Non-Arrowverse DC TV Show Timelines

Might as well have the whole thing. You could even include Watchmen: The End is Nigh, which is a tie-in game to the movie but can be treated as canonical. The Watchmen wiki includes promotional material for the movie, which is fine too. Those two are really just optional, though.

Everything except the movie can be counted as canonical because that's an adaptation, just like the Harry Potter films (except Fantastic Beasts, which is both).
If it's related to the movie, it should be canon to the movie, why it could be canon to the TV series?

If it's related to the movie, it should be canon to the movie, why it could be canon to the TV series?
Optional, I guess. Not necessarily out of canon exactly, but came to be because of the movie. It's definitely in the Movie universe, though. I don't think it has to be included, but there's nothing to indicate it's out of continuity. I'm fine with it being ignored, of cause, but some order it in the comic continuity as well. Perhaps it's events are referenced somewhere?

Slight edit to fix the Titans order:

March
Titans 2x02, "Rose"
Titans 2x03, "Ghosts"
Titans 2x04, "Aqualad"
Titans 2x05, "Deathstroke"

April
Titans
1x11, "Dick Grayson" (0:40:14 - 0:42:17)

????
Titans
2x06, "Conner"
Titans 2x07, "Bruce Wayne"
Titans 2x08, "Jericho"
Titans 2x09, "Atonement"
Titans 2x10, "Fallen"
Titans 2x11, "????"
Titans 2x12, "????"
Titans 2x13, "????"

Last edited:
Speaking of retcons, if Pennyworth and Gotham were somehow set on Earth-38, that headcanon would create an logical (plus historical and geographical) issue after Crisis - that being Berlin.

Pennyworth had an off-handed line in episode four about the German Reich (a fourth Reich?) allowing autonomy to the Netherlands in a committee in Berlin.
Meanwhile on Earth-1, in the Legends of Tomorrow episode "No Country for Old Dads", East and West Berlin are a thing as well as East and West Germany.

If Earth-38 included Gotham and Pennyworth and that Earth merges with Earth-1 in Crisis...that would extremely alter the events of the aforementioned Legends of Tomorrow episode.
But that episode is integral to the storyline so...the cold fusion scientist would be stuck in Germany regardless.

Just a thought. Felt like sharing.

EDIT: It's probably inevitable; Batwoman's Gotham City is (almost) EXACTLY like the one from the show Gotham.

As seen here:

2019 - 15 years = 2004 (i.e. the supposed year when Gotham's series finale took place?)

What about Nyssa al Ghul? According to the Arrowverse wiki, she was born in 1985. She appeared in 1994 in Gotham, meaning she's 9 years old. How would Crisis merge these universes together? I guess she'd have to be older?

What about Nyssa al Ghoul? According to the Arrowverse wiki, she was born in 1985. She appeared in 1994 in Gotham, meaning she's 9 years old. How would Crisis merge these universes together? I guess she'd have to be older?
I have some theories for the whole Nyssa/Ra's situation.
1.) The Ra's in Gotham is the FIRST Ra's. The one before Ra's in Arrow and even his predecessor.
2.) The League of Shadows is a much older, dying sector of the organization compared to the League of Assassins which it branched off from.
3.) The "Nanda Pardat" in Arrow is a city named after the country Nanda Pardat seen in Gotham.
4.) Nyssa al Ghul in Gotham is an ENTIRELY different "Nyssa". The word "Nyssa" translates to "woman". So I would assume that's a preferred name for daughters of the Demon.
5.) Gotham's Nyssa becomes Athena. She worked as an informant for Gotham's Ra's to keep close relations with the current Ra's in Arrow, including training his Nyssa. (The actresses for Gotham's Nyssa and Athena look so much alike, so it could work itself out.)

My theory for Arrow's Cyrus Gold though is simple: That's Sonny Gilzean. Found out about his uncle's identity sometime during the events of Gotham S4, hightailed out of the city when the bridges blew and moved to Star City as an orphan with a new name ('borrowed' from his uncle).

This is all potential post-merger theories, so even anything with Nora Fries on Earth-1 will be erased and she's now been dead since "1985".

Last edited:
A practical but rough, heavy gear looking Gotham suit.

A clean batsuit, similarly coloured and lined to the Gotham suit.

Not just Gotham City, but the Batsuits are notably but believably different to one another. If Gotham was a year 1 Batsuit, it's fair game to make the Arrowverse suit year 11 if they want to make these characters the same. Whatever they do, Crisis pretty much fixes all the problems anyway, since some characters could just be renamed for example. Hopefully by the end of Crisis, we have less cinematic universes to worry about, regardless of Gotham acknowledgement (but hopefully they will).

Oh crap, that Thomas Wayne similarity!

tumblr_pyqf3udAQ61u7vukeo1_1280.png

Just a heads up, the Watchtower Database DC Universe streaming timeline (Year One) video goes up tomorrow (Sunday).

Unlike with the DCAMU video we did where I workshopped my notes in that continuities timeline thread, I played this one pretty close to the best. After finishing it all off I did come over here to cross reference a few things and noticed there were a few placements I disagreed with. Once that's live I'll share the docs for my heavily footnoted script as well as my general notes doc, which includes screenshots of almost every possible timeline marker mentioned, so that things can be adjusted accordingly as seen fit by you all.

Just a heads up, the Watchtower Database DC Universe streaming timeline (Year One) video goes up tomorrow (Sunday).

Unlike with the DCAMU video we did where I workshopped my notes in that continuities timeline thread, I played this one pretty close to the best. After finishing it all off I did come over here to cross reference a few things and noticed there were a few placements I disagreed with. Once that's live I'll share the docs for my heavily footnoted script as well as my general notes doc, which includes screenshots of almost every possible timeline marker mentioned, so that things can be adjusted accordingly as seen fit by you all.
Sounds great.
My personal preference would be to just keep it in the same list--it sounds like a lot to add, and of course it is. But in the grand scheme of things, it's really not that much considering the sheer number of episodes the main DC/CW shows drop every year. In five more years, the new DC/CW output alone will dwarf whatever shows are tied in via the Crisis Crossover. It's going to be cumbersome and complicated whichever route it ends up going. And while some of the older shows might seem tangential now, it seems likely that there will be more crossovers with old shows in the future.

That said, I think there might be a workable compromise: limit the detailed DC/CW timeline to the shows currently on the CW, but remove the "Simplified Viewing/Reading Order" from the first post. Start a new topic for "DC Live Action Multiverse Simplified Viewing/Reading Order", and have that be the new all-inclusive home for everything tied in via Crisis and any future crossovers.

Since it would be just a list of episodes/movies in the approximate year they are set, with no complicated flashback/timetravel entries, it would be a shorter, more manageable list that would represent the full multiverse and allow those of us watching the shows in order a handy resource.

TC
If Selfishmisery doesn't want to do it, that's fair, but after Crisis, depending on how complicated it is and how smooth the continuity is ('66 Batman is a mess), I might do it. I've already got a word document with live action items, just got to add in the comics. https://1drv.ms/w/s!AjpgBLeW7E3Mglp8qR575MnH9iq1

Only difficulty right now is getting Birds of Prey aligned with Smallville S2, because the final episode of Birds of Prey has snow. This implies that it's probably around winter, and I can't just place it in the 3 months Clark was inspired by the red kryptonite ring to act like Tobey Maguire on the black suit.

Last edited:
Thomas Wayne
Oh crap, that Thomas Wayne similarity!

tumblr_pyqf3udAQ61u7vukeo1_1280.png
He looks a little younger in the picture. Mainly the face and hair shape are the same, his age and weight being the main distinguishing factors.

Obviously it's not the same universe, but I guess it's pretty cool to think of Joker in the same universe as Titans and Doom Patrol. Throw in Powerless because of the Easter Egg in Doom Patrol which, according to DCU, might be a reference to that show.

I guess Arthur Fleck would be incredibly old by the time Titans takes place, but who says https://titans.fandom.com/wiki/Joker has to be Arthur Fleck?

Edit Seen Joker and it could quite easily fit in this universe.
Personally, I subscribe to the time jump theory. The movie happened and Joker, now incarcerated in Arkham an ideterminable amount of time later, reflects on how both he and Bruce are forever entwined, both being created that very night. A joke that only they could understand.

Crisis on Infinite Earths
I don't think it'll be that bad.

Batman (Wonder Woman counting comics)
Superman Returns
Black Lightning

Maybe:
Shazam/Isis
Wonder Woman
Lois & Clark
Smallville (DIrishB already did that one, so it won't be that hard)

I can't imagine Titans, Gotham or the DCEU getting involved. Just old series, really. We'll see. I'd happily watch these shows if I can get a hold of them.
How naive of me.

Arrow/Gotham
Bruce was born on February 19 in Gotham City to Thomas and Martha Wayne.

February 19
Gotham
4x18, "That's Entertainment"
Bruce's birthday occurs in this episode.

Arrow/Gotham
Hmm... interesting coincidence.

Last edited:
Can someone make a Watchmen TV Series reading/viewing order please?

With all the related things canon for the TV Series?

Thanks!

Can someone make a Watchmen TV Series reading/viewing order please?

With all the related things canon for the TV Series?

Thanks!
Before Watchmen: Minutemen #1 (1962 frame story)

1939-1940
Before Watchmen: Minutemen #2 (1962 frame story)

1940-1942
Before Watchmen: Minutemen #3 (1962 frame story)

Before Watchmen: Minutemen #4 (1962 frame story)

Before Watchmen: Dollar Bill #1

1947-1955
Before Watchmen: Minutemen #5 (1962 frame story)

Before Watchmen: Minutemen #6 (1962 frame story)

Before Watchmen: Oxymandias #1 (1985 frame story)
Before Watchmen: Oxymandias #2 (1985 frame story)

1959-1960
Before Watchmen: Oxymandias #3 (1985 frame story)

Before Watchmen: Comedian #1

????
Before Watchmen: Comedian #2
Before Watchmen: Comedian #3

Before Watchmen: Silk Spectre #1
Before Watchmen: Silk Spectre #2
Before Watchmen: Silk Spectre #3

Before Watchmen: Silk Spectre #4

1960-1966
Before Watchmen: Oxymandias #4 (1985 frame story)

1962-1966
Before Watchmen: Nite Owl #1

Before Watchmen: Nite Owl #2
Before Watchmen: Nite Owl #3
Before Watchmen: Nite Owl #4

????
Before Watchmen: Comedian #4
Before Watchmen: Comedian #5
Before Watchmen: Comedian #6

Watchmen: The End is Nigh: Part 1

Before Watchmen: Rorschach #1
Before Watchmen: Rorschach #2
Before Watchmen: Rorschach #3
Before Watchmen: Rorschach #4

Watchmen: The End is Nigh: Part 2

1966-1978
Before Watchmen: Oxymandias #5 (1985 frame story)

Before Watchmen: Moloch #1

1981-1985
Before Watchmen: Oxymandias #6 (1985 frame story)

Watchmen #1
Watchmen #2
Watchmen #3
Watchmen #4
Before Watchmen: Dr. Manhattan #1
Before Watchmen: Dr. Manhattan #2
Before Watchmen: Dr. Manhattan #3
Before Watchmen: Dr. Manhattan #4
Watchmen #5
Before Watchmen: Moloch #2
Watchmen #6
Watchmen #7
Watchmen #8
Watchmen #9
Watchmen #10
Watchmen #11
Watchmen #12

Doomsday Clock #1
Doomsday Clock #2
(2010s DC Universe)
Doomsday Clock #3 (2010s DC Universe)
Doomsday Clock #4 (2010s DC Universe)
Doomsday Clock #5 (2010s DC Universe)
Doomsday Clock #6 (2010s DC Universe)
Doomsday Clock #7 (2010s DC Universe)
Doomsday Clock #8 (2010s DC Universe)
Doomsday Clock #9 (2010s DC Universe)
Doomsday Clock #10 (2010s DC Universe)
Doomsday Clock #11 (2010s DC Universe)
Doomsday Clock #12 (2010s DC Universe)

Watchmen 1x01: It's Summer and We're Running Out of Ice
Watchmen 1x02: Martial Feats of Comanche Horsemanship
Watchmen 1x03: She Was Killed by Space Junk
Watchmen 1x04: If You Don't Like My Story, Write Your Own
Watchmen 1x05: Little Fear of Lightning
Watchmen 1x06: This Extraordinary Being
Watchmen 1x07: An Almost Religious Awe
Watchmen 1x08: A God Walks into a Bar
Watchmen 1x09: See How They Fly

Something like that, I think? Going through it adding timeline markers, but I'm pretty sure this is correct.
Note: there is an extra in-universe pirate comic in Watchmen and Before Watchmen, but it's events are non-canonical within the Watchmen world so I don't think it should impact the viewing order. Technically Before Watchmen's pirate comic was published post-Watchmen's pirate story in-universe.

Last edited:
Before Watchmen: Minutemen #1
Before Watchmen: Minutemen #2

????
Before Watchmen: Minutemen #3
Before Watchmen: Minutemen #4
Before Watchmen: Dollar Bill #1
Before Watchmen: Minutemen #5
Before Watchmen: Minutemen #6
Before Watchmen: Nite Owl #1
Before Watchmen: Oxymandias #1
Before Watchmen: Oxymandias #2
Before Watchmen: Oxymandias #3
Before Watchmen: Comedian #1
Before Watchmen: Comedian #2
Before Watchmen: Comedian #3
Before Watchmen: Oxymandias #4
Before Watchmen: Silk Spectre #1
Before Watchmen: Silk Spectre #2
Before Watchmen: Silk Spectre #3
Before Watchmen: Silk Spectre #4
Before Watchmen: Nite Owl #2
Watchmen: Who Watches the Watchmen?
Before Watchmen: Nite Owl #3
Before Watchmen: Nite Owl #4
Before Watchmen: Comedian #5
Watchmen: Taking Out The Trash
Before Watchmen: Moloch #1

Before Watchmen: Oxymandias #5

1973-1977
Watchmen: The End is Nigh

????
Before Watchmen: Rorschach #1
Before Watchmen: Rorschach #2
Before Watchmen: Rorschach #3
Before Watchmen: Rorschach #4
Before Watchmen: Oxymandias #6

Watchmen #1
Watchmen #2
Watchmen #3
Watchmen #4
Before Watchmen: Dr. Manhattan #1
Before Watchmen: Dr. Manhattan #2
Before Watchmen: Dr. Manhattan #3
Before Watchmen: Dr. Manhattan #4
Watchmen #5
Before Watchmen: Moloch #2
Watchmen #6
Watchmen #7
Watchmen #8
Watchmen #9
Watchmen #10
Watchmen #11
Watchmen #12

DC Universe: Rebirth #1
The Flash: Rebirth #1
Batman #21
The Flash #21
Batman #22
The Flash #22
Doomsday Clock #1
Doomsday Clock #2
Doomsday Clock #3
Doomsday Clock #4
Doomsday Clock #5
Doomsday Clock #6
Doomsday Clock #7
Doomsday Clock #8
Doomsday Clock #9
Doomsday Clock #10
Doomsday Clock #11

Doomsday Clock #12

Watchmen 1x01: It's Summer and We're Running Out of Ice
Watchmen 1x02: Martial Feats of Comanche Horsemanship
Watchmen 1x03: She Was Killed by Space Junk
Watchmen 1x04: If You Don't Like My Story, Write Your Own
Watchmen 1x05: Little Fear of Lightning
Watchmen 1x06: This Extraordinary Being
Watchmen 1x07:
Watchmen 1x08:
Watchmen 1x09:

Something like that, I think? Going through it adding timeline markers, but I'm pretty sure this is correct.
Note: there is an extra in-universe pirate comic in Watchmen and Before Watchmen, but it's events are non-canonical within the Watchmen world so I don't think it should impact the viewing order. Technically Before Watchmen's pirate comic was released post-Watchmen.
Thank you very much! I will catch up all of these before the TV series, thanks!

Latest posts

Back