Metroid Prime 3 - Corruption (Spoilers)

DIrishB

The Timeline Guy
You are all just obstacles on my path to Nirvana.
Metroid Prime 3 - Corruption

...I cannot wait...course, I should probably go pick up Metroid Prime - Hunters for the NDS (I guess pick up an actual NDS also to play it on) in the meantime...

I'm still looking for some gameplay video, but some should be posted very soon after E3.

And now, the Metroid chronology:

Metroid - Zero Mission (Gameboy Advance) *
Metroid Prime (Gamecube)
Metroid Prime - Hunters (DS)
Metroid Prime 2 - Echoes (Gamecube)
Metroid Prime 3 - Corruption (Wii)
Metroid II - Return of Samus (Gameboy)
Metroid III - Super Metroid (Super Nintendo)
Metroid IV - Metroid Fusion (Gameboy Advance)
Metroid V - Metroid Dread (DS) **

* Metroid - Zero Mission takes the place of the original NES Metroid on this timeline.

** Metroid Dread has been reported canceled, then confirmed again several times, but last showing told us to expect it sometime later in 2006, possibly 2007, for the Nintendo DS.

Last edited:
Re: Metroid Prime 3 - Corruption

I read a hands-on written by some guy at the booth. This sounds fantastic, and aiming with the controller is going to be an interesting expierence.

Sacred&Profane said:
I read a hands-on written by some guy at the booth. This sounds fantastic, and aiming with the controller is going to be an interesting expierence.

Definitly. I was watching a video of a guy playing the demo, and the ways you can use that controller seem endless. Even for the grapple hook was a special interface created, basically requiring you to move the controller in a certain way, but also showing you how to (hopefully only at first, could get repetitive otherwise) move it to complete that particular action. It seems overly complicated when you're reading about it, but in motion it works beautifully. I am really looking forward to this system.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Damnit... now I have to get Wii.

This game is the main reason I'm getting a Wii, just as the original Metroid Prime was the main reason I got a Gamecube (another big factore being the rerelease of the original RE games--as well as the completely updated and expanded Gamecube exclusive version of the original RE and RE0). I'm not a huge gamer anymore...I might buy and play 2-3 games a year at most.

But I am very much looking forward to this. I'm probably going to go pick up a DS and MP - Hunters next weekend, as I've heard a lot of good things about both the game and the DS itself.

Looks cool. It's no Halo 3 but a nice little first person shooter. I might get this if it has split screen multiplayer.

I don't like single player on first person shooters. I do however love split screen co-op or split screen vs when I have mates around.

sjmole said:
Looks cool. It's no Halo 3 but a nice little first person shooter. I might get this if it has split screen multiplayer.

I don't like single player on first person shooters. I do however love split screen co-op or split screen vs when I have mates around.

Well, it is said to involve other bounty hunters (like in Metroid Prime - Hunters for the DS, in which you can even play as the other characters). I don't know if this game will be multi-player or not, though I would say there's a pretty good possibility since the MP2 - Echoes had a multi-player feature in it.

I'm not sure if the story mode will feature multi-player, but Metroid games have never been about multi-player anyway. Its about a singular character, Samus Aran, on a dangerous mission on some faraway planet populated with alien life forms and Metroids, etc, etc, etc. There's a purposely built-in sense of solitude and loneliness in the games, all the more amplified by the classic Metroid soundtrack.

It could be done, but I honestly think multi-player story mode in a Metroid game would be a bad thing.

DIrishB said:
This game is the main reason I'm getting a Wii, just as the original Metroid Prime was the main reason I got a Gamecube (another big factore being the rerelease of the original RE games--as well as the completely updated and expanded Gamecube exclusive version of the original RE and RE0). I'm not a huge gamer anymore...I might buy and play 2-3 games a year at most.

But I am very much looking forward to this. I'm probably going to go pick up a DS and MP - Hunters next weekend, as I've heard a lot of good things about both the game and the DS itself.
Be on the look out, DIB-I just read that at "select retailers" (Nintendo didn't say which), they've started bundling MP Hunters with a free DS Rumble Pak (which you could only get from their website before). Can't pass up a good deal.

moonmaster said:
Be on the look out, DIB-I just read that at "select retailers" (Nintendo didn't say which), they've started bundling MP Hunters with a free DS Rumble Pak (which you could only get from their website before). Can't pass up a good deal.

Sweet! Thanks for the heads up. I guess thats an attempt to move some of the older DS's before the new version comes out (DS Lite or whatever its called). I'll keep an eye out though. Thanks again, Moony!

How silly I was this looks 1000x better than halo 3.

I really want this game. I'm still not fussed on single player part of fps but I'm looking forward to this. Also thinking of getting Red Steel to get use to fps on wii

How silly I was this looks 1000x better than halo 3.

I really want this game. I'm still not fussed on single player part of fps but I'm looking forward to this. Also thinking of getting Red Steel to get use to fps on wii

Eh, I don't know. I think in the end Halo 3 will probably look better than MP3, though not by much.

In the end, you can't fairly compare the Halo series and Metroid series. The Prime game qualify as FPS, but there's much more of an adventure and exploration theme than in the Halo games, which are basically just shooters. The non-linear exploration and back-tracking of the Metroid games also differ it from the Halo games.

I'm a fan of both series and have played quite a bit of both, but in the end I'm a bigger Metroid fan.

Eh, I don't know. I think in the end Halo 3 will probably look better than MP3, though not by much.

In the end, you can't fairly compare the Halo series and Metroid series. The Prime game qualify as FPS, but there's much more of an adventure and exploration theme than in the Halo games, which are basically just shooters. The non-linear exploration and back-tracking of the Metroid games also differ it from the Halo games.

I'm a fan of both series and have played quite a bit of both, but in the end I'm a bigger Metroid fan.

I know you shouldn't but people do.

When I said look better I meant this looks more fun.

Halo will look better graphically but that is only beacuse 360 is the system with best graphics

The only metroid games i've not played are the ds ones because i hate DS and the cube one beacuse i saw fps so backed away

I have my copied pre-ordered and paid for so I am just waiting for the release. I PRAY they don't push it back at this point because I ordered it from the local independent gaming store and I have to go off to college six days later. lol

I haven't played any of the first person Metroids except Hunters, and I didn't like the single player on that one. No plot or anything. This game looks friggin amazing though, especially if ur hardcore gamer. Or so I heard.

Can't wait.. Metroid > Halo 3?

This should be a good one. The last two games were difficult and that's a good thing in my opinion. Certainly long enough, too.

Most assuredly. Halo is so overrated.

I agree. I enjoyed the 2nd game on my xbox, and I understand that people really like it. There is alot of details to it. But its certainly not teh zomg111!!best game out there.

I haven't played any of the first person Metroids except Hunters, and I didn't like the single player on that one. No plot or anything. This game looks friggin amazing though, especially if ur hardcore gamer. Or so I heard.

Can't wait.. Metroid > Halo 3?

Halo 3 will have a better story, and will likely be more fun, but either way, both are going to be awesome.

Latest posts

Back