Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline (Part 2)

Exactly, I mean no disrespect and am I trying to be hostile or anything, having your own timeline is absolutely fine, there are places on this timeline that personally I disagree with. But when using this timeline and discussing it here I go by the timeline that's been decided on. Unless a new piece of evidence is revealed there's no need to change previous installments.
I agree 100%. When projects are vague like L&T all we can do is gather evidence to come up with our own conclusions. That may not mean everyone matches, but it is what it is. I don't think L&T's placement will have much an effect on anything in the future given how more standalone the movie is. Even if you were to say it's 2025, it'll still be a year between it and GOTG 3 and I don't see that movie referring specifically to how much time has passed. I think 2024 and 2025 can both work, however I do think internally at Marvel, they believe it's 2025. But, like I said the site's made their decision and I don't see the point in keeping the debate up.

Sorry if this has been talked about before, but there's a sequence in the Eternals (from around 0:57:00-1:02:00) where Arishem is telling a story to Sersi, and there's a lot of images - some of it is history, some potential future, and some are perhaps just images representative of things that happened.

I figure these clips (such as Tiamut being seeded in the Earth) aren't listed before the Black Panther opening sequence because they're narrated to Sersi in 2023. But in Black Panther, the prologue clip is a story being told to kid Killmonger and also uses imagery that's more representative of things that happened than actual scenes from the time itself.

I'm not fussed about how this gets classified, I'm just curious about why they aren't both listed in the past or both at the time of narrating

Last edited:
Sorry if this has been talked about before, but there's a sequence in the Eternals (from around 0:57:00-1:02:00) where Arishem is telling a story to Sersi, and there's a lot of images - some of it is history, some potential future, and some are perhaps just images representative of things that happened.

I figure these clips (such as Tiamut being seeded in the Earth) aren't listed before the Black Panther opening sequence because they're narrated to Sersi in 2023. But in Black Panther, the prologue clip is a story being told to kid Killmonger and also uses imagery that's more representative of things that happened than actual scenes from the time itself.

I'm not fussed about how this gets classified, I'm just curious about why they aren't both listed in the past or both at the time of narrating
Because it seems to be shown to Sersi in the present time as holograms.

Lol, very good point. I personally think Gunn would have the more accurate timeline, and don't see Waititi really caring about anything like that at all.
IDK, Gunn's tweets about how he would imagine or feels and that the timeline isn't discussed, makes me feel his comments aren't as concrete as they would come off when discussing projects not directed by him. Given both GOTG movies open with a flashback showing us what year it is followed by a title card telling us how many years have passed, hopefully Vol 3. keeps this up.

IDK, Gunn's tweets about how he would imagine or feels and that the timeline isn't discussed, makes me feel his comments aren't as concrete as they would come off when discussing projects not directed by him. Given both GOTG movies open with a flashback showing us what year it is followed by a title card telling us how many years have passed, hopefully Vol 3. keeps this up.
Yeah, he definitely used vague language. He probably just doesn't want to say anything too concrete since they could change things like this in post at any moment to make it jive with another project.

Here's hoping they keep up the timestamp tradition in Vol. 3.

Again we only need to look at Groot to figure out who is right in this regard. That being said, there is still a potential time jump after the hammer recombines for Jane.

I'm still of the opinion that everything after No way home and Multiverse of madness release wise is pushing the timeline forward (E.g into 2025)

It doesn't make much sense for Thor love and Thunder to contradict this unspoken rule because it's the only thing (Disney+ timeline,Story reasoning,release schedule changes due to Covid,Interviews,etc.) released after those 2, that occurred very close to each other in the tail end of 2024, for it to be set months before either of them (literally everything else from Moon Knight to the GotG Holiday special is in 2025) I just don't see why they would go out of their way to change it especially when back in 2019/2020 Comic Con they showcased the phase 4 films and they released in exactly the same order post No way home being added and MoM being pushed back after it

Don't mean to create drama and arguments on here but that's my thought process and I don't think I'll be rearranging anything without Kevin Fiege or Marvel themselves releasing a new updated timeline in the future

Again we only need to look at Groot to figure out who is right in this regard. That being said, there is still a potential time jump after the hammer recombines for Jane.
There's no way to determine exactly how Groot ages. I just don't think his growth can be used to determine anything. Clearly the Holiday Special shows some time has passed since Love & Thunder but we can't say for certain how much.

I'm still of the opinion that everything after No way home and Multiverse of madness release wise is pushing the timeline forward (E.g into 2025)

It doesn't make much sense for Thor love and Thunder to contradict this unspoken rule because it's the only thing (Disney+ timeline,Story reasoning,release schedule changes due to Covid,Interviews,etc.) released after those 2, that occurred very close to each other in the tail end of 2024, for it to be set months before either of them (literally everything else from Moon Knight to the GotG Holiday special is in 2025) I just don't see why they would go out of their way to change it especially when back in 2019/2020 Comic Con they showcased the phase 4 films and they released in exactly the same order post No way home being added and MoM being pushed back after it

I mean, I don't think it's an unspoken rule as much as it's a pattern you've noticed. And they didn't "go out of their way", it's just a movie script.

The story they wanted to tell for Thor 4 was
meant to be relatively shortly after the events of Endgame. L&T could have easily been the first (or second or third) movie released post-endgame, but there's plenty of logistical factors for when these are filmed/released that have nothing to do with timeline placement. Location stuff, Hemsworth's contract, bringing Portman back in etc.

Technically, all 4 phases have at least one movie that jumps back a little bit in the timeline.

Rman:

There's no way to determine exactly how Groot ages. I just don't think his growth can be used to determine anything. Clearly the Holiday Special shows some time has passed since Love & Thunder but we can't say for certain how much.

Right, he has alien physiology that we know doesn't behave anything like a human's.

I mean, I don't think it's an unspoken rule as much as it's a pattern you've noticed. And they didn't "go out of their way", it's just a movie script.

meant to be relatively shortly after the events of Endgame. L&T could have easily been the first (or second or third) movie released post-endgame, but there's plenty of logistical factors for when these are filmed/released that have nothing to do with timeline placement. Location stuff, Hemsworth's contract, bringing Portman back in etc.

Technically, all 4 phases have at least one movie that jumps back a little bit in the timeline.
I agree with this 100%. It's also worth noting that since the start of Phase 4 projects have been releasing significantly more frequently than the past 3 phases. I mean we went from having 3 films a year to 6-8 projects. Not everything is going to happen in sequential order or move the timeline forward exactly. That many projects in development at once, especially with how much the schedule for Phase 4 changed, it's just not going to be as linear as it was before. Here we place projects in the timeline as accurately as possible, and the order of release simply isn't as reliable a way to do this anymore as it was before.

Rman:

Right, he has alien physiology that we know doesn't behave anything like a human's.
The thing is usually when a movie's release doesn't match chronologically, it's made clear within the movie. GOTG2 confirming it's 34 years after 1980, Black Panther saying it's been a week since T'Chaka died, Black Widow confirming it's 21 years since 1995, etc. Love & Thunder doesn't have anything concrete about its timeline placement, which is why it's been so divisive. TBH, besides the Guardians' appearance, Love & Thunder is standalone enough that I don't think its timeline placement (whether it's 2024 or 2025) will matter much in the larger scale of the MCU. So, I think it'll remain up to the individual to decide what works better for them and go with it.

While watching the film i think i saw EDITH's glasses from FFH so probably it would fit better after the beginning of NWH (July 2024) and since it takes place a year after T'Challa's death i think October/November 2024 fits nicely for this film
So after finally rewatching the film...
I noticed they were not EDITH's glasses, they were just Riri's googles for her suit, so it has nothing to do with NWH.

I just finished Wakanda Forever: The Courage to dream. It seems to take place in the year after WF's prologue, since
T'Challa is the only main character from Wakanda not to appear in the story and is only mentioned. Ramonda is also Queen.

I'll also be receiving Shang-Chi: Who guards my sleep soon.

Ant-Man 3 Director Reveals New Age of Cassie Lang After Recast

Given we saw her birthday in Ant-Man, assuming it's the same day as her party, she would turn 18 on September 25th, 2025. Ant-Man & The Wasp confirmed she was 10 in April/May 2018, meaning she was born on or around September 25th, 2007. If the movie is around her birthday as the article suggests, then it can easily be placed around September 25th, 2025.

Latest posts

Back