Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

my personal placement (until secret invasion can give us more information):

- 1517/1571 (cant remember specific year) - Talokan is founded by the Yucatan people in the midst of the Spanish Inquisition and Kulkulkan is born

- early June 2018 - Nakia, pregnant with T'Challa's child, leaves Wakanda

- mid may 2024 - T'Challa dies

- mid-late may 2025 - main events of the film

this placement allows t'challa to still be alive during falcon and the winter soldier, give t'challa more time with his family before his passing and give the main events of the film more room to breathe in 2025 as well as being closer to the events of secret invasion, supposedly set in october-november 2025; this placement also allows for all of fontain'e scenes to be in chronological order across projects as well as giving us a hint at a potential quantumania placement with scott being on his book tour in mid-2025; this placement also allows nakia to not have quite been gone for 7 years (june 2018-may 2025 is technically 6 years still) - a little bit of a stretch i admit but better than placing the film solely around the "6 years" line imo.

would love to know what everyone thinks and if anyone else can remember the specific year of namor's birth

-

Last edited:

- 1517/1571 (cant remember specific year) - Talokan is founded by the Yucatan people in the midst of the Spanish Inquisition and Kulkulkan is born

this placement allows t'challa to still be alive during falcon and the winter soldier, give t'challa more time with his family before his passing and give the main events of the film more room to breathe in 2025 as well as being closer to the events of secret invasion, supposedly set in october-november 2025; this placement also allows for all of fontain'e scenes to be in chronological order across projects as well as giving us a hint at a potential quantumania placement with scott being on his book tour in mid-2025; this placement also allows nakia to not have quite been gone for 7 years (june 2018-may 2025 is technically 6 years still) - a little bit of a stretch i admit but better than placing the film solely around the "6 years" line imo.

would love to know what everyone thinks and if anyone else can remember the specific year of namor's birth

-
Could you remind me what was in FATWS that connected to T'Challa timeline-wise?

I've seen a few people say they want T'Challa to have had time with his family, and while I love the character and want him to have had that time, it's not a great bit of timeline reasoning. All we know is he died of a sickness that he kept a secret - it doesn't have to have developed after the blip.

As always, there's different pieces of information that pull on the timeline in certain ways. Some information is given more weight than others, and I think more weight should be given to the 6 years line than a desire for T'Challa to have had time with his family, so the pull towards 6 years should be stronger than the pull away.

Also as always, hopefully future projects give connections to join more dots with and place things with more certainty (and not less!)

Geekritique posted a video related to Wakanda Forever. It pretty much agrees with where I'm personally leaning.

WAKANDA FOREVER's Confusing Timeline Explained
I've only recently checked out this guy's stuff, and it's really good and well reasoned. I think he's right to point out that there's wriggle room in that bit of dialogue about 6 years to not be directly after the snap. But I think it neglects that T'Challa Jr was a secret, and having Nakia leave in 2019 doesn't line up with a timeline for her pregnancy

Could you remind me what was in FATWS that connected to T'Challa timeline-wise?

I've seen a few people say they want T'Challa to have had time with his family, and while I love the character and want him to have had that time, it's not a great bit of timeline reasoning. All we know is he died of a sickness that he kept a secret - it doesn't have to have developed after the blip.

As always, there's different pieces of information that pull on the timeline in certain ways. Some information is given more weight than others, and I think more weight should be given to the 6 years line than a desire for T'Challa to have had time with his family, so the pull towards 6 years should be stronger than the pull away.

Also as always, hopefully future projects give connections to join more dots with and place things with more certainty (and not less!)
I think they are working backwards from the final placement. So if say its Spring 2025, then it's entirely possible that when the Dora show up in FATWS, T'Challa is already dead. If it is Summer 2025, then you have more room there to work with. I'm inclined to say Summer just for that reason, because it seems weird that the Dora don't seem overly sad about what's going with Zemo and they would also most likely be busy with the funeral arrangements.

Makes me wonder if whenever we see Bucky again he will bring up that he was there when T'Challa passed. Would really help anchor a couple of projects down.

-
I'm really hoping Marvel pays attention to the Unity Day stuff and that the other evidence in Secret Invasion helps point to November 2025. I'd hate to have another case of MCU holidays not lining up with ours. Wakanda Forever seems to be earlier in the timeline than we thought (although it does kinda make sense when you consider the original July release) which has me wondering if Quantumania could also be in 2025 given Scott's book tour. I think it's been said Cassie is 18, so the earliest that the movie can occur is September 2025. It'll be interesting to see how Disney+ handles these projects.

so DanielRPK has leaked that Thunderbolt Ross will be president by the Thunderbolts. This implies that the film is set after Secret Invasion as the POTUS is going to be playing a role in the series. However Wakanda Forever must take place before Secret Invasion then as President Ritson is mentioned on a newscaster. Secret Invasion's placement my help us in placing Wakanda Forever. Just a thought

so DanielRPK has leaked that Thunderbolt Ross will be president by the Thunderbolts. This implies that the film is set after Secret Invasion as the POTUS is going to be playing a role in the series. However Wakanda Forever must take place before Secret Invasion then as President Ritson is mentioned on a newscaster. Secret Invasion's placement my help us in placing Wakanda Forever. Just a thought
Even before the movie released, I figured Wakanda Forever would be set before Secret Invasion and Thunderbolts. If Secret Invasion is in fact November 2025, it'd be nice if we get a reference to how long Ross has been on the run since the end of Wakanda Forever.

Even before the movie released, I figured Wakanda Forever would be set before Secret Invasion and Thunderbolts. If Secret Invasion is in fact November 2025, it'd be nice if we get a reference to how long Ross has been on the run since the end of Wakanda Forever.
Yeah probably won't be much but it might give us a lil' sumthin to aim Wakanda Forever's placement

After re-watching the Quantumania trailer, I noticed one of the donuts at the coffee house is named "Summer of Love", which I assume to be seasonal. While not necessarily confirmation, the movie filmed San Fransico scenes in the Summer of 2021 so it would fit. I think we could potentially be looking at Summer 2025 which if Wakanda Forever were late Spring/early Summer 2025, fits perfectly with Scott still being on his book tour. Secret Invasion is then looking at November 2025, and Guardians 3 is most likely our first project set in 2026. It's going to be nice having the Guardians Holiday Special on the Disney + timeline since it will at least confirm what they see as 2025 & 2026.

After re-watching the Quantumania trailer, I noticed one of the donuts at the coffee house is named "Summer of Love", which I assume to be seasonal. While not necessarily confirmation, the movie filmed San Fransico scenes in the Summer of 2021 so it would fit. I think we could potentially be looking at Summer 2025 which if Wakanda Forever were late Spring/early Summer 2025, fits perfectly with Scott still being on his book tour. Secret Invasion is then looking at November 2025, and Guardians 3 is most likely our first project set in 2026. It's going to be nice having the Guardians Holiday Special on the Disney + timeline since it will at least confirm what they see as 2025 & 2026.
I agree, especially with your last point. Hopefully we are past the vague portion of the MCU and Phase 5 will start being more specific too.

I don't see anything wrong with this reasoning, I think this is a nice early breakdown of where things may be placed going forward. Good catch

To no surprise, Disney+ places the Holiday Special after Werewolf by Night. Given there aren't any contradictions, I'm choosing to stick with it being around Halloween/Day of the Dead 2025.
I agree I feel like the Disney+ should occur near or on the holiday they representing unless stated otherwise also I feel like GotG holiday special can also be used to place Thor 4 in 2025 as Quill is still sad about gamora and GotG 3 is now definitely 2026, possibly around Easter?

I feel like I've finally finished placing all of Phase 4 correctly just correcting some of the daily bugle articles because they are so vague and have contradictory info on the site

Phase 4: (July 2024 - December 2025)
TheDailyBugle.net - Web of Lies!
TheDailyBugle.net - London Attack - Tower Bridge Bill Blues

TheDailyBugle.net - Coney Island re-opened years after devastating crash
TheDailyBugle.net - Sticky Street Job!
TheDailyBugle.net - Spider Sycophant
Venom: Let there be Carnage Mid-Credits Scene
TheDailyBugle.net - Spider-Menace Tip Line
Spider-Man: No Way Home (The More Fun Stuff Version)
Spider-Man: No Way Home (The More Fun Stuff Version) Mid-Credits Scene
Morbius First Mid-Credits Scene
Morbius Second Mid-Credits Scene
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness Mid-Credits Scene
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness Post-Credits Scene
TheDailyBugle.net - "Savies" A New Menace Emerges
Hawkeye S01E01 - S01E03
Black Widow Post-Credits Scene
Hawkeye S01E04 - S01E06
Hawkeye S01E06 Mid-Credits Scene
She-Hulk: Attorney at Law S01E01 Mid-Credits Scene
Moon Knight S01E01 - S01E06
Thor: Love and Thunder
Thor: Love and Thunder Post-Credits Scene
Thor: Love and Thunder Mid-Credits Scene
Moon Knight S01E06 Mid-Credits Scene
Black Panther: Wakanda Forever
Black Panther: Wakanda Forever Mid-Credits Scene
She-Hulk: Attorney at Law S01E01
Spider-Man: No Way Home (The More Fun Stuff Version) Post-Credits Scene
She-Hulk: Attorney at Law S01E02
She-Hulk: Attorney at Law S01E02 Mid-Credits Scene
She-Hulk: Attorney at Law S01E03
She-Hulk: Attorney at Law S01E03 Mid-Credits Scene
She-Hulk: Attorney at Law S01E04
She-Hulk: Attorney at Law S01E04 Mid-Credits Scene
She-Hulk: Attorney at Law S01E05 - S01E09
She-Hulk: Attorney at Law S01E09 Mid-Credits Scene
Ms.Marvel S01E01
Ms.Marvel S01E01 Mid-Credits Scene
Ms.Marvel S01E02 - S01E06
Ms.Marvel S01E06 Mid-Credits Scene
Werewolf by Night
The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special
The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special Post-Credits Scene

I'm leaving Ant man 3 and Secret Invasion off the list for now until they are released but I feel like
Ant man 3 would at least start in Summer 2025 while Secret Invasion would be in November 2025 between both of the Disney+ specials

I agree I feel like the Disney+ should occur near or on the holiday they representing unless stated otherwise also I feel like GotG holiday special can also be used to place Thor 4 in 2025 as Quill is still sad about gamora and GotG 3 is now definitely 2026, possibly around Easter?
Personally I see no reason why the GotGHS placement has any effect on Love and Thunder. We've shown much evidence as to why 2024 makes the most sense for that film (most notably I feel that Thor's 8y/7m/6d comment on how long it's been since they've broken up doesn't line up with Civil War comments on him if LaT is 2025) and, tho I know it's debatable, the fact that Groot didn't age whatsoever from 2023-2025 and then suddenly aged noticeably between summer and Christmas of the same year to be a little unrealistic. I'm sorry but how sad Quill is about Gamora has absolutely no bearing whatsoever on LaT placement. Here we try to place the timeline as accurately as possible, regardless of how crowded 2024 is getting, so unless something that actually affected LaT happened in the special that I missed can we not start the debate again?

Last edited:
Personally I see no reason why the GotGHS placement has any effect on Love and Thunder. We've shown much evidence as to why 2024 makes the most sense for that film (most notably I feel that Thor's 8y/7m/6d comment on how long it's been since they've broken up doesn't line up with Civil War comments on him if LaT is 2025) and, tho I know it's debatable, the fact that Groot didn't age whatsoever from 2023-2025 and then suddenly aged noticeably between summer and Christmas of the same year to be a little unrealistic. I'm sorry but how sad Quill is about Gamora has absolutely no bearing whatsoever on LaT placement. Here we try to place the timeline as accurately as possible, regardless of how crowded 2024 is getting, so unless something that actually affected LaT happened in the special that I missed can we not start the debate again?
I disagree about L&T in 2024 and feel the evidence you've mentioned about can be explained, but yes I agree we should just move on. We had a vote and I don't see the need for further debate.

I disagree about L&T in 2024 and feel the evidence you've mentioned about can be explained, but yes I agree we should just move on. We had a vote and I don't see the need for further debate.
Exactly, I mean no disrespect and I am not trying to be hostile or anything, having your own timeline is absolutely fine, there are places on this timeline that personally I disagree with. But when using this timeline and discussing it here I go by the timeline that's been decided on. Unless a new piece of evidence is revealed there's no need to change previous installments.

Latest posts

Back