New forum feature - tags

E

Excelsior Club
The upgrade I did last night brings a cool new feature - tagging.

At the bottom of each page for each thread, you will see an area for tags. Bloggers will be familiar with the concept: basically what it is is a special label you can apply based on the content of the thread. I've done a few of them in the DC forum for a few of the Batman related threads that you can look at to see how it works. It's not complicated.

Tagging threads helps people read more about a particular subject; it groups threads together.

The rules: each thread can have 25 tags. The thread starter can specify 5, and anyone else can specify 2 after the thread is started. I believe Mods can specify as many as they want but I'm not sure. PLEASE be sure to spell tags correctly if you are creating a new tag. If you are applying existing tags to a new thread you can begin typing and suggestions will pop up.

The tags should be based on the subject - it's not a search. You don't need to include every single thing that is included in the thread.

The tags are normalized to lowercase letters. When applying multiple tags they are separated by commas, i.e.:

batman,joker,riddler,robin

To view threads in a particular tag, just click on the tag at the end of the thread pages.

Feel free to tag existing threads. It will make the forums more useful and easy to use, especially seeing as how

E

Excelsior Club
A tip - it helps to tag threads for specific books based on the creative team. I've tagged threads for Warren Ellis, Mark Millar, Bryan Hitch, and others.

Random

Didn't **** any of those *****es
A tip - it helps to tag threads for specific books based on the creative team. I've tagged threads for Warren Ellis, Mark Millar, Bryan Hitch, and others.

I'm not saying it is useless, just that it feels useless

SSJmole

Face-Punching As Foreign Policy
That actually sounds convenient and pretty damn handy. I love the idea that if I read a comic I've not read before but love it I can click the writers name and go look up his other work or the same for artist.

Last edited:

JonnyFreeze

now i can tag any thread which has talk of, or pictures of asian chicks and that way they will be easier to find for appreciators worldwide! :D

ProjectX2

Don't expect me to take you with me when I go to s
As long as people don't start making social groups and sending out friend requests because I will hunt you down. We don't need UC being taken over by clans.

Ultimate Houde

UC's Resident Genetic Recombinator
I also don't like how edited posts list every change that was done to the post when you click on it.

And I dislike the new profile changes as well.

TGO says I hate too much.

ourchair

I think the threads should have a limit to the tags displayed, such that only the top five tags are deemed pertinent for searching preferences. However, I imagine these tags would be silly in general purpose threads such as "All About Movies" unless people begin to create new threads that make such non-artifact specific threads more conceptually specific.

ProjectX2

Don't expect me to take you with me when I go to s
No social groups, Joe Kalicki. It is easier and better without them. I will delete any that are made, no exceptions.

Latest posts