Non-Arrowverse DC TV Show Timelines

I put it in there, but I didnt catch that line so I may revisit the ep again and add it. We're at a 20 page script right now and it's been all I've been doing for like the past two weeks

Sorry, not Danny Patrol. The line was actually in the episode "Frances Patrol". Almost 7 minutes into the episode, Rita walks up to Jane and says:
"I once took a respite at Rockhaven Sanitarium in Glendale."

A Sanitarium is a hospital for physical and mental illnesses.

Last edited:
Official press release from DC/WB states Doom Patrol takes place following their episode in Titans.

Show runner has also said:

"They're in the same world. We're asking fans to come to this version of the show knowing that it is the same world, but it's a different continuity. While there are elements of Titans and the show's introduction of our team, not all characterizations are the same and it's best just to come into it with a fresh look."

Not to mention that episode 2 has references to the Krypto/Superboy ending for Titans season 1 and the death of Melissa Roth from that shows first episode.

Swamp Thing and Stargirl are more in the air. Swamp Thing team has said it COULD coexist, but that they werent concerned with that. My guess is it may be brought back in later like how Constantine was to the Arrowverse. Stargirl set reportedly had a Rita Farr poster, and the DCU Easter eggs blogs suggests there may have been a Stargirl reference in Doom Patrol so there's potential, but no confirmation.

On a seperate note, I've been working on a timeline video for Watchtower Database on both shows, and one of the last things I've gotta pin down is the flashback from Danny the Street. I see here that its marked 2009, but after watching the episode multiple times I've seen nothing that pins it there. Is there a reason for this date?
Oh I see, thanks!
They are both great shows, so if they're in the same timeline, it's perfect! :p

Oh I see, thanks!
They are both great shows, so if they're in the same timeline, it's perfect! :p
Yeah, it's certainly a confusing situation, but I think the staff talk about it being different had to do with DP's characterization and overall feel being different from that of Titans as well as the logistics of crossover opportunity (from the outside looking in one could assume that both shows would want to use Cyborg and Beast Boy at points)

Will do you do a timeline for TV Series Watchmen? I heard that the original comics is canon, and the TV series begins 34 years after?

I think you could move Black Lightning to the Arrowverse timeline because:

6 shows:
Arrow
The Flash
Supergirl
DC's Legends of Tomorrow
Black Lightning
Batwoman

FandomWire also said his role is similar to Batwomans in Elseworlds. It's up to you, of cause.

I think you could move Black Lightning to the Arrowverse timeline because:

6 shows:
Arrow
The Flash
Supergirl
DC's Legends of Tomorrow
Black Lightning
Batwoman

FandomWire also said his role is similar to Batwomans in Elseworlds. It's up to you, of cause.

Black Lightning being involved in Crisis doesn't mean he's on Earth-1. He could be on like Earth-16 or Earth-23 or Earth-whatever, and characters have to hop over to recruit him against the Anti-Monitor.

I'll just wait and see dude.

Black Lightning being involved in Crisis doesn't mean he's on Earth-1. He could be on like Earth-16 or Earth-23 or Earth-whatever, and characters have to hop over to recruit him against the Anti-Monitor.

I'll just wait and see dude.
The point is not that he's on Earth-1/Earth-38, the point is they're trying to make him apart of the Arrowverse formally. 6 shows, not 5, treated like Batwoman in Elseworlds. That's what I'm getting at here.

More proof Doom Patrol is canon, since Conner breaks out in April.

By extension, Stargirl, and since Swamp Thing is the odd one out but everything else is, that's implied canon too.

Last edited:
Side-note, but my feelings about the Sandman show...

I feel like they need to acknowledge Matt Cable's death from the Swamp Thing series finale. He's the only live-action version of the character, and one that viewers have grown to care about. Although the logistics of it being on a different streaming service than Netflix would make it difficult to present it to viewers who probably haven't seen Swamp Thing, but not impossible. More importantly, he needs that final apology to Abby Arcane before finally expiring. That's extremely integral to his character arc in the Sandman comics. In Swamp Thing, yes he was responsible for killing Alec Holland which is different from the comics but wouldn't effect much in an adaptation. Again that might be a challenge to write for new viewers. But carrying it over to Sandman, not only gives more depth the character within that show but retroactively brings closure to Matt Cable's story in Swamp Thing. It goes beyond just his death, it's his apology and what he saw in his dreams. Matt did fall asleep during his near death experience towards the end of Swamp Thing.

As for Lucifer...I'm kind of expecting a big time jump for the final season. 5 years at the very least. The showrunners stated that he'll be on a much, much darker path in season five - his appearance in Sandman could be in between season 4 and 5 of Lucifer. In Sandman, Lucifer is still in Hell when Dream comes looking for his artifact, but clearly as a more serious individual. There, the aftermath of the events from Season 4 would justify his personality change. But please keep the actor - Tom Ellis.

Remember...Only one Hell and Lucifer Morningstar exist in the Multiverse. There may be two devils, Lucifer and The First of the Fallen, but they're not the same individual; even if they've borrowed names from each other or both ruled their slice of Hell within their own Provinces.

Last edited:
Side-note, but my feelings about the Sandman show...

I feel like they need to acknowledge Matt Cable's death from the Swamp Thing series finale. He's the only live-action version of the character, and one that viewers have grown to care about. Although the logistics of it being on a different streaming service than Netflix would make it difficult to present it to viewers who probably haven't seen Swamp Thing, but not impossible. More importantly, he needs that final apology to Abby Arcane before finally expiring. That's extremely integral to his character arc in the Sandman comics. In Swamp Thing, yes he was responsible for killing Alec Holland which is different from the comics but wouldn't effect much in an adaptation. Again that might be a challenge to write for new viewers. But carrying it over to Sandman, not only gives more depth the character within that show but retroactively brings closure to Matt Cable's story in Swamp Thing. It goes beyond just his death, it's his apology and what he saw in his dreams. Matt did fall asleep during his near death experience towards the end of Swamp Thing.

As for Lucifer...I'm kind of expecting a big time jump for the final season. 5 years at the very least. The showrunners stated that he'll be on a much, much darker path in season five - his appearance in Sandman could be in between season 4 and 5 of Lucifer. In Sandman, Lucifer is still in Hell when Dream comes looking for his artifact, but clearly as a more serious individual. There, the aftermath of the events from Season 4 would justify his personality change. But please keep the actor - Tom Ellis.

Remember...Only one Hell and Lucifer Morningstar exist in the Multiverse. There may be two devils, Lucifer and The First of the Fallen, but they're not the same individual; even if they've borrowed names from each other or both ruled their slice of Hell within their own Provinces.
Live-Action Vertigo Universe? Throw in Matt Ryan John Constantine (his show can be canon to both universes like Vertigo comics were in DC and Vertigo universes, although it would be great if they could get his name right for once) in a cameo in Lucifer for a little fan service and you've got The Sandman, Swamp Thing, Hellblazer and Lucifer comics represented.

As long as it makes sense (Lucifer has to appear in The Sandman at some point, surely, even if it's not Tom Ellis), it would be a way to get some closure on Swamp Thing and draw in viewers to both Lucifer and The Sandman.

There will be a Watchmen Universe timeline at some point.
Just in case, in the Watchmen TV Series universe, there is:
- Before Watchmen (2012): 1940-1985
- Watchmen comics (the original from 1986-1987): 1985
- Watchmen (TV Series; 2019): 2019

?

And there is no:

- Watchmen (Movie; 2009)
- DC Rebirth (2016 -)
- Doomsday Clock (2017 -)

?

Just in case, in the Watchmen TV Series universe, there is:
- Before Watchmen (2012): 1940-1985
- Watchmen comics (the original from 1986-1987): 1985
- Watchmen (TV Series; 2019): 2019

?

And there is no:

- Watchmen (Movie; 2009)
- DC Rebirth (2016 -)
- Doomsday Clock (2017 -)

?
Are there any contradictions between it and Doomsday Clock? If not, throwing it in is fine I suppose. The movie is non-canonical since it's an adaptation, and the show and Doomsday Clock follow the comics.

Before Watchmen
Watchmen
Doomsday Clock
Watchmen

Are there any contradictions between it and Doomsday Clock? If not, throwing it in is fine I suppose. The movie is non-canonical since it's an adaptation, and the show and Doomsday Clock follow the comics.

Before Watchmen
Watchmen
Doomsday Clock
Watchmen

They talk about "12 issues", so maybe only Watchmen TV Series universe is an alternate universe where only the original comics (+ the TV Series) are canon, but the prequel Before Watchmen nor the sequel Doomsday Clock aren't canon?

Live-Action Vertigo Universe? Throw in Matt Ryan John Constantine (his show can be canon to both universes like Vertigo comics were in DC and Vertigo universes, although it would be great if they could get his name right for once) in a cameo in Lucifer for a little fan service and you've got The Sandman, Swamp Thing, Hellblazer and Lucifer comics represented.

As long as it makes sense (Lucifer has to appear in The Sandman at some point, surely, even if it's not Tom Ellis), it would be a way to get some closure on Swamp Thing and draw in viewers to both Lucifer and The Sandman.

John Constantine can dimensional travel, and Earth-1 Constantine is already an extremely powerful sorcerer. He could easily go to another Earth if he wanted to.

The Constantine show doesn't have to co-exist on two different Earths (which is confusing...) IMO.

Last edited:

They talk about "12 issues", so maybe only Watchmen TV Series universe is an alternate universe where only the original comics (+ the TV Series) are canon, but the prequel Before Watchmen nor the sequel Doomsday Clock aren't canon?

It's been confirmed Marionette is coming over from Doomsday Clock. I'd say it's fine to treat as canon until stated otherwise

Interesting. I found this article analyzing Iain Glen's Bruce Wayne.

Basically, his Bruce Wayne doesn't have to be interpreted as 'old'. Titans' Bruce could easily be the same age as Ben Affleck's Bruce. But here, in this universe/timeline, what they insinuate is that the reason he looks the way he does is because of the toll being Batman does on the human body. 20 years of stress, lack of sleep, crime-fighting, etc would drastically affect him physically.

Thought this would be interesting to share, since Iain Glen's version of the character has been a bit polarizing for some.

So, as Pro Bot said, the prequel and sequel are also canon for the TV Series?
Might as well have the whole thing. You could even include Watchmen: The End is Nigh, which is a tie-in game to the movie but can be treated as canonical. The Watchmen wiki includes promotional material for the movie, which is fine too. Those two are really just optional, though.

Everything except the movie can be counted as canonical because that's an adaptation, just like the Harry Potter films (except Fantastic Beasts, which is both).

Latest posts

Back