It's already tragic enough that Ramonda lost him so shortly after getting him back. I'm hoping it's something she addresses in the movie. But yeah, the bulk of the movie being late 2025 is a safe bet.

Btw Black Panther WF debuted today in Australia, so if anyone has any non spoiler opinions about the general time when the bulk of the movie takes place that would be great personally I'm thinking a June placement would work perfectly in between moon knight and She-hulk but that's just my guess

While not exactly seen in the show, I feel like this is further evidence of the timeline. This would be further proof The Falcon & The Winter Soldier, Shang-Chi, Hawkeye, She-Hulk, and Jane Foster becoming Thor all happen before the events of Ms. Marvel. I'm curious about the Skrulls' placement on the board and we do see DODC agents in the Secret Invasion trailer.

Ms. Marvel Finale Almost Featured Daredevil, She-Hulk & More Heroes (In Photos)

I've seen it, and I don't think I caught any subtle timeline hints, but there's some relevant timeline information about Nakia.

It's mentioned that Nakia left Wakanda for Haiti 6 years before the events of the film, and that was after the snap. On its own, this implies a 2024 setting for BP:WF, but has some wiggle room. 2025 is possible if Nakia didn't leave straight away after the snap.

But in the mid-credits scene, it's revealed she and T'Challa had a son who by his age, must've survived the snap and therefore must've been conceived in or before 2018. The son is kept a secret and is only known to a few, so it's likeliest that this was not much earlier than Infinity War. I think the likeliest series of events is probably:

2018 (before Infinity War): T'Challa and Nakia's son is conceived

2018 (after Infinity War): T'Challa is snapped, Nakia leaves for Haiti, gives birth to son

2023 (after Endgame): T'Challa returns in blip, spends time with family, but then dies from some disease

2024: Events of BP:WF, 1 year after T'Challa's death, and 6 years after Nakia's departure

Edit: edited this a few times to figure out spoiler-tagging

Last edited:
During the first time the news is shown Scott Lang is mentioned as having been continuing his successful book tour.

Otherwise, as Basilisk said no real timeline evidence upon first viewing past, once again, a bit of wiggle room for the events of the film to either have happened in 2024 or 2025, 1 year after T'Challa's death, depending on if Nakia left Wakanda in 2018 or 2019 and depending on how old T'Challa Jr. is.

De Fontaine's role doesn't really give us any information really as the events of this film could have happened any time relative to her recruiting Walker as U.S.Agent and Belova to kill Barton.

Without further information using Quantumania as a vague reference point following its release for this film may work depending on the logistics of that film.

Latest posts

Back