Marvel Star wars?

whig4life

How is the original marvel star wars series? Is it worth a read? Or would other star wars but books be better?

E

Excelsior Club
How is the original marvel star wars series? Is it worth a read? Or would other star wars but books be better?

Do you mean the books from the 80s?

Someone here was pretty well versed in those books (was it DiB?). I haven't read them myself, just skimmed through them. I think the style and tone was pretty typical of comics from that era, so depending on your affinity for 80s style comics you may or may not like them. I also seem to remember they were kind of interesting because they were slightly different from the movies.

DIrishB

The Timeline Guy

Do you mean the books from the 80s? Someone here was pretty well versed in those books (was it DiB?). I haven't read them myself, just skimmed through them. I think the style and tone was pretty typical of comics from that era, so depending on your affinity for 80s style comics you may or may not like them. I also seem to remember they were kind of interesting because they were slightly different from the movies.

Wasn't me but I have read most of that run when Dark Horse reprinted them in TPB back in the 1990's. I don't remember much specifically, other than that it was Star Wars with a very large dose of Flash Gordon-type stylization and over the top approaches (there's a humanoid rabbit with green fur, for instance).

They also introduced Jabba the Hutt before his film appearance and had him look very different than what eventually appeared onscreen:

JabbaHut.jpg

Either way it's non-canon now. It was even questionable canon before the reboot in April.

whig4life

I'm definitely reading it along with the series based on the original screenplay, which I read years ago and would love to see in Graphic form.